TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Georgian (the country) luger dies during Olympic trials secession..

You better hurry before NBC pulls the video. Several copies of the moment have been pulled already, and the local news won't show it in it's entirity. The footage is graphic but thank goodness it's not gory or bloody. A nasty accident for sure.

http://www.nbcolympi...rash+from+start

RIP Nodar. salute.gif

I saw this tonight on NBC news. To be honest, I was shocked...not by what happened but fact that NBC was actually showing it. All I could think about was that was someone's son, brother, uncle, etc....still don't understand why it had to be shown as it was....guess that's just me, but it is sad and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones..........Craig

A tragic accident. God bless his soul. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones.

PS: A little early to say for sure... but it does appear the "containment" wall should have been taller. I hope Olympic authorities don't rush to re-open the course if there is a flaw that needs to be corrected.

Very sad indeed. We will be praying for him and his family.

From looking at it in slowMo looks like he lost it as he was getting out of the long bank.when the sled came down and got on the level again looks like the sled dug in and through him off. I hope the officials look at it in slowMo . Maybe a safety hamack down that side where the beems are could of saved his life. At least it would of keeped him from hitting the steel Beems.

Very sad God bless Him and his Family throught this time.

I saw this tonight on NBC news. To be honest, I was shocked...not by what happened but fact that NBC was actually showing it. All I could think about was that was someone's son, brother, uncle, etc....still don't understand why it had to be shown as it was....guess that's just me, but it is sad and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones..........Craig

Some people will argue "censorship", and I happen to agree. Before the video, did they give a warning? At that time, the TV could have been turned to a different channel. And to be honest, after 9/11, nothing on TV bothers me anymore. I want to have a choice as to whether i'll watch something, or not. I don't want others making that decision for me.

RIP Mr. Nodar Kumaritashvili

Some people will argue "censorship", and I happen to agree. Before the video, did they give a warning? At that time, the TV could have been turned to a different channel. And to be honest, after 9/11, nothing on TV bothers me anymore. I want to have a choice as to whether i'll watch something, or not. I don't want others making that decision for me.

RIP Mr. Nodar Kumaritashvili

not sure about the warning as I walked into the room as the actual report started. I am sure they probably did. I was not referring to the accident itself w/ what is shown on the above link and I agree with you on the "censorship" to a point. I was referring to the shot on NBC where they had a close up shot of his blood covered face w/ oxygen and chest pumps. JMO, but that was probably more than some would want to see. I am sure the family has some reservations about this. RIP

not sure about the warning as I walked into the room as the actual report started. I am sure they probably did. I was not referring to the accident itself w/ what is shown on the above link and I agree with you on the "censorship" to a point. I was referring to the shot on NBC where they had a close up shot of his blood covered face w/ oxygen and chest pumps. JMO, but that was probably more than some would want to see. I am sure the family has some reservations about this. RIP

I understand where you're coming from. If I were a photographer, that's one picture i'd opt not to take. On the same token however, some of the worlds most famous pictures focus around death. (JFK assassination/Nguyen Van Lem killing...etc)

It's funny how human nature acts/reacts to stuff. Take a look at the news, it's mostly about bad things. Why? Because it "sells". If everyone disapproved, then no one would watch the news. If you listen to the song "Vicarious" by TOOL, it pretty much sums it up.

Not to derail the main purpose of this thread. We did lose a young soul to an avoidable accident. RIP Mr. Kumaritashvili

Archived