TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have a VIN number for a 2011 GT500!

Michael Morris

I was told on Friday that out of 1600 or so select dealer that I was 520th to get an GT500 in 2011?

I know there CANT be 500 Ford select dealers ahead of me in Mustang and GT500 sales!! My AWESOME Zone Mgr said she would go to bat for me and ask about it.

Well this morning Im looking to see if any of the 2011 GTs that are going to be converted have been Submitted to plant. To my SURPRISE Ford submitted a 2011 GT500!!!

I have a VIN number for it already!

Heres whats been order. Its NOT sold! SO please let me know if anyone is interested in it!

Ingot Silver

SVT Performance Package

Glass Roof

Red and Black stripe

Electronics Package

Shelby Car Cover

MSRP is $57700.

Kinda excited!!!!

MM

mike

thats incredible ....... any eta as of yet ?

I was told on Friday that out of 1600 or so select dealer that I was 520th to get an GT500 in 2011?

I know there CANT be 500 Ford select dealers ahead of me in Mustang and GT500 sales!! My AWESOME Zone Mgr said she would go to bat for me and ask about it.

Well this morning Im looking to see if any of the 2011 GTs that are going to be converted have been Submitted to plant. To my SURPRISE Ford submitted a 2011 GT500!!!

I have a VIN number for it already!

Heres whats been order. Its NOT sold! SO please let me know if anyone is interested in it!

Ingot Silver

SVT Performance Package

Glass Roof

Red and Black stripe

Electronics Package

Shelby Car Cover

MSRP is $57700.

Kinda excited!!!!

MM

Can you show us the Vin# so we can view it on line? Thanks.......

I am not understanding how this works at all with alocations and VINs and so on.

I am happy for you but frustrated for me haha

I am thinking my dealer is not so excited to deal with me because I am trading my car in which perhaps they are not looking forward to keeping it on their lot :(

I really want to trade to local dealer for sale due to tax advantages and also without the hassle of selling myself or the lag time of not owning a car. Also I do not hold the title which makes it harder to sell my self

Well my first post, I have been lurking for a year. Well after 20 years of Camaro ownership I have decided to get behind the wheel of a Mustang. The entire allocation and dealers only getting one car is new to me. So here is my story. My local dealer has been getting 2 GT 500's every year and has been offered more, but we are in a small farm town and trucks sell best. The dealer already has a car ordered and my order is the second one they submitted. What are my chances of actually getting a car? I can have the first allocation at 3 other local dealers but they are not budging off MSRP. My dealer will. I guess if I dont get one I will be number one in 2012?

Sounds like scheduling went as planned on 2-12, so job 1 may still be march 15? we may see them trickling in around the end of april/ first of may , does that sounds right?

I think you are close. It all depends on when Ford and AA releases the cars. If they find a problem they will NOT ship them until they are ready!

MM

I think you are close. It all depends on when Ford and AA releases the cars. If they find a problem they will NOT ship them until they are ready!

MM

I'm sure a lot of 2010 owners will tell you that is the truth. They sat on cars forever last year.

This is where it gets frustrating. No offense to you MM, happy for you and you absolutely deserve this initial allocation!!! Your order is for stock (though I'm certain you'll have it sold before she arrives) while my dealer is sitting with a retail order...his is already sold. Talked to him this morning after seeing your initial post, still nothing. No allocation yet. Again, no offense....just venting angry2.gif

From what I understand Ford is NOT submitting any RETAIL orders at first! I have 8 retail orders for GTs that they have put off a few weeks.

Let me try to help explain why they are doing this!

AA will start building cars BEFORE they are approved for sale! They will build them and then STORE them! So if a car is built in the first week it goes into the lot. Cars are then built AFTER that car and stored with it. They DO NOT do first in first out! So a car built in the first week might not SHIP until a car built after the 5th week! So my GT500 might get built and then stored. Your car is built the 3rd week in of April. Because of some unforseen problem the cars DONT ship! They get the problem fixed. Cars start shipping. Your car beats mine to the lot by a MONTH!

