TEAM SHELBY FORUM

eu conversions and navigation

Lennart

Hello

All of you who imported Mustangs from USA to Europe!

Is there anyone who has managed to get the disk for the navigation for Europe, or to get the navigation working i Europe?

What about indicator lights rear and side as well as the white in front, where to get these the best way?

I think we are so many with the navigation system problem that it is time to get something done?

Look forward to proposal and comments

Lennart

Hi Lennart

Good question. Right now, I am going to import a GT500KR Mod. 2009 to Switzerland and this car also has the US-Navigation built in. But it seems that there is no way to make this Navi-System working in Europe. So, I think the only way is to replace the unit with a system, that is made for Europe.

Everybody told me, that Ford and Pioneer has an agreement, and Pioneer is not allowed to make the Navigation-System running in Europe.

Regards, Booster

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys I be working at the moment on it to get some of the CD's for the 07-09 Navs and the 10's. Will post the infos here if I know more about it.

Hi GAFSoldier

I don't think, that you will find any Navi-CD's that will work in Europe. I tried everything to make the system running outside the States, but no way. But if you could make this impossible thing possibe, you would be the greatest guy B) B)

So please, let us know, when you have the solution. I would be very interested in it.............

Greez, Booster from Switzerland

The Nav in your Car (07-09 GT500's) is a Pioneer system so it must work with a Pioneer Nav DVD/CD. I am in email contact with some guys from Pioneer Europe at the moment to find the right DVD/CD for your system.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatelly not. I am still trying tgo get infos regarding this subject.

It seems, that this will keep an endless problem, to get the Pioneer AVIC US-Navi system running in Europe...........

If you hear some news, please keep us informed. So will I. Thanks

If you are spending a short time in Europe, use a tom tom or garmin, if this is a more permanent move, I would buy a EU nav unit and have it installed there.

Save yourself the grief and wasted time chasing your tail.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello

Anyone have news for the navigator system. I had a friend who tried but sadly failed.

Is it really allowed by Pioneer or Ford to make these restrictions as we have paid for the hardware and us software and we are prepared to pay for the European software? Are we forced by these companies to try other ways? There must be more than one way to solve this and there are many very clever people out there....

Please let me know if anyone find one way or the other

Lennart

• 1 month later...

Hi

JUST HAD A KENWOOD SATNAV FITTED ON MY SUPER SNAKE AS THE USA VERSION WILL NOT WORK

GREAT SYSTEM, HAS DVD, BLUETOOTH, TUNER,ETC. FITS THE OPENING PERFECT HAS EU MAPS AS WELL

004.jpg

002-1.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

Archived