TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stainless Steel Systems Muffler Delete

I recently ordered the Off Road Muffler Delete from Stainless Steel Systems (SSS) and received it yesterday evening. Did the install this morning and only ran into minor issues...Had to cut about 1 3/4 inches off of the rear mount on the driver's side and about 1/2 Inch on the passenger side. Once I had them all mounted up, the passenger side was still not sitting where I wanted it so I visited a local muffler shop and the kind gentleman heated the rear bracket just a tad and got it positioned just right. I had him tack weld the tips on even though they have nice band clamps for the double wall tips, just to be on the safe side...I don't want to loose them...they really look nice and are a perfect replacement for the stock SGT tips. Once I was all done, took it out for a spin and I LOVE the sound. Nice deep throaty sound and I didn't notice any popping or sputtering, so I'm really happy about that. I have the KR Trunk liner in my SGT, so out on the road, the sound level is only slightly louder than the stock SGT mufflers at about 80 MPH in 5th. Sorry, I don't have a modern VCR so I can do sound clip, but trust me, I like this over a lot of the other muffler mods I have seen...

Keeping the stock mufflers put up in a safe place just in case I don't like these down the road, but I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna like them a LOT!

I recently ordered the Off Road Muffler Delete from Stainless Steel Systems (SSS) and received it yesterday evening. Did the install this morning and only ran into minor issues...Had to cut about 1 3/4 inches off of the rear mount on the driver's side and about 1/2 Inch on the passenger side. Once I had them all mounted up, the passenger side was still not sitting where I wanted it so I visited a local muffler shop and the kind gentleman heated the rear bracket just a tad and got it positioned just right. I had him tack weld the tips on even though they have nice band clamps for the double wall tips, just to be on the safe side...I don't want to loose them...they really look nice and are a perfect replacement for the stock SGT tips. Once I was all done, took it out for a spin and I LOVE the sound. Nice deep throaty sound and I didn't notice any popping or sputtering, so I'm really happy about that. I have the KR Trunk liner in my SGT, so out on the road, the sound level is only slightly louder than the stock SGT mufflers at about 80 MPH in 5th. Sorry, I don't have a modern VCR so I can do sound clip, but trust me, I like this over a lot of the other muffler mods I have seen...

Keeping the stock mufflers put up in a safe place just in case I don't like these down the road, but I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna like them a LOT!

Nice work there kid would have love to seen you get up from the floor, I have to use my engine crane to lift me up other wise. I look like a turtle on his back. :hysterical: You can also forget about the bathroom , I keep my wife thermos close by.

But really nice work what was the cost of that set up, I'm thinking of putting off road exhaust on mine once my car passes state inspection. Anyway Good morning !!! :headscratch:

Nice work there kid would have love to seen you get up from the floor, I have to use my engine crane to lift me up other wise. I look like a turtle on his back. :hysterical: You can also forget about the bathroom , I keep my wife thermos close by.

But really nice work what was the cost of that set up, I'm thinking of putting off road exhaust on mine once my car passes state inspection. Anyway Good morning !!! :headscratch:

Yeah, at 52 years old, it ain't easy getting down on the floor in the cold and working under the car...LOL I found the Stainless Steel Systems Off Road Muffler Delete on sale for $210.00 with free shipping from Mustang Parts Outlet.

Mustang Parts Outlet SSS Off Road Exhaust

Yeah, at 52 years old, it ain't easy getting down on the floor in the cold and working under the car...LOL I found the Stainless Steel Systems Off Road Muffler Delete on sale for $210.00 with free shipping from Mustang Parts Outlet.

Mustang Parts Outlet SSS Off Road Exhaust

Carl,

sounds like a great setup. How would you compare them to the KR's? Craig

Carl,

sounds like a great setup. How would you compare them to the KR's? Craig

The SSS system is probably a little louder than the KR's since it has no mufflers at all now. I did experience some popping when reving the engine pretty high and letting off of it quickly after it had warmed up, but it isn't too bad, and I still love the sound when driving...It definately gets some attention from others now.

Awsome! I had been wondering thru out the day if you had gotten them installed. They will sound best on a cold start-up.

YUP, it was COLD in my garage yesterday morning, and my hands were hurting like all get out from the cold even though I was wearing my gloves, but I finally got it all done to my satisfaction and now I'm VERY happy!

YUP, it was COLD in my garage yesterday morning, and my hands were hurting like all get out from the cold even though I was wearing my gloves, but I finally got it all done to my satisfaction and now I'm VERY happy!

That's one hell of deal for 210.00 nice work!!! In my garage, I bought 2 electric radiators to heat it up it takes forever.But no fumes. You can get at lowes their cheap.

Be safe

The SSS system is probably a little louder than the KR's since it has no mufflers at all now. I did experience some popping when reving the engine pretty high and letting off of it quickly after it had warmed up, but it isn't too bad, and I still love the sound when driving...It definately gets some attention from others now.

sounds like a winner...my neighbors hate me now and that is w/ just the KR's. If I went w/ a delete I might as well have donughts to serve to the local police. :hysterical:

sounds like a winner...my neighbors hate me now and that is w/ just the KR's. If I went w/ a delete I might as well have donughts to serve to the local police. :hysterical:

Local cops here have always got their windows rolled up and a cell phone up to their ear...they couldn't hear anything if their life depended on it....and most of them are blind as well...they drive around with the radar on but never stop anyone...I don't know exactly what they are getting paid for any more out here! LOL

Archived