Evil95GT

Favorite Mustang magazine  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which magazine is the best?

• Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords
    • 5.0 Mustangs and Super Ford
    • Mustang Enthusiast
    • Other (tell us about it)

Ok guys............this is something I feel strongly about, so I decided to start a poll.

While I feel that 5.0 Mustang was a good magazine a while back, I have always found it to be slightly lacking, and viewed it as having too much of a focus on "Pro 5.0" cars (read: shit you or I could never afford to build or own).

Mustang Enthusiast is a magazine of a different flavor, but that one doesn't really cater to me either. Their focus is too much of the cosmetics, and not enough of the mechanicals (which is what does it for me).

I've been a reader of MM&FF since I entered the game. I've watched the magazine itself go through lots of changes, and I'm really happy with what it morphed into...........a one stop magazine that has all the technical articles, a pretty good balance of 4.6L vs. 5.0 material, enough advertisements to keep my wish list growing while helping me in finding the best pricing, and a shitload of interesting information.

So folks, MM&FF gets my vote.

Discuss?

:happy feet:

I've been a MM&FF subscriber for many, many years, but lately I've considering whether I want to renew any more. I live in the NW, and drag race at the local track. The racing action in MM&FF is always Midwest, East Coast, or the Southeast. Rarely the West Coast and never the Northwest. And the classes they cover are the top classes like Pro-5.0 which I can't relate to in my 13 second Mustang. No disrespect to Kevin Marsh, but in the current MM&FF there are 6 pictures of his pro-class white Mustang - six!! And his car is in MM&FF every frickin' month. I'd be happy if my car was shown once ever.

MM&FF has really gone away from the "Fast Fords" part of their title. Sure, the Mustang is cool and it's my favorite car, but I can appreciate lots of related Fords - new and old.

Lots of cool stories on 5.0's, 351's, and strokers. Lots of them being super/turbo charged and lots of speed parts being tested on the venerable Windsor based V8's. Lots of cool stories on pre-PI 4.6L Mustang GT's (96-98's) like the Red-Headed Stepchild build up. Lots of cool stories on the supercharged 2003-4 Cobras. Way too many stories on the 2005-6 Mustang GT's. Somehow, my poor little 335hp 2003 Mach 1 gets no tech articles or attention. Not only is there no coverage in the magazine via articles, but there is precious little in the aftermarket advertisers for the 2003-4 Mach 1's. We have a very similar engine to the 1996-2001 SVT Cobras, but they get nothing either - with the rare exception of Jim Campy's "SuperFly" Cobra that hasn't gotten any real ink for many years now. So, the 2V and 3V 4.6's are getting a lot of ink, along with the supercharged 4V's. How 'bout us N/A 4V's? There is just something awesome about driving/hearing a 32-valve V8 ripping through the gears. How 'bout a little support from the media and aftermarket!

I voted other because I don't subscribe to a Mustang specific magazine. However, Hemmings Muscle Machines is hands down my favorite car publication. I started subscribing to it when I purchased my 68' Firebird and can honestly say it's the best magazine I've ever seen for muscle cars.

I also get Autoweek because the last page always cracks me up.

I have subscriptions on

Mustang Monthly

5.0 Mustang & Superfords

Mustang Times

SVT Enthusiast (who knows for long)

My own Mustang club's quarterly full color magazine Pony Corral. 2005 covers shown here. We are proud.

And as a President of the Mustang club here in the Netherlands I get mags from all clubs over Europe, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany and England.

voorkant_01_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_02_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_03_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_04_2005prev.JPG

voorkant_01_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_02_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_03_2005prev.jpg

voorkant_04_2005prev.JPG

Archived