TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Hood

stillmy428

Well i got the appoval off the boss to change hoods.I know some of you have changed them and was wanting some input on which one worked out well.As per fit and not lifting at speed.I am leaning towards Cervini's Ram Air Type IV with billet inserts.Also the ram air kit.

I like the Cervine hood & they say they make a quality hood.

I like the Cervine hood & they say they make a quality hood. I have a trufiber it is a terrable hood it gets wavey and low places come in it after it is on for a while I ran it a year and had it redone by experts it still changes after it is on the car for awhile it fits great is the only good thing about it this is the 3rd gen. hood I was told that the 3rd. gen. hood would not do this but it does . trufiber will not stand behind this they blame the body shop the 1st body shop builds fiberglass street rods all the time they said poor built hood when it is first done looks great after heat from motor and sun it gets low places again . 428cj

Well i got the appoval off the boss to change hoods.I know some of you have changed them and was wanting some input on which one worked out well.As per fit and not lifting at speed.I am leaning towards Cervini's Ram Air Type IV with billet inserts.Also the ram air kit.

Here's the one I went with. I haven't had it finished yet so I can't give you too much info but my investgations on hood quality led me to this one.

http://suncoastramairhoods.com/07-09-mustang-gt500/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-ramair-hood-24010.html

Keep it stock looking and put the money under the hood, not in the hood!

I'd like to do that but if I decide to step up to a KB I'd be lowering the motor and notching the hood not a real end of the world type situation, but if I going to step up I'd probably go bigger that the 2.8 so I'd have to either go with what folks like JLT are offering or go with a cowl hood. I personally like the man racer hood but I don't think its out there to be bought right now. Also I don't know if a man racer style hood would have enough rise to allow a bigger bodied SC to fit under it, it may be a stock style hood with a different airvent setup. So the options right now are kinda limited I don't necessarily want to have a KR or SS style hood on my car they look nice but I would prefer a stock look or if I did go after market something that is different from what you are already seeing around.

Hi

I have to agree with the early post. I have a trufiber venom hood on my GT500. They are extremely helpful when you are thinking about buying one. Once you buy one they really don't want to help you. The fitment was not good at all. The center line had to be fixed. Had to adjust one quater panel out. Worst was had to be shimed pretty good to get hood to latch. That was after I adjusted the hood latch up. I was told some BS about lines aren't going to be perfect like stock metal hood. I told him I understood that, but I expected them to be decent.

Archived