TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 gt500 options

Left_Ya_Shook

hello, im looking into a 2010 gt500 and im just curious about some packages, i have the HID package on my 08 but im not sure if that its worth the money to get them? also whats a good deal on a 2010 coupe gt500? lastly are their any issues with the 2010 like the 07-09 had?

Thanks,

kyle

Ambient is standard.

They are standard, the one thing I hate aobut the lighting on the car is, no matter what you do with your gauges and your ambients, the LED's on the Nav, Steering wheel and door locks stay the same pale blue, they could have made it so you can change them tto, unless I missed that lol. I just leave all my lights blue

the HIDs are positioned differntly than the std lights--thery are inside the side markers so give a "cobra" look,plus they work real well for $500.As to a deal, from recent posters it looks like 1-2k over invoice is good.Dont wait too long, if the 2011s run into the same issues the 2010s did at the start,invnetory will drop and prices will rise--so if you find a car you like,buy it.To me it looks like Ford must be making a deal with the dealers to pay for "floorplanning" the Shelbys,not charging them for sitting on the lot.I could be way wrong, but some dealers have over 10 cars on thelot in the last month.So get the best deal, and get the car--they are really great cars

i have the HID package on my 08 but im not sure if that its worth the money to get them?

I would definitely get the HID lights on your 2010. I was initially on the fence about getting a car with them, but within a week I was 100% glad that I got them. The look and the light that they produce just fit so well with the refined, upscale 2010 car.

okay thanks for all the information so far.. i actually found agood deal on a 2010, it doesnt have the HID lights though but it has the shaker 1000. i was wondering if i could buy the HID headlights and would they plug in and work or would it be a wirering nightmare?

The HID setup would probably cost you a arm and a leg, as you would need the housing/lens, ballasts and whatever connectors/wireing is different, plus any mounting brackets etc. that there might be. i would bet it would cost way more than the 500$ that Ford charges for the option.

Just the look of the lenses alone gives the car such a different look. IMHO, I would not buy a 2010 without the HID's.

I was out at my local dealer today finding out how many 2011 allocations they'd be getting, while there I was looking at a very nice looking Kona Blue with Silver stripes with the HID. I got to thinking with the 2010+'s are you able to turn on the parking lights only and also turn on the fog lights at the same time? I think this is a killer look going down the road and enjoyed it on my 97 Cobra. Anyone have pics?

I guess I'm the odd man out ,but I don't like the look of the car with the HIDs. I was so happy to find one with NAV and No HID. I think the car looks more correct with the parking lights on the inside. As far as deals on the 2010, I Paid well under Msrp on mine about three weeks ago.

The HID setup would probably cost you a arm and a leg, as you would need the housing/lens, ballasts and whatever connectors/wireing is different, plus any mounting brackets etc. that there might be. i would bet it would cost way more than the 500$ that Ford charges for the option.

Just the look of the lenses alone gives the car such a different look. IMHO, I would not buy a 2010 without the HID's.

if my memory sreves me right, that questioin came up in the begiining when HIDs were on hold, and one of the memebers cehcked a dealer and it would cost 2K to put them on.Apparently you have to move the lights around,need new "cans" to hold the lights etc

Man, the Fog light HID retrofit is definately on my list of "Have To" mods, that looks great, what bulb type do they use?

Those are the kit from HIDGUY.NET. In order to make the HIDs work they need to have ballasts, and all is included in the package. It is TRULY plug and play, a very simple install. DO NOT go any hotter or higher than 5K, or you risk burning the reflectors due to too much heat, and they will "bubble".

Those are the kit from HIDGUY.NET. In order to make the HIDs work they need to have ballasts, and all is included in the package. It is TRULY plug and play, a very simple install. DO NOT go any hotter or higher than 5K, or you risk burning the reflectors due to too much heat, and they will "bubble".

Can you explain how that works?

How is a higher color temperature bulb vs. a lower temp (in Kelvin) bulb going to damage a lamp housing?

If the HID lamp is getting 35 watts (assuming it's a 35 watt kit), aren't all of the bulbs/etc going to dissipate 35 watts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

Can you explain how that works?

How is a higher color temperature bulb vs. a lower temp (in Kelvin) bulb going to damage a lamp housing?

If the HID lamp is getting 35 watts (assuming it's a 35 watt kit), aren't all of the bulbs/etc going to dissipate 35 watts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

+1---the problem is that the HID bulb is twice the size of a standard bulb and are therefor closer to the plastic lens thats in the housing--thats why they melt Im pretty sure

+1---the problem is that the HID bulb is twice the size of a standard bulb and are therefor closer to the plastic lens thats in the housing--thats why they melt Im pretty sure

I'm pretty sure these LED bulbs are going to work and you don't have to worry about them melting the housing. On the Camaro I think it was like 86 degrees tops. I'm talking to the company right now to see if they'll send me one to test.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/5202ledbulbspair-2.aspx

Archived