TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