TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Brake cooling kit

I got the brake duct bezels with the PIAA fog lights for my 07 Shelby GT from Shelby but Shelby doesn't have the cooling hose kit in stock. I might as well make them functional cooling ducts since I'm drilling to put the bezels in. Does anyone know where else I could get them? Or when they should be in stock? :sos:

I got the brake duct bezels with the PIAA fog lights for my 07 Shelby GT from Shelby but Shelby doesn't have the cooling hose kit in stock. I might as well make them functional cooling ducts since I'm drilling to put the bezels in. Does anyone know where else I could get them? Or when they should be in stock? :sos:

FRPP has a brake cooling kit that has the hose and the backing plates that the hose attaches to, but from what I've heard, their hose is not the right size to fit on the SHELBY kit....so, I dunno....

No one makes a hose/backing plate kit that will adapt to the SPP bezels. I've been searching for a year.

And when SPP says that the other half of the kit is 'out of stock', they mean that it's never been produced and apparently never will be produced.

Ken

No one makes a hose/backing plate kit that will adapt to the SPP bezels. I've been searching for a year.

And when SPP says that the other half of the kit is 'out of stock', they mean that it's never been produced and apparently never will be produced.

Ken

Then why would they have them on the site for sale? I've also seen guys with them on their cars. :headscratch:

Then why would they have them on the site for sale? I've also seen guys with them on their cars. headscratch.gif

You've seen brake kits with SPP built hoses installed? I haven't.

Why would they have them for sale on their site is a super question, one I can't answer. They've been for sale on the site for 2 years. The last excuse I got from SPP was that the hoses they had tested were melting at track temps and not to expect anything for a long time, if ever.

Ken

You've seen brake kits with SPP built hoses installed? I haven't.

Why would they have them for sale on their site is a super question, one I can't answer. They've been for sale on the site for 2 years. The last excuse I got from SPP was that the hoses they had tested were melting at track temps and not to expect anything for a long time, if ever.

Ken

I have a picture with a guy that has them installed. Ill get that up later on. But I don't understand how they wouldn't be able to make these. If they keep melting under extreme heat why don't they use a different material for the hoses? I'm sure they could figure this out, they can build world class race cars but they can't manufacture functional brake cooling hoses? :banghead: Frustrating Indeed. :nonono:

The brake ducts are a mod shop installed item, only. I have had mine on my car since the bezels have been on the market and have had zero problems ( including on the track )

Chris

Well, if they exist(ed), it seems to me that someone at Shelby should be able to say where they were sourced, and get some more, or at least say where, so those in need could get some on their own.

Race cars with ducted brakes are built daily. What do their makers use? Pegasus Auto Racing sells high-temp silicone (and neoprene) ducting hose in 2, 2.5, 3, 4, and 5-inch inside diameters, up to 12 feet long.

What is it about the required hoses that renders them so rare and non-adaptable to the SGT configuration? If the fit and the material came together once, for Chris' car, why not again? Can't be cost; that's clearly no impediment in this crowd.

Well, if they exist(ed), it seems to me that someone at Shelby should be able to say where they were sourced, and get some more, or at least say where, so those in need could get some on their own.

Race cars with ducted brakes are built daily. What do their makers use? Pegasus Auto Racing sells high-temp silicone (and neoprene) ducting hose in 2, 2.5, 3, 4, and 5-inch inside diameters, up to 12 feet long.

What is it about the required hoses that renders them so rare and non-adaptable to the SGT configuration? If the fit and the material came together once, for Chris' car, why not again? Can't be cost; that's clearly no impediment in this crowd.

Hey Frank,

As I stated above, anyone can get the brake ducts installed that wants them, you just have to take your car to SAI, Quantum, Tasca, or SHM to get them done. They otherwise are not for sale, as a kit. They are custom fabricated on a per job basis only. My car is not the only car with them, I know of around half a dozen cars that have them, some done before mine, some after.

Chris

Hey Frank,

As I stated above, anyone can get the brake ducts installed that wants them, you just have to take your car to SAI, Quantum, Tasca, or SHM to get them done. They otherwise are not for sale, as a kit. They are custom fabricated on a per job basis only. My car is not the only car with them, I know of around half a dozen cars that have them, some done before mine, some after.

Chris

Well Im in New Jersey here so thats a bit too far of a drive for me. Is there any way they could ship a kit to me? I go to a shop out here which is extremely reputable and they know what they're doing. They work on Ford GT's, Cobra's. race cars etc. I'm installing the bezels within the next few weeks but want to make the brake cooling ducts functional. Let me know.

Hey Frank,

Chris

Hey, Chris,

I understand that the answer to "Can you order and install an SPP brake duct kit on your SGT?" is "No, nyah nyah neener neener".

I'm wondering about the answer to my question (which I believe is implied in Ken's post and pretty clearly set out in mine): "What is it about the required hoses that renders them so rare and non-adaptable to the SGT configuration?"

As usual Frank has the hot ticket! Thanks.

As usual Frank has the hot ticket! Thanks.

I was looking at that site with the cooling hoses. What size hose would I need to hook it up to the shelby bezel on my SGT?

I also need a bracket to mount the hose to the brakes which is included in the SPP package that is "non existent" :rant:

Just spoke to a rep. from the Shelby Store. This was his response...

"We are getting a new manufacturer for that kit as we speak and should have it very soon. Keep checking Shelbystore.com and as soon as we have it in it will be online there."

I have my fingers crossed! Looks like this problem might finally be resolved! :woot:

I haven't done any deep research, but a quick look shows several kits out there that should work with the Shelby bezels. What's wrong with them? I like the Agent 47 kit, and Quantum Motorsports and Steeda has one, too. Do these have issues that I haven't read about yet? Brake ducting isn't new, and shouldn't have to be reinvented. I'm thinking of making my own connection from the hose to the stock block off plates, but opening the mesh up and fabricating a funnel behind them. Whatchya think?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my cooling brake kit today. sans the hoses and functional part. So just the bezels, and the driving lights. I guess I expected some sort of instruction as to how to install these things. The lights don't even fit in the holes so I guess they sit behind the bezel facia? I am looking at this sorta confused as to how to proceed. Anyone have some close up pics they might like to share? I may have to drive the Car to Vegas and have them do it? Seriously confused. Also I ordered a small billet brill to match but it didn't show up with the order and I don't know if they have it on back order or what?

Archived