TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension

09schwarzecobra

Yes, it all depends on your goals.

Street only- FRPP springs and a upper control arm to stop wheel hop

Street and track - add lower control arms and relocation brackets

Track and some street- add FRPP handling package

We can set you up with any of this. If you are interested, please give us a call or email to get a price quote. We have FRPP and Metco suspension product as well as others

Thanks

Jay

I think it all depends on what your goal is. If you simply want to lower the car take a look at the thread titled "FRPP Lowering Springs". If your intentions are to improve handling it would require a bit more work.

I don't just want to make it lower I want to improve the handling...but i don't want a setup that is to advance...so I'm going to say street with better handling to get rid of wheel hop

I don't just want to make it lower I want to improve the handling...but i don't want a setup that is to advance...so I'm going to say street with better handling to get rid of wheel hop

I no kidding just did the springs last week. It looks much better. I took a drive out on 49 and 120 yesterday and drove the p!ss out of it and I was actually kind of surprised how much better it handled with just the springs. So, it's not a track car by any means, but I could definitely tell that I had more "communication" with the wheel, and there was way less body roll. It sounds like springs and maybe LCA's and UCA's are right up your alley. Make sure you get an adjustable panhard bar for the rear end and either camber bolts, or camber/caster plates for the front end so everything aligns within spec.

Hope this helps,

Gabe

• 3 weeks later...

I no kidding just did the springs last week. It looks much better. I took a drive out on 49 and 120 yesterday and drove the p!ss out of it and I was actually kind of surprised how much better it handled with just the springs. So, it's not a track car by any means, but I could definitely tell that I had more "communication" with the wheel, and there was way less body roll. It sounds like springs and maybe LCA's and UCA's are right up your alley. Make sure you get an adjustable panhard bar for the rear end and either camber bolts, or camber/caster plates for the front end so everything aligns within spec.

Hope this helps,

Gabe

I went with Maximummotorsports LCA Steeda UCA 3rd link and kw Variant 3 coil overs

Archived