TEAM SHELBY FORUM

take off brembo breaks

timbarna

will the take off brembo breaks, mount rite up to the mustang GT? or do i need additional brackets?

I don't know about the breaks, but the "brakes" will fit fine...replace the backing plates, rotors and bolt on the calipers and brake lines and your done...I replaced the stock brake lines with Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear when I made my switch...

Sorry, but I'm kind of a smart a** about spelling...LOL

Carl

Most guys use the backing plates on their new set ups, so take offs usually do not come with them. You can get them straight through Ford however. That is what I did. I think they were pretty cheap. Just make sure you get them for the GT500.

Most guys use the backing plates on their new set ups, so take offs usually do not come with them. You can get them straight through Ford however. That is what I did. I think they were pretty cheap. Just make sure you get them for the GT500.

aightthx

lol.. replace the backing plates.... would those come with someones take offs? or is that per seller?

depends on whether or not the seller had new backing plates installed that accomodate brake cooling ducts or not...My kit came with the new GT500 backing plates because someone did a SS conversion and got the ducts on their GT500...or if they don't come with them, you can get them from the Ford dealer for a fairly decent price...

Archived