TEAM SHELBY FORUM

275s on the front

PaulW

Hi,

Has anyone installed 275s on the front yet. I think with the proper wheel offset they would fit but I wondered if anyone has tried it yet. In the spring I may swap to 275 35 20 on the front with 305 30 20 on the rear. I'm pretty sure it won't work with the Alcoa wheels as they don't have the proper backspacing but my wheels have 10mm less so they're tucked in just a bit which should give me the added clearance that I need. I'll have to measure to be certain. The 275 on the front would have an additional 7mm of sidewall height and 10mm of width so I won't need much additional clearance to fit them.

thanks

Hi,

Has anyone installed 275s on the front yet. I think with the proper wheel offset they would fit but I wondered if anyone has tried it yet. In the spring I may swap to 275 35 20 on the front with 305 30 20 on the rear. I'm pretty sure it won't work with the Alcoa wheels as they don't have the proper backspacing but my wheels have 10mm less so they're tucked in just a bit which should give me the added clearance that I need. I'll have to measure to be certain. The 275 on the front would have an additional 7mm of sidewall height and 10mm of width so I won't need much additional clearance to fit them.

thanks

I have the Alcoa 20x9's in the front and 20x10's in the rear. I have Nitto 555R 305/35/20's on the rear and Nitto 555 275/35/20 on the front. I haven't had any issues with them fitting. They actually fit in the wheel well really nice. I think they look great. To me it is a way better fit than the 18's but that is a matter of preference I suppose. The Nitto's grab really nice especially if you get any engine work done to boost the RWHP which I did. The ride is actually surprisingly nice as well. To be honest I was concerned about the steering/cornering with the big wheels/tires up front but 1 drive put that to rest. It handles great.

The only issue I did encounter with the bigger setup was with the Baer Brake kit and the front brake cooling kit that comes in the trunk. I had the kit installed first and when I got the wheels and the Baer's put on, the part of the kit that connected to the back of the brake didn't fit perfectly and required a little bit of work but after about 20 minutes they had it taken care of.

Hope this helps. I really mean it when I say the car looks great with the new setup. Not just because it's mine but I liked the look when I first saw the concept vehicle. I just like the "full" look of the wheel well. I have a few links on my profile page taht bring you first to the engine mods and then to the wheel/brake/tire switch. You can see the before and after if you want to take a look. Good luck with your car!

Dino

Archived