Now if this happens your thanking Ford for not building your car early! This happens ALOT!!! In 2005 we got a Mustang before most dealer in the state! It was PURE luck. Our car was 2nd or 3rd MONTH production, but the cars were held. So when the approved for shipping our car was first out!!

So please dont get bothered. Its might be the best thing for you car to be produced a few weeks later!!

MM

I know there CANT be 500 Ford select dealers ahead of me in Mustang and GT500 sales!!

Hi Michael,

I can't speak to the regular Mustang sales...but as far as the GT500 - You're in a pack of about 20 Top dealers that have had about 10-15 GT500's last year. Definitely not 500 dealers in front of you! LOL

14 cars passed through your dealership last year according to my database. 8 from other dealers and 6 for your dealership. Does that sound right?

FYI : The leader by a huge margin is Galpin Ford in North Hills, California. They got 37 GT500's for 2010! Wow.

I am not understanding how this works at all with alocations and VINs and so on.

I am happy for you but frustrated for me haha

I am thinking my dealer is not so excited to deal with me because I am trading my car in which perhaps they are not looking forward to keeping it on their lot :(

I really want to trade to local dealer for sale due to tax advantages and also without the hassle of selling myself or the lag time of not owning a car. Also I do not hold the title which makes it harder to sell my self

Chuck, I know exactly what you mean. I ordered mine today and it's frustrating as all hell and confusing to boot. My dealer explained that there's a weekly release of allocations, and that they are "middle of the pack" in the Chicago region and can't say when the VIN will be assigned yet. But they tell me I WILL get the car, I just need to be patient. They showed me a report they run on order-outs. Several had VIN's (there were various vehicles, no GT500s) and several had no VIN and said "clean".

They said as soon as the order is "accepted" and a VIN is assigned, they will notify me. They said it could be 2 months before I know the VIN or it could be two weeks. (!)

I was told I should be prepared to wait at least until late May or early June to see the car.

My confirmation is as follows:

(retail and dealer prices listed)

P8J Shelby Coupe $48,645.00 $43,999.00

L6 Kona Blue

6 SOHO Leather

X CHAR/BLK BLK

820A SHKR 500 Audio

99S 5.4L SC 4V V8

44E 6 SPD MAN TRANS

425 50 ST EMISS

59G GLASS ROOF $1995.00 $1736.00

67F SVT PERFOR PKG $3495.00 $3041.00

.OTT STRIPE DELETE

Fuel Charge $43.68

FDAF ASSESSMENT $450.00

DEST AND DELV $850

BASE AND OPTIONS: $54985.00 $50,119.68

Services Fee $194.00

Less DISCOUNT: -4465.32

Cash Price: $50713.68

Sales Tax $2839.97

MV11 (DMV) $99.00

Deposit: $500.00

Due on delivery: $53,152.65

I think I got a pretty damn good deal. As for the glass roof, I see a lot of negative comments on another site about that. To which I respond, it's my car, ordered how I want it, and I have seen glass roof cars up close, and it's an awesome feature. Those who do not want one, you have the choice of course not to order it.

Now the wait begins. Like I said to Mark, my friend who's family owns the dealership- "I'll believe it when I have the keys in my hand"

Sweet, so you ordered a Kona blue stripe delete with the SVT Package!?

YES! And that was interesting... When he entered it initially, he says "You already have "stripe delete" by default when you order this SVT Package"

I told him that's because they include different stripes with that package, and I don't want ANY stripes on the car. He said that if this was not an option, the order system would not "take' that selection. He said it was accepted. I'm hoping it goes thru. We played with the system, trying things we knew were ot "allowed" like you can't get Shaker 1000 with the electronics package. It would reject the selection. It didn't reject the stripe delete.

To toss another confusing issue into the ring here, they said in addition to "allocation" there is "commodity"

Apparently there can be an allocation but certain options may not be availaible at any given time for example the glass roof option. Maybe one of these guys can explain this better? I aksed what hapens then and he said "We call you ask if you still want the car"

I guess some of these options are limited??

Chuck, I know exactly what you mean. I ordered mine today and it's frustrating as all hell and confusing to boot. My dealer explained that there's a weekly release of allocations, and that they are "middle of the pack" in the Chicago region and can't say when the VIN will be assigned yet. But they tell me I WILL get the car, I just need to be patient. They showed me a report they run on order-outs. Several had VIN's (there were various vehicles, no GT500s) and several had no VIN and said "clean".

