TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Lowering Springs

SicShelby

All of the parts I actually obtained from other members here on TS. The lowering springs from one member, and then the BMR adjustable panhard bar a few months later (all when I was still in Ohio). I couldn't wait to get them on! Thus far I'm just concerned with the appearance and not so much making a track-ready car, so hence just putting the springs on and nothing else.

The rear was a real simple job. I followed the instructions actually, from a "how-to" that was posted on SVT Performance. Everything went on without a hitch! I ended up taking the front end strut assembly to a local shop to have the new springs put on, and I also installed some camber bolts before I had it aligned this morning. The alignment came out within spec, and I couldn't be happier!

The ride is just a touch harder, and I can definitely feel the difference in what I call the "squat factor" under WOT. SO! It's not a complete suspension, but it accomplished what I wanted! Here are some pics:

Before:

P1040731.jpg

P1040732.jpg

After:

P1040741.jpg

P1040743.jpg

P1040744.jpg

Beautiful, Gabe! Looks perfect! It's amazing how bad the rear wheels looked stock -- that kind of clearance should be reserved for off-road SUVs!

What's even better than the WOT "squat" factor is the lack of horrendous nose-diving when you brake hard. Feels a lot more confident!

Welcome to the Modded GT500 Club! Now that you've started, there's no turning back! I recommend Tokico D-Spec shocks, BMR LCAs and UCA, FRPP short-throw shifter, new exhaust...perhaps a TVS blower... :happy feet:

Oh, and can't forget the Official Icon: :spend:

:hysterical:

Beautiful, Gabe! Looks perfect! It's amazing how bad the rear wheels looked stock -- that kind of clearance should be reserved for off-road SUVs!

What's even better than the WOT "squat" factor is the lack of horrendous nose-diving when you brake hard. Feels a lot more confident!

Welcome to the Modded GT500 Club! Now that you've started, there's no turning back! I recommend Tokico D-Spec shocks, BMR LCAs and UCA, FRPP short-throw shifter, new exhaust...perhaps a TVS blower... :happy feet:

Oh, and can't forget the Official Icon: :spend:

:hysterical:

Hey that lifted rear-end is probably what got me out of the snow in Tahoe when I had it stored up there, lol.

You got that right, haha. I'm going to remain fairly conservative on mods this year. I'm going to get cutouts on the exhaust this summer and make it a "little" (understated!) louder. Apart from that I would like to get the sequentials on there... Just little stuff.

If I'm going to hang on to this thing for a long time then I'm going try and keep a stock tune for a while. Either that or I'm going have to start diverting more funds into the secret Shelby account. ;)

I was wondering why the RED stripes.

I'm about to get a set of white ones and am thinking about getting red while I'm at it but only because I *MIGHT* end up getting red brake calipers.

But his are stock calipers so I was wondering why he chose red over white? I don't think he'll get laughed at, just questioned like I'm doing here.

Just curious,

Phill

OMG please please please take off the red GS slashes on the fender. Those are reserved for the corvette grandsport. Holycow, get ready to get laughed at when you head to the car shows this summer. Nice drop though.

If you think "pit" stripes are reserved for Corvettes you need to do some research. And honestly I get more comments at cars shows on the pit stripes than anything else.

So... to each their own, hoss.

Here you go:

TS - Fender Stripes - What Are They For?

Stuck On You Graphics

I was wondering why the RED stripes.

I'm about to get a set of white ones and am thinking about getting red while I'm at it but only because I *MIGHT* end up getting red brake calipers.

But his are stock calipers so I was wondering why he chose red over white? I don't think he'll get laughed at, just questioned like I'm doing here.

Just curious,

Phill

Hi, Phill. There were roughly four or five other blue/white GT500's when I lived in Columbus so I needed to do something to set mine out from the crowd. I contemplated other colors but ran with the red because they brought a nice contrast to the rest of the car. I also painted the coil covers to match:

DSCF0074.jpg

If you think "pit" stripes are reserved for Corvettes you need to do some research. And honestly I get more comments at cars shows on the pit stripes than anything else.

So... to each their own, hoss.

Here you go:

TS - Fender Stripes - What Are They For?

Stuck On You Graphics

Hi, Phill. There were roughly four or five other blue/white GT500's when I lived in Columbus so I needed to do something to set mine out from the crowd. I contemplated other colors but ran with the red because they brought a nice contrast to the rest of the car. I also painted the coil covers to match:

DSCF0074.jpg

They look like poopy in my opinion.

They look like poopy in my opinion.

Why do you feel the need to express such a strong opinion.Were people mean to you when you were a kid?Are you a out cast at work.Do woman beat you up? What ever it is posting a statement like that is not right.To tell a person that his car looks like shit becuse it does not fit your view of what his car should look like makes you look like a ass.If you dont have anything good to say keep your mouth SHUT.

