TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Close Encounter with a Prius

Picked up my four year old from daycare, tops down heading home. Not much seat time only 210 miles on the car. Rural area, Police station just down the street. Making sure I'm doing 35 the speed limit. Green light, almost at the intersection F :censored: Prius comes out from the shopping center on my right. He isn't looking! Visioned my front end being altered, I hit the horn, applied the brakes, thru it into the left lane and went around him. He stops half way in the intersection, guess it was not recalled.

Waited for him to roll up so I can give him an ear full. "There is a yield there!" He was at least 70+. Good thing his brake peddle worked.

:club: Elderly drivers should not be on the road. :slapfight:

Just venting thanks for reading! :boring:

Picked up my four year old from daycare, tops down heading home. Not much seat time only 210 miles on the car. Rural area, Police station just down the street. Making sure I'm doing 35 the speed limit. Green light, almost at the intersection F :censored: Prius comes out from the shopping center on my right. He isn't looking! Visioned my front end being altered, I hit the horn, applied the brakes, thru it into the left lane and went around him. He stops half way in the intersection, guess it was not recalled.

Waited for him to roll up so I can give him an ear full. "There is a yield there!" He was at least 70+. Good thing his gas peddle didn't stick.

Priuses aren't supposed to have gas pedal issues its the brakes that are the issue. So most likely his car wouldn't stop. I wouldn't drive a Toyota until it was fixed. But then again I should have stopped at I wouldn't drive a Toyota. :hysterical:

Waited for him to roll up so I can give him an ear full. "There is a yield there!" He was at least 70+. Good thing his brake peddle worked.

My Neighbor has a Prius.... i Love to give my car a nice ROAR when he's outside looking. Shove them fumes in the air haha.

And if you had collided, you would naturally be at fault--wide eyed maniac with a socially irresponsible car--everyone would know you were hot rodding, revving the motor, squalling tires.......it's a burden we all bear.....good save!

:yahoo:Not only are there elderly drivers on the road, some of them are driving GT500s! :peelout:

Archived