TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Filters

OneTrickPony

Just bought 4 racing filters from Downs Ford in NJ. They charge $12.35 per filter, best price on the net that I could find. They are more money but worth it according to the research I have found. Here is the web address and phone number if your interested. www.thefordsource.com and their toll free number is 1-800-757-6909.Going to buy my oil from k-man unless one of the local dealers can match his price.

I could buy the FL-820S for alot less, but I figured I can sacrifice a couple of Starbucks Americano's. Its a matter of priority, I can let my bladder filter the coffee or my racing filter clean and protect my engine oil.

Just found a better price than k-man for the oil. Called my local Ford Dealership, Lakewood Ford, and told them I could by the Ford Syn Oil for $7.19 a qt plus shipping and they are selling me the oil for $7.13 a qt. Now that's how to take care of your customers. I have bought a 2007 Shelby GT, 2010 GT500 and a 2009 F150 Platinum from them.

Its great when you can find a dealership that is willing to take good care of you. Talk to your local Ford dealership and maybe they will be able to provide the same service I received.

Just bought 4 racing filters from Downs Ford in NJ. They charge $12.35 per filter, best price on the net that I could find. They are more money but worth it according to the research I have found. Here is the web address and phone number if your interested. www.thefordsource.com and their toll free number is 1-800-757-6909.Going to buy my oil from k-man unless one of the local dealers can match his price.

I could buy the FL-820S for alot less, but I figured I can sacrifice a couple of Starbucks Americano's. Its a matter of priority, I can let my bladder filter the coffee or my racing filter clean and protect my engine oil.

Just found a better price than k-man for the oil. Called my local Ford Dealership, Lakewood Ford, and told them I could by the Ford Syn Oil for $7.19 a qt plus shipping and they are selling me the oil for $7.13 a qt. Now that's how to take care of your customers. I have bought a 2007 Shelby GT, 2010 GT500 and a 2009 F150 Platinum from them.

Its great when you can find a dealership that is willing to take good care of you. Talk to your local Ford dealership and maybe they will be able to provide the same service I received.

tell them you can get it 6.50/qt

Big Difference:

Significantlly upgraded media and base plate

Media joint formed by clip (crimp) instead of gluing

Base plate is thicker and heavier

Filter element is taller, 3.44 compared to 2.51

Base gasket is thicker and prelubed

Media length, 100" compared to 65"

Number of pleats, 63 compared to 43

Total media Volume, 7.25 to 5.4

Total media surface area 250 sq ft compared to 156 sq ft

Okay, I could continue with the indepth info someone else provided to me, but as you can see, YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY FOR, RIGHT. ;)

So why buy the Ford "racing filter" over say a Mobil1 or K & N or a Purolator Pur1 filter which are all high quality premium filters.

They are all probably made by the same filter manufacturer anyway (Champion labs, etc)

Since GI Joes went out of business I can't find the Purolator Pure Guard Filters anywhere. They are rated as the best filter. According to the info that someone sent me the Ford Racing Filter and the Purolator Pure Guard are basically the same filters. Both filters were taking apart and compared and there was no difference. :headscratch:

Archived