TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th Revision - The new revised Clutch TSB 10-3-8

Grabber

Just wanted to update to all that after 6 years and 21K on the 4th Gen 2010 TSB 10-3-8 setup my clutch is still awesome.

No slippage, smooth take-up and most importantly NO CHATTER! As far as I am concerned the switch to the 2010 organic materials and the better flywheel fixed what was the only real disappointing aspect to the experience of owning this car. I have a good friend that just purchased a used 2007 Gt500 with 10K on the clock and he messaged me today after taking delivery yesterday about clutch chatter. I referred him to this thread and we'll see if we can get him sorted too.

Special thanks to Grabber and all those that helped us all along the way with the final resolution on this issue. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. Maybe it's even time for a few upgrades from stock to keep up with those new Mustang GT's and their newfangled coyote engines!

M81

• 1 month later...

I am considering having my 07 GT500 clutch done under TSB 10-3-8. Well that is if I can find a qualified mechanic or shop in the Dallas TX area. If anyone out there knows of , or can point me in the right direction it will be appreciated.

Question is, is the TSB 10-3-8 current or is there another revision?

My first clutch started slipping at 23K miles and not knowing of the TSB I took the 500 to the local FORD dealer. Apparently they did not know of the TSB or possibly they did not care, which I think is more likely the case.

After 3 days and $3122, they did the repair and supposedly used part #7R3Z*7L596*A, "clutch kit". They did not replace the flywheel, which seems to be a serious issue.

It took they 3 days, since I called an ask why so long and was advised they had to remove the transmission. NO Kidding?

• 2 weeks later...

I just experienced the dreaded clutch slipping this weekend. My car is a 2007 with 46,000 miles on it. It had the original transmission, clutch, flywheel etc. replaced under warranty at 5000 miles due to the TSB or recall back when the car was about a year old.. This clutch has lasted 41,000 miles which it sounds like is pretty good, although it seems crazy for a car that has seen mostly highway miles and has never been raced or abused in any way.

So, my question is, what clutch kit have people used that they are happy with? I'm assuming aftermarket performance brand is the way to go rather than a stock Ford part?

If anybody has some recommendations they can make it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

I just experienced the dreaded clutch slipping this weekend. My car is a 2007 with 46,000 miles on it. It had the original transmission, clutch, flywheel etc. replaced under warranty at 5000 miles due to the TSB or recall back when the car was about a year old.. This clutch has lasted 41,000 miles which it sounds like is pretty good, although it seems crazy for a car that has seen mostly highway miles and has never been raced or abused in any way.

So, my question is, what clutch kit have people used that they are happy with? I'm assuming aftermarket performance brand is the way to go rather than a stock Ford part?

If anybody has some recommendations they can make it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

My factory replacement at 11.000 miles lasted 39,000 with some track and hard driving. In stalled mcleod Rxt dual plus new hydraulic kit

• 2 months later...

I am having this same issue too! I bought my '08 GT5 in June 2012 with 13,500 miles on it and it now has 28,000 miles.

I am very disappointed, to put it mildly, as the clutch was replaced just before I bought it and this second one only lasted 14500 miles!! So, I get the feeling that they replaced it with the exact same clutch, not the 2010 clutch.

Of course, the service department at Dean Sellers Ford, who replaced the first bad clutch and sold the car to me, says its normal wear and Ford Customer Care says sorry, can't help you.

My thought/query is: Can I find out if they followed the TSB correctly or not. IF I can finf out and IF they did not follow the procedure correctly (incorrect part nos.), can I demand that they redo it after such a long period of time. Do i have any hope or am I doomed!!!! I do not have the money to replace the clutch at this time!!!! My wife is gonna kill me when she finds out, IF she finds out.

Any advice you all can provide is greatly appreciated .