TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Repair Locator_Help Needed

I did not want to put this on the long Hood Scoop thread as i fighured my request for help would not be seen.

Can anyone share with me a good dealer to take my car to that is close to Wichita Kansas. iIdo not mind driving 4 or 5 hours to have it done correctely the 1st time. I really do not wnat to do the trial and error here locally.

Thanks for your help!!

-Billy

I did not want to put this on the long Hood Scoop thread as i fighured my request for help would not be seen.

Can anyone share with me a good dealer to take my car to that is close to Wichita Kansas. iIdo not mind driving 4 or 5 hours to have it done correctely the 1st time. I really do not wnat to do the trial and error here locally.

Thanks for your help!!

-Billy

I wish you luck in finding a place. I had to travel 4 hours from Virginia to North Carolina, get a rental, leave the car for almost two weeks, to get mine done but it was worth it having someone who knew how to do it. It's been a year and the scoop and stripes are still perfect.

I wish you luck in finding a place. I had to travel 4 hours from Virginia to North Carolina, get a rental, leave the car for almost two weeks, to get mine done but it was worth it having someone who knew how to do it. It's been a year and the scoop and stripes are still perfect.

I agree with you. If someone see'e this thread and can help I will travel in a moments notice.

-Billy

I think your request would for sure be seen in the Hood scoop thread. it's a thread people flock to when ever there's a new posting.

That said you might want to do a search for SGT owners in KS and send a PM to any that have posted to the thread and see if they can offer any advice.

I would say though if you download the directions and tips and tricks find a really good body shop, as I did, they "should" be able to do the job.

Your bigger issue, unless you have already taken care of this, is getting the dealer to allow you to take the scoop. At one time that was easy but some owners never returned the old scoop meaning dealers were not getting paid. Then the policy shifted to a 1 for 1 swap meaning the old scoop needed to be sent in before a new scoop was sent. I don't know what the policy is now so checking and verifying that might be your first order of business.

Good luck!

I think your request would for sure be seen in the Hood scoop thread. it's a thread people flock to when ever there's a new posting.

That said you might want to do a search for SGT owners in KS and send a PM to any that have posted to the thread and see if they can offer any advice.

I would say though if you download the directions and tips and tricks find a really good body shop, as I did, they "should" be able to do the job.

Your bigger issue, unless you have already taken care of this, is getting the dealer to allow you to take the scoop. At one time that was easy but some owners never returned the old scoop meaning dealers were not getting paid. Then the policy shifted to a 1 for 1 swap meaning the old scoop needed to be sent in before a new scoop was sent. I don't know what the policy is now so checking and verifying that might be your first order of business.

Good luck!

Thanks, sometimes I do not think my questions all the way through prior to posting. Very good input and you make excellent points. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Billy

Decided to let Laird Noller in Lawrence give it a shot after giving them all the information available here. New scoop in but the stripes are still estimated 2 weeks away according SAI as of today.

It is exchange scoop for scoop. Can not keep the old one if you dont want to buy the new one outright.

Dr. Jon

Decided to let Laird Noller in Lawrence give it a shot after giving them all the information available here. New scoop in but the stripes are still estimated 2 weeks away according SAI as of today.

It is exchange scoop for scoop. Can not keep the old one if you dont want to buy the new one outright.

Dr. Jon

How much $$$ to get to keep the original???

Thanks!

Gregg

07SGT0547

The original has to be sent back or the repair is NOT covered by warranty. Can not keep the original even if willing to pay for the new scoop.

Maybe I'll wait until after the warranty expires, and then just pay for it myself... But I'll wait to see yours before I actually decide what to do with mine...

Gregg

Archived