TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT-H owner

MustangTom

Glad to hear your GT-H checked out. Your problems sound pretty typical of GT-H's. The rental life is hard on the paint and Hertz would freshen them up. The hangers breaking on the GTA mufflers is not unusual. I had one break on my convertible and had it re-welded. I would guess the inside edges of your front tires are pretty much gone. I replaced my tires and just tonight replaced my pads and rotors with Ford pads and Baer slotted / drilled rotors.

I got good news today, no major problems with the car! The repainted panels appear to be mainly cosmetic, not due to accident damage. The front bumper cover has been repaired and repainted, but there aren't signs of any structural damage. The hanger on the remaining stock muffler was about to give way, so the other side may have let go and been the cause of the mis-matched repair.

The brakes and tires don't have a lot of life left, so I'll need to decide whether to replace them with stock parts or upgrade.

I am so happy that the car checks out! Next step will be to sign up on the registry, send for the Shelby ownership package and try to get the original paperwork from Hertz.

Glad to hear all is OK. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

It's killing me that I work from before sunrise to after sunset, and the weather here in Washington is actually nice this week! Sunday is my next day off, and you better believe I'll be spending it on the road somewhere. The only time my wife has spent in the car was 1 minute at the car lot. If she's not busy later today I might take her for a ride on my dinner break (we both work at the same place).

Congrats and welcome to the family! Yeah, ever since I got mine I have been watching the weather every night to plan my GT-H outings.....the exhaust burble will make her knee feel better, I promise...:-)

It's killing me that I work from before sunrise to after sunset, and the weather here in Washington is actually nice this week! Sunday is my next day off, and you better believe I'll be spending it on the road somewhere. The only time my wife has spent in the car was 1 minute at the car lot. If she's not busy later today I might take her for a ride on my dinner break (we both work at the same place).

Hey Buddy you will LOVE that baby.......

Hey Buddy you will LOVE that baby.......

My wife is already jealous! When our family/friends ask about the car she says 'he's in love with it, it's all he talks about now'.

And since we're on the subject, here's a picture of the new hood pins installed:

shelby09.jpg

My wife is already jealous! When our family/friends ask about the car she says 'he's in love with it, it's all he talks about now'.

And since we're on the subject, here's a picture of the new hood pins installed:

shelby09.jpg

I thought the billet hood pins did not fit and the holes did not line up. Maybe not correct info! Looks good.

I thought the billet hood pins did not fit and the holes did not line up. Maybe not correct info! Looks good.

They do fit, but the new brackets are about 1/4 inch longer, so you have to drill out the holes a little more so the hood will close easily. I replaced mine with the BLACK Billet pins., Ill try to get a pic.

They do fit, but the new brackets are about 1/4 inch longer, so you have to drill out the holes a little more so the hood will close easily. I replaced mine with the BLACK Billet pins., Ill try to get a pic.

I tried to install them myself but with only a Dremel to grind the holes bigger, I wasn't getting anywhere. I took it to the shop I always go to, and they even had a hard time. That made me feel better about not being able to do it myself. I had read some threads that made it sound easy, but I think they were using the stock hood. The angle of the Shelby hood combined with the increased height of the plates is what causes the problem.

• 2 months later...

Congrats and enjoy! I rented one in Tampa back in '08.... still think I'd like to get one!

Keith

Thanks Keith!

shelby18.jpg

I gotta figure out what to do about that splitter. It's bugging me more and more each time I look at it. Unfortunately the car is also missing the plastic 'stone deflector' parts underneath as well.

Tom -

All your missing stone deflector parts, including the fastners, are available individually from Ford. They are not too expensive. Mine were all missing as well and I replaced them. Those pieces will add some stability to the front fascia. Also, there is a carbon fiber cover available for that part of the splitter and it would completely cover the damage. It is expensive, but quite a bit cheaper than replacing the entire front fascia, painting it, and restriping it. Here is a link: Carbon Fiber Splitter cover

Unfortunately the car is also missing the plastic 'stone deflector' parts underneath as well.

I've got the under tray from my '08 GT/CS (which uses the same bumper). It's used, but no cracks. It won't fit on my car anymore because I have the CS8 front end now. Cover the shipping plus about $10 for packing materials and you can have it. PM me if you want it.

I've got the under tray from my '08 GT/CS (which uses the same bumper). It's used, but no cracks. It won't fit on my car anymore because I have the CS8 front end now. Cover the shipping plus about $10 for packing materials and you can have it. PM me if you want it.

PM sent. Thanks Aaron!

Tom

Archived