TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lake Tahoe - 9/11 "Patriot Day" Cruise, Car Show and BBQ

SVT NAJA

This is the second Tahoe event of the summer. Plans call for a departure from Old Town Sacramento (about 8:30 am) and a cruise up I-80 to Truckee (stopping for fuel near Donner State Park) and then a hop over to Lake Tahoe's North Shore on Highway 267. We'll arrive at Kings Beach State Park to participate in the local John Reichert Memorial Classic Car Show. We'll have a dedicated "Shelby" parking area beachside. Cars stage at 11:30 am and the show starts at 12 noon. We'll enjoy a great charity BBQ and kickin back with other car enthusiasts for a couple of hours. The big summer crowds are gone and the weather is still pleasant. Accommodations are readily available for TS members who may want to stay overnight after the show ends at 2:30 pm. Look at your calendars (this is the Saturday following Labor Day) and post up if you're interested. I'll start adding names as they roll in. Thanks!

These TS members/enthusiasts have indicated an interest with cruising up to Lake Tahoe on "Patriot Day", Saturday September 11th for a Car Show and BBQ (please provide year, model and color of your car as well as first names of those attending, as shown below):

1. SVT NAJA - Concord - 2010 GT500 Coupe / Torch Red, Stripe Delete - Jim

2. ceswert - Orinda - Super Snake - Charlie and son Robert

3. shelbyguy470 - North Lake Tahoe - 2007 Shelby GT/SC Coupe / Black - Russ

4. jp1gt - Georgetown - 2008 SGT Vert / Vista Blue - Jack and Helen

5. FordFan1 - Vancouver WA / Kerry

Directions are posted on page #3, post #57

Here is a link to the Kings Beach pier-cam http://www.tahoetopi...-beach-pier-cam

KingsBeach.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump^^^

Now that the cruise up to Gar Woods this past weekend is in our rear view mirrors, I want to focus on this event at Kings Beach and gauge interest from Nor-Cal / Pacific region TS members. Although the cruise up I-80 will be a little quicker, the tempo of this meet and BBQ will be more laid back since we won't be driving around the lake all day long. If you've posted above or you are responding for the first time, please confirm your entry with first names of those attending (as I need a head count on this one for the caterer) and list your vehicle info as I've done in post #1. Thanks.

Jim

Bump^

Now that the cruise up to Gar Woods this past weekend is in our rear view mirrors, I want to focus on this event at Kings Beach and gauge interest from Nor-Cal / Pacific region TS members. Although the cruise up I-80 will be a little quicker, the tempo of this meet and BBQ will be more laid back since we won't be driving around the lake all day long. If you've posted above or you are responding for the first time, please confirm your entry with first names of those attending as I need a head count on this one for the caterer. You're also welcome to list your vehicle as I've done in post #1. Thanks.

Jim

fabman - Pleasanton (just me)

Jim,

I'm in for this cruise also.

07 S.S. Alloy

SR. SNAKE

Thanks for the last cruise. It was a real kick.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the run to Gar Woods at Tahoe last weekend. WOW, 2 Super Snakes so far, that rocks!!!

Jim

Bump for update...

I'm still in. We had a great time last time.

2007 Black (fastest color, of course) Shelby GT/SC

Dan n Deb

Dan,

Updated post #1 to show you and Deb are on board. We now have 2 SGT's confirmed. That's great!happy%20feet.gif

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of friends with mustangs that are interested in coming along if that's ok.

Dan,

Mustangs... Lake Tahoe... Patriot Day... talk about an ALL AMERICAN cruise... I'll throw in the apple pie!

It's all good!!! Confirm with your friends and post up their info so I can include them on the list. Thanks.

Jim

Dan,

Mustangs... Lake Tahoe... Patriot Day... talk about an ALL AMERICAN cruise... I'll throw in the apple pie!

It's all good!!! Confirm with your friends and post up their info so I can include them on the list. Thanks.

Jim

Ok, cool! I kind of thought so but thought I should check.

I'll talk to everyone and post back the results!

Maybe for myself and the wife. From Antioch with two 2008 GT500s.

makapuu,

WOW... this is a 1st! A husband and wife pair of GT500 verts. I've got you posted on page 1. Maybe we can meet up at SunValley in Concord on September 11th for the drive to Old Town.

Jim

makapuu,

WOW... this is a 1st! A husband and wife pair of GT500 verts. I've got you posted on page 1. Maybe we can meet up at SunValley in Concord on September 11th for the drive to Old Town.

Jim

Jim, sounds like a plan. We will be back east until August 17th, and will know our schedule to confirm things after we return. I will PM you my phone #.

Tony

Archived