TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Autograph

The SGT/SC was delivered last week and I've been installing a few pieces that I picked-up along the way while waiting for its return from SAI. I'll have to say that the A/C bezel with the autograph of Mr. Shelby definitely finishes out the interior. I got it installed tonight and have attached a couple pics. If anyone is in need of an A/C vent bezel, ready to be autographed, send me a PM.

John

post-26281-126637890857_thumb.jpg

post-26281-126637890857_thumb.jpg

That is a really cool spot.

Is it easier to remove than the air bag cover? We have our sunvisor signed, but I would like a more visible signature.

It isn't hard to remove the air bag panel. You would have to down the car awhile or order a new panel and they are about $140. The steps are on here. Also it gets you a bigger signature. Rick

The A/C vents have a chrome bezel, while the vents are black. I removed my old SGT plate with fishing line - which took it off rather quickly and re-installed it with double-sided tape like the original.

You have to remove a few trim pieces from around the stereo, console and glove box. I took it to a friend's body shop and had them changed out. Most body shops, or Ford dealers can complete the change. I didn't care to tackle this project!

One thing I forgot to mention, I used some heavy, clear plastic to cover and protect the signature. I cut it out to match the angles of the area below the A/C vents where the signature is located. I cut the plastic long enough so that it fits under SGT plate about a 1/4 inch, which helps hold the protective cover in place.

That is a really cool spot.

Is it easier to remove than the air bag cover? We have our sunvisor signed, but I would like a more visible signature.

The air bag cover is probably easier to remove, but I was looking for a more "conservative" signature location than the air bag cover and thought that under the dash plate would be an appropriate location for me.

Looks really good.

Question-- Are the louvers on your A/C vents black? or does it just look that way in the pic? I have been looking for the black louvers to put on my SGT. I know they came in black on the GT-500. Wondering how hard they would be to change.

The vents just push in and have a clip on each side that holds them in when it is pushed in far enough. If you shine a light in there, you will see the arm or clip on each side. You'll have to put a small screwdriver in there to release the arms. Once released, the vent pulls right out.

I have a new A/C vent panel in front of me that I am going to swap. Looking at it, you have to remove the Air Bag to mount the A/C Panel in order to access the attaching screws. I have replaced the Air Bag cover before, so you might as well get both items taken care of at the same time

Installed the A/C vent. You have to remove the Glove box, Air bag cover, Instrument panel bezel, under steering wheel panel, and loosen the bolts that hold the radio panel. The A/C vent is attached by 4 bolts, so you have to remove all that to get it. took me about 45 minutes to remove and install.

Just disconnect the Airbag and your ok.

Archived