TEAM SHELBY FORUM

strut tower caps

Torched10

Without going into the all the gorey details,again, i have 2 torch red strut caps for my 2010,one cracked,and one fine,thats Ive been looking at for a month, and i need to get rid of them.For some reason, the crack in the one didnt go all the way thru, so if youre good with body stuff you might be able to fix it--if you can fit it on the car.If any of you guys want them for postage PM me and ill send them to you--1st come basis--bob

Without going into the all the gorey details,again, i have 2 torch red strut caps for my 2010,one cracked,and one fine,thats Ive been looking at for a month, and i need to get rid of them.For some reason, the crack in the one didnt go all the way thru, so if youre good with body stuff you might be able to fix it--if you can fit it on the car.If any of you guys want them for postage PM me and ill send them to you--1st come basis--bob

Bob, sorry to hear the continued bad luck on those! Did you get another set and get those to work or what are you going to do now? I'm looking at going with a set of UPR billet alum caps. Didn't want to "over Blue" my compartment, and with the billet alum pullies and polished L&M TB i think it will really bring ballance to the nice alum look in the compartment.

Nic

Bob, sorry to hear the continued bad luck on those! Did you get another set and get those to work or what are you going to do now? I'm looking at going with a set of UPR billet alum caps. Didn't want to "over Blue" my compartment, and with the billet alum pullies and polished L&M TB i think it will really bring ballance to the nice alum look in the compartment.

Nic

Nic---sorry to say it didnt work out with the painted ones.Where are youplanning on getting the billets--make sure theyr are designed for the 2010 and they have a solid rep/return policy.Being an engineer, i think the tower strut brace bolt may have varying tolerance for coming up to the engine bay,and it was hitting the inside of the cap.

Archived