If opinions were not wanted, then why would one post pictures on a national website?

Hmmmm, wow that's a tough one.... could it be, no.... well, maybe, just maybe.... it could have been because he was proud of getting his car lowered AS THE TITLE STATES. Tough concept to grasp though, so maybe I'm wrong.

and MAYBE, just maybe, it's because MOST people on this site seem to understand that just because it's a national website that doesn't mean you should post shit just to be a dick.

All of the parts I actually obtained from other members here on TS. The lowering springs from one member, and then the BMR adjustable panhard bar a few months later (all when I was still in Ohio). I couldn't wait to get them on! Thus far I'm just concerned with the appearance and not so much making a track-ready car, so hence just putting the springs on and nothing else.

The rear was a real simple job. I followed the instructions actually, from a "how-to" that was posted on SVT Performance. Everything went on without a hitch! I ended up taking the front end strut assembly to a local shop to have the new springs put on, and I also installed some camber bolts before I had it aligned this morning. The alignment came out within spec, and I couldn't be happier!

The ride is just a touch harder, and I can definitely feel the difference in what I call the "squat factor" under WOT. SO! It's not a complete suspension, but it accomplished what I wanted! Here are some pics:

Before:

P1040731.jpg

P1040732.jpg

After:

P1040741.jpg

P1040743.jpg

P1040744.jpg

Thanks for posting the befor and after pic. I plan to do the same thing that you are doing.the drop looks great. Thanks

and to stay on topic, the drop looks good man, I still don't understand how they could ever come off the line as lifted as they do.

Thank you.

I kind of pondered that too. Looking at it now after it has been lowered I'm 100% in agreement with you - they should have came a little bit lower. I used to be able to put four fingers side by side and stick them in between the tire and the fender and still have room. :hysterical:

Who's to know? :shrug:

Thanks for posting the before and after pic. I plan to do the same thing that you are doing.the drop looks great. Thanks

Sure thing! Lemme know if you need any pointers. I used this thread and didn't run into any problems:

Lowering Springs Installation

The Panhard bar was a simple install. Undo the two bolts that hold on the old one, take it out and line up the holes with the new one, and then tighten them down. Make adjustments after the car is off the lift and by itself.

The cam bolts of course were no issue - just replace the top strut bolt with the cam bolts when you're putting everything back together.

Gabe, your baby is sitting great! I am definitely going to install those springs as soon as the weather breaks here in Columbus. Also going to custom tune with Brady at Pickups Plus.

BTW everyone...., I don't feel it necessary to dignify that assinine comment by zxmustang but.....

As one of the few blue/white GT500's in Columbus and appearing at several shows with Sic Shelby, I can tell you all that the red fender stripes were a BIG hit with everyone, especially with the valve covers painted to match. It was a nice personal touch and a unique way to distinguish our cars. Gabe your car looks awesome and now its time to start modding that engine!

Car looks great ! Love the stripes !

Thanks!

Gabe, your baby is sitting great! I am definitely going to install those springs as soon as the weather breaks here in Columbus. Also going to custom tune with Brady at Pickups Plus.

BTW everyone...., I don't feel it necessary to dignify that assinine comment by zxmustang but.....

As one of the few blue/white GT500's in Columbus and appearing at several shows with Sic Shelby, I can tell you all that the red fender stripes were a BIG hit with everyone, especially with the valve covers painted to match. It was a nice personal touch and a unique way to distinguish our cars. Gabe your car looks awesome and now its time to start modding that engine!

Thanks, Geoff.

I got Ebaich lowering spring being added this weekend. What else is needed when you lower the car as far as people say alignment and what not??

Edit: BTW Car looks great. As my dad always said... "It doesn't look like a 4 wheel drive anymore".

Perimeter - like I mentioned earlier on in the thread, I did just the lowering springs, but I opted to get an adjustable panhard bar so that you can realign the rear end. After I lowered it, the right rear tire was actually sticking out of the fender well a little bit, and the left one was inside. SO, you can use the adjustable bar to bring the rear end back into spec.

Apart from that I would recommend camber bolts for the front end.

Of course... don't forget the :beerchug:

Are you doing the install yourself? If so, I posted the "how to" that I used in post #20 and didn't have any issues.

And click here for the camber bolts.

I'm weeping like the baby that I am. baby.gif

Before:

P1040731.jpg

P1040732.jpg

After:

P1040741.jpg

P1040743.jpg

P1040744.jpg

Nice Job enjoy the new ride. :happy feet:

If you "framed" your pictures the same for the before and after they would show much better. :talkhand:

Not trying to criticize your "photography" :slapfight:

Archived