TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT-H owner

MustangTom

OK, I'm in shock! I just bought 2007 GT-H number 07H066!

I posted in the GT-H forum about this car, when I found it last week. It's far from perfect and has definately been around the block a few times. At 57k she may be the highest mileage GT-H out there, but I love her anyway. Never in my life did I think I would own a Shelby, much less such a limited edition. I signed the papers just an hour or so ago, so I'm still freaking out.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that the car doesn't have any major issues. Yes I should have had someone check it out for me first, but the test drive sold me like I knew it would (so did the dealer, I'm sure). It needs some cosmetic work, but I can't even think about that now as I'm still freaking out!

Here are the first pics:

post-27612-126638005931_thumb.jpg

post-27612-126638006706_thumb.jpg

post-27612-126638005931_thumb.jpg

post-27612-126638006706_thumb.jpg

I posted in the GT-H forum about this car, when I found it last week. It's far from perfect and has definately been around the block a few times. At 57k she may be the highest mileage GT-H out there, but I love her anyway. Never in my life did I think I would own a Shelby, much less such a limited edition. I signed the papers just an hour or so ago, so I'm still freaking out.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that the car doesn't have any major issues. Yes I should have had someone check it out for me first, but the test drive sold me like I knew it would (so did the dealer, I'm sure). It needs some cosmetic work, but I can't even think about that now as I'm still freaking out!

Here are the first pics:

It's OK,.................. go ahead, freak out..................it's all good. Welcome to the "freakin sweet" Shelby brotherhood.

QSS

Here are the first pics:

Congrats!!!!!

It's a great low number.

What a day!

My wife tripped on our threshold when bringing in the box of stuff from my GT. It's midnight and I'm writing this from the emergency lobby where they've just taken an X-ray of her swolen knee.

We'll sure never forget this day...

Update with good news, no bones broken! Appears to be a brused bone.

jnj - I live in Mountlake Terrace, just north of Seattle.

Just to let you know, you are not done spending $$$ yet. Now you have to do what everyone else does that buys a GT-H. Get online and buy all the GT-H memorbilia you can find. There are posts on the forum that list all the items that are out there from magazine articles to diecasts and even hats. Good Luck!

Just to let you know, you are not done spending $$$ yet. Now you have to do what everyone else does that buys a GT-H. Get online and buy all the GT-H memorbilia you can find. There are posts on the forum that list all the items that are out there from magazine articles to diecasts and even hats. Good Luck!

Wow, my GT-H memorabilia is currently at zero, but my Shelby memorabilia just went up by 3 shirts in 3 days!

Team Shelby membership comes with shirt number 1.

Hertz Rent-A-Racer plate frames from Tony Branda was less than the $20 minimum order, so add shirt number 2.

While ordering some parts for the car on the Shelby Store I came across another shirt I couldn't live without, so that's shirt number 3.

Pretty soon I'll have a different shirt to wear each day while driving the car!

Congrats, have fun and take some more pictures. Get some sunlight on the bad boy!

It's killing me that I work from before sunrise to after sunset, and the weather here in Washington is actually nice this week! Sunday is my next day off, and you better believe I'll be spending it on the road somewhere. The only time my wife has spent in the car was 1 minute at the car lot. If she's not busy later today I might take her for a ride on my dinner break (we both work at the same place).

Always great to meet a new T/S member!! Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of Team Shelby, and have a great time with your new "RIDE", how sweet!! :shift:

I got good news today, no major problems with the car! The repainted panels appear to be mainly cosmetic, not due to accident damage. The front bumper cover has been repaired and repainted, but there aren't signs of any structural damage. The hanger on the remaining stock muffler was about to give way, so the other side may have let go and been the cause of the mis-matched repair.

The brakes and tires don't have a lot of life left, so I'll need to decide whether to replace them with stock parts or upgrade.

I am so happy that the car checks out! Next step will be to sign up on the registry, send for the Shelby ownership package and try to get the original paperwork from Hertz.

Archived