TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will the price increase help the 07-09 resale value?

idareu

Given that the new gT50is going to touch 60k for a loaded vert how will the values of the 07-09 GT500 hold up.

IMHO either it won't change or the values will go down.

Depends on:

Capacity of the Al block.

How durable the new power steering system is

If 2011 is the last year of GT500 production (who knows, just throwing it out there)

I don't see anything but down as thousands were made. By the end of the year, you'll be able to purchase an 07-08 in the high $20,000 range.

Plus 1

So glad I held out and did not buy into the craziness.

Some folks unfortunately probably are still way upside down on 2007 models.

Well IMHO they are no longer making the '07 - '09 body style. If new buyers prefer that body style with an '11 running $55k + I think it would at least put a bottom in for prices on used '07 - '09s. There is a lot of bang for the buck picking up a used GT500 in the mid $30Ks.

SVT

I don't know for sure, but I would suspect w/ the economy and all the push to go green we will suffer for quite some time. On the other side though, I have what I want and I enjoy the h%ll out of it! Another thing I find interesting is the fact that we all know everything in cars is tanking and yet we continue to mod our cars.....knowing that if you plan to sell or find yourself in a situation that you have to sell, no one is going to pay fairly for all the mods that some of us have done....I guess we are our own worst enemies. I have thought about this every time I go to spend money but the thought only last for a few minutes and then I place my order. :confused: I can't think about it too much or I might as well live under a rock. :hysterical: Craig

value will only increase in the long ....... run. In the short term it will act just as any other car. (go down) If you bought it for investment, then you should at least keep all the original parts that it came with. Numbers matching, survivor cars always collect better. Just plan on taking care of it for the next thirty years. As for the '11 adding ot costing us value, only time will tell if future collectors want a first generation body, or a second/ third generation performance, or some collectable mix between the two (Some wanting one and others wanting the other).

Well IMHO they are no longer making the '07 - '09 body style. If new buyers prefer that body style with an '11 running $55k + I think it would at least put a bottom in for prices on used '07 - '09s. There is a lot of bang for the buck picking up a used GT500 in the mid $30Ks.

SVT

Exactly........More demand for the "Awesome Looking" Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

The price of all these cars, and all the other new Shelby's are going no where but down anytime soon, you are gonna have to be in it for the extremely long run if you think your car is gonna increase in value anytime soon.

Amen! :)

"Will the price increase help the 07-09 resale value?"

Answer;

Not as much as the "HAPPY A$$ BUTT UGLY" rear end does??????? :hysterical:

:redcard: you're in the wrong section of the forum....thx for dropping by and telling us how you feel about our "HAPPY A$$ BUTT UGLY" rear end... now move along and go back were you came from :devil2:

I think my post count disqualifies me from "TROLL STATUS"?????? :hysterical:

I don't care what your post count is. When you come into another car's section just to make jokes about it that's trolling. Honest criticism about a car is welcome but the way you went about it was not.

It seems like there are many more factors to consider for future resale other than the current production price being higher. I say this because almost every car out there is more expensive than it was just a few years ago (MSRP wise). I would fully expect our cars to continue in depreciation like every other car (but maybe not at the same rate) out there then start to level off at some point. No way in hell I'm putting mine in a bubble for 30 yrs "just in case". We're all gonna lose money, but maybe not as much as some cars. With that being said, most of us are driving around liabilities or at best, a depreciating asset and is in no way "an investment".

It seems like there are many more factors to consider for future resale other than the current production price being higher. I say this because almost every car out there is more expensive than it was just a few years ago (MSRP wise). I would fully expect our cars to continue in depreciation like every other car (but maybe not at the same rate) out there then start to level off at some point. No way in hell I'm putting mine in a bubble for 30 yrs "just in case". We're all gonna lose money, but maybe not as much as some cars. With that being said, most of us are driving around liabilities or at best, a depreciating asset and is in no way "an investment".

Life is way too short to worry about resale value! It's a "Shelby" nothing compares to the excitement of driving and owning one, can't put a price tag on "Fun" As most of you know it's not the speed of the vehicle but the attention it garners.

I don't care what your post count is. When you come into another car's section just to make jokes about it that's trolling. Honest criticism about a car is welcome but the way you went about it was not.

Being able to not be so sensative and take a joke actually builds character???????

And we agree about my post count as I don't care either??????? :hysterical:

Archived