They said as soon as the order is "accepted" and a VIN is assigned, they will notify me. They said it could be 2 months before I know the VIN or it could be two weeks. (!)

I was told I should be prepared to wait at least until late May or early June to see the car.

My confirmation is as follows:

(retail and dealer prices listed)

P8J Shelby Coupe $48,645.00 $43,999.00

L6 Kona Blue

6 SOHO Leather

X CHAR/BLK BLK

820A SHKR 500 Audio

99S 5.4L SC 4V V8

44E 6 SPD MAN TRANS

425 50 ST EMISS

59G GLASS ROOF $1995.00 $1736.00

67F SVT PERFOR PKG $3495.00 $3041.00

.OTT STRIPE DELETE

Fuel Charge $43.68

FDAF ASSESSMENT $450.00

DEST AND DELV $850

BASE AND OPTIONS: $54985.00 $50,119.68

Services Fee $194.00

Less DISCOUNT: -4465.32

Cash Price: $50713.68

Sales Tax $2839.97

MV11 (DMV) $99.00

Deposit: $500.00

Due on delivery: $53,152.65

I think I got a pretty damn good deal. As for the glass roof, I see a lot of negative comments on another site about that. To which I respond, it's my car, ordered how I want it, and I have seen glass roof cars up close, and it's an awesome feature. Those who do not want one, you have the choice of course not to order it.

Now the wait begins. Like I said to Mark, my friend who's family owns the dealership- "I'll believe it when I have the keys in my hand"

+1- good luck-

+1- good luck-

Thanks... This is a different situation for me. I've never ordered a new car before. With my current '08 It was originally priced at $60,000 and I waited and waited for the price to come down. Almost 2 years. This time I don't have to wait. And I'm not paying any stupid markup for the privilege to get the car early in production.

Thanks... This is a different situation for me. I've never ordered a new car before. With my current '08 It was originally priced at $60,000 and I waited and waited for the price to come down. Almost 2 years. This time I don't have to wait. And I'm not paying any stupid markup for the privilege to get the car early in production.

I wonder if you will have to wait as Ford just laidoff 900 at the plant the Mustang is made. Hope it doesen`t have an effect on anyone`s order.

Hi Guys,

FYI, I got my 2011 GT500 w/svt VIN yesterday, the tape also states 02/15 SUB TO PLANT.

My VIN is about a hundred or so after the one we saw earlier in this thread.

BTW, this is for a Canadian car.

happy%20feet.gif

That's cool Ricky, congrats!! I bet you're all geeked-up with anticipation.

I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best.

I wonder if you will have to wait as Ford just laidoff 900 at the plant the Mustang is made. Hope it doesen`t have an effect on anyone`s order.

Me either. But... I figure a guy can have worse problems than having to wait for a new car to be built.

I feel terrible for those people that are being laid off. You would think we'd be helping them out here by ordering product that they can in turn build and earn a living.

On the commodity issue

ALL cars have commodity issues! Sometimes its wheels or DVD players. Ford can only build with the parts that they cant get.

For example. Ford plans on building 5K GT500 with 20% glass roof option. So they talk to the supplier and have them build 1000 Glass Roofs. So if the supplier gets to running behind the GT500s with glass roof options are not built and cars without the glass roofs are pulled. This could happen with the SVT package as well.

Im pretty sure its going to happen with folks ordering cars to be used as GT350s. Ford is only going to build so many with 3.73 gears! GT500 with SVT and GTs with Trac Pack. Then the rest will go into special ordered cars!s

MM

Hi Guys,

FYI, I got my 2011 GT500 w/svt VIN yesterday, the tape also states 02/15 SUB TO PLANT.

My VIN is about a hundred or so after the one we saw earlier in this thread.

BTW, this is for a Canadian car.

happy%20feet.gif

Congrats on your 2011 GT 500 and welcome to this wonderful site....If you have any questions concerning your GT 500 do not hesitate to contact me....

Thanks,

Alexander

Shelby American Registrar Gt 500

Archived