TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery Spec on 2010 GT500 - Amp Hour Rating?

SVT NAJA

I went to www.fordparts.com and looked it up.

Catalog Results / 2010 Ford Mustang / Part DetailsPrint

Part Name: Battery

Manufactured By: Motorcraft

Part Description: Tested Tough Plus - 18 Month Free Replacement, 84 Month Total Warranty; CCA: 590, OE CCA: 500

Part Number: BXL-96-R

That is what they said is in the GT500 for MY2010

I will double check when I get home.

If it takes a 96R I am guessing a 40R will fit too (based on Interstate Battery crosscheck)

I would love to find a Die Hard Platinum (rebadged Odyssey) that would fit. I shoehorned a group 34/78 into my 2004 Cobra and that battery spun the starter like it was on steriods vs. the puny group 58/59 that was in there.

• 6 months later...

Part Name: Battery

Manufactured By: Motorcraft

Part Description: Tested Tough Plus - 18 Month Free Replacement, 84 Month Total Warranty; CCA: 590, OE CCA: 500

Part Number: BXL-96-R

That is what they said is in the GT500 for MY2010

I will double check when I get home.

If it takes a 96R I am guessing a 40R will fit too (based on Interstate Battery crosscheck)

My 2007 GT500 came with a BXT-40R. The BXT-96R is shorter in length and the battery insulator would have gaps on the sides; otherwise the 96R has the essentially the same ratings are the 40R.

I wish there was a Diehard Platinum that would fit in these cars.

I've put a DHP in 04 Cobra, 05 Viper, SVT Raptor and FX35. The are great batteries (rebadged Odyssey) and made by Enersys.

After getting corrosion on my negative battery terminal, I'd like to ultimately replace my OEM battery with a sealed AGM type. IMO the D35 Optimas are too tall; the terminal comes too close to the hood for my comfort. Perhaps the Odyssey PC1200 will fit with enough clearance, but I haven't come across any posts from anyone who has installed one in the stock location.

Archived