TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby dast plaque

SVT42

Hey guys, im new the the forums. I have a 2008 vapor silver gt500. Im only 18 and im very lucky to have such a beautiful car. I was going to order a dash plaque but its not on the shelby store. Does anyone know where i could find one?

SVT42 - Welcome to TeamShelby! You will find lots of good information here as well a bit of entertainment. I have the dash plaque, but for the life of me, cannot find the information on ordering it. Unless someone else posts better information, you might try giving the Shelby Store a call at 702.405.3500.

You have an awesome car! Enjoy it, but make sure you respect the power...

SVT42 - Welcome to TeamShelby! You will find lots of good information here as well a bit of entertainment. I have the dash plaque, but for the life of me, cannot find the information on ordering it. Unless someone else posts better information, you might try giving the Shelby Store a call at 702.405.3500.

You have an awesome car! Enjoy it, but make sure you respect the power...

Thanks! Ill try to give them a call.

You have to go through the "Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation"

http://www.cscf.org/

Click on "Get Carroll's autograph"

I was looking at the 2008 Shelby Performance Parts catalog and the dash plaque/sill plates was on page 36. The part number was KIT-SP-DPGT500. Shelby Performance Parts is part of the Shelby Store now.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get the dash plaque through CSCF. Pretty much anything else that you want autographed like the airbag cover...

I was looking at the 2008 Shelby Performance Parts catalog and the dash plaque/sill plates was on page 36. The part number was KIT-SP-DPGT500. Shelby Performance Parts is part of the Shelby Store now.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you get the dash plaque through CSCF. Pretty much anything else that you want autographed like the airbag cover...

I can't find it either?

I am new to team shelby and I have a dash palque question too. Why do some plaque numbers match the vin numbers and others don't. I have a 2008 Shelby 500 with matching numbers. I bought the car used so plaque was put at some point. I have found no one that knows why for sure. Thanks to who may be able to give me an answer.

I am new to team shelby and I have a dash palque question too. Why do some plaque numbers match the vin numbers and others don't. I have a 2008 Shelby 500 with matching numbers. I bought the car used so plaque was put at some point. I have found no one that knows why for sure. Thanks to who may be able to give me an answer.

Some did not come with Plaques and the ones that have numbers that do NOT match probably came off another car. Some times you will find them on Ebay. When the GT 500's are converted over to Super Snakes, they get new Dash Plaques and the Old Ones are usually sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carroll-Shelby-Signed-GT500-Dash-Plaque-Badge-Plate_W0QQitemZ320495140444QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9effbe5c

Not sure if this answers your question, but some dash plaques you may have seen have the CSM# assigned by Shelby that is associated with the upgrade package done to the car. For example, the Super Snakes and 40th Anniversery packages each have a CSM# unique to the car that does not match the original VIN of the car.

Hope this helps.

Some did not come with Plaques and the ones that have numbers that do NOT match probably came off another car. Some times you will find them on Ebay. When the GT 500's are converted over to Super Snakes, they get new Dash Plaques and the Old Ones are usually sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carroll-Shelby-Signed-GT500-Dash-Plaque-Badge-Plate_W0QQitemZ320495140444QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9effbe5c

GT500's do not come with dash plaques so there are no old ones to remove or sell.

Warnings about that ebay seller has been brought up previously. Its up to the buyer to decide if they want to purchase a plaque with someone elses vin number on it.

Steve

GT500's do not come with dash plaques so there are no old ones to remove or sell.

Warnings about that ebay seller has been brought up previously. Its up to the buyer to decide if they want to purchase a plaque with someone elses vin number on it.

Steve

Back again on my dash plaque on my 2008 Shelby. It does have a upgrade package that includes 20" Shelby wheels, lowered chassisof 1.5 in. and borla exhaust. The car was sold new in Florida but I don't know where the upgrade was done. I have tried to find the dealership that sold the car new but don't have any of the original paper work. I think that it is really cool to have the vin number to match my Shelby number. Thanks guys for anything more you can tell me.

Back again on my dash plaque on my 2008 Shelby. It does have a upgrade package that includes 20" Shelby wheels, lowered chassisof 1.5 in. and borla exhaust. The car was sold new in Florida but I don't know where the upgrade was done. I have tried to find the dealership that sold the car new but don't have any of the original paper work. I think that it is really cool to have the vin number to match my Shelby number. Thanks guys for anything more you can tell me.

In the years since it was first sold the owner could have just installed the wheels, lowering kit and exhaust. That doesn't make it any sort of Shelby upgrade that would qualify for a dash plaque. As has already been said The GT500 does not come with a dash plaque. That said you can order one using the link above to the CSCF with your VIN number.

The only cars that get a dash plaque as part of an upgrade pre/post title with a CSM number are:

Shelby GT

Shelby GT-R

Shelby GT/SC

Shelby GT/SR

Shelby GTH

Shelby Turbo

GT350

GT500KR

GT500 SS

Anyone know if the GT500 40th Anniversary or 427 get one?

Did I forget any?

If you post a pic of your car it would help identify it beyond the the fact that it's a GT500 and we can be of more help.

In the years since it was first sold the owner could have just installed the wheels, lowering kit and exhaust. That doesn't make it any sort of Shelby upgrade that would qualify for a dash plaque. As has already been said The GT500 does not come with a dash plaque. That said you can order one using the link above to the CSCF with your VIN number.

The only cars that get a dash plaque as part of an upgrade pre/post title with a CSM number are:

Shelby GT

Shelby GT-R

Shelby GT/SC

Shelby GT/SR

Shelby GTH

Shelby Turbo

GT350

GT500KR

GT500 SS

Did I forget any?

If you post a pic of your car it would help identify it beyond the the fact that it's a GT500 and we can be of more help.

Hi jeff it took a while but I got some pictures I had from last fall, just look in my gallery. They are not the best quality so I will improve on them at a later date. Thanks again for everyones help.

Hi jeff it took a while but I got some pictures I had from last fall, just look in my gallery. They are not the best quality so I will improve on them at a later date. Thanks again for everyones help.

NICE CAR! I always thought that if I got another Shelby it would be that black on black, real nice!

From what limited GT500 knowledge I have, and other owners can chime in, you have a GT500 that someone, past owner, dealership, etc., added some new wheels (which look great) and the other items you mentioned. So your car would not get a CSM dash plaque but you can buy one of the personally autographed dash plaques from the CSCF using the link above.

Again nice car! Have fun, but drive safe, and remember guys in their 4 cyl ricers are jealous and will try to make you race or otherwise damage your car. In the end street racing is more about who's most willing to crash their car than it is anything else.

Take care!

Shelby GT

Shelby GT-R

Shelby GT/SC

Shelby GT/SR

Shelby GTH

Shelby Turbo

GT350

GT500KR

GT500 SS

Did I forget any?

Add to Jeff's list:

40th Anniv Cars

CS6-8 Cars

427 Cars

Terlinqua Cars

We have taken the Dash Plaques off line from SPP for a short while we are looking at a new vendor and we will have them back on-line in a few months.

Thanks

Sharon

Sharon,

If you can, as part of that effort, could you look into allowing those of us with one of the above CSM plaques to replace them with an actual signed plaque like the GT500 VIN plaque?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, im new the the forums. I have a 2008 vapor silver gt500. Im only 18 and im very lucky to have such a beautiful car. I was going to order a dash plaque but its not on the shelby store. Does anyone know where i could find one?

Go to Shelby store and go under Shelby parts and then click on interior. Here is link to find it fast. http://www.shelbystore.com/category-s/40.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=40&show=18&page=2

Archived