TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Not in the know ??

CANADA GUY

Talked to the guys at Evo and they suggested after my stage 0 with pulley; the next mod should be the l&m tb for most hp for the $$.Explained this to my svt dealer who said it was a waste of $$ as the computer would override the extra cfm demand of the new tb and no advantage in hp would be gained. Did not make sense to me as the more free the intake; it should definitely push more air into the engine. After that Evo SUGGESTED LONG TUBES but again the dealer said all long tubes available reduce the ground clearance so much that I would have a problem with all speed bumps. He suggested shorty headers that tuck up to ensure clearance.

The tb sounds good to me. Any install issues? HAVE YOU DONE THIS MOD ??Is a new tune needed? Only 91 octane is available here. COMMENTS??.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??

Talked to the guys at Evo and they suggested after my stage 0 with pulley; the next mod should be the l&m tb for most hp for the $$.Explained this to my svt dealer who said it was a waste of $$ as the computer would override the extra cfm demand of the new tb and no advantage in hp would be gained. Did not make sense to me as the more free the intake; it should definitely push more air into the engine. After that Evo SUGGESTED LONG TUBES but again the dealer said all long tubes available reduce the ground clearance so much that I would have a problem with all speed bumps. He suggested shorty headers that tuck up to ensure clearance.

The tb sounds good to me. Any install issues? HAVE YOU DONE THIS MOD ??Is a new tune needed? Only 91 octane is available here. COMMENTS??.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??

Don`t know about the TB but he is wrong about the headers. the long tubes will give you more hp than the shorties & the clearance is not a problem.

My general recommendation is to do the OPPOSITE of whatever that dealer tells you.

After my Evo stage 0 (and a few other mods), I was at 546 RWHP/537 RWTQ.

I added the L&M throttle body/plenum with tune, aluminum driveshaft, and lower balancer pulley. That took me to 593 RWHP/611RWTQ. That's a substantial difference. The only issue I have now is that it's almost too much power, and I have to think about widening the wheels and getting better rubber.

I'm holding off on the headers for two reasons. I don't need any more power now, and I don't want to make it any louder than it already is.

Edit: I think you should be fine with 91 octane, as long as it is tuned for that.

For what it is worth, as I have not gotten the chance to put everything on my car till this weekend, Lethal team recommended the same exact thing as EVO told you. I told them what I wanted my end result to be and they told me to get that result to look at the L&M 66MM TB, which I did end up getting. I wont be able to do a test of HP at each stage of upgrade but I would believe very much that the Lethal team knows what they are talking about.

Nic

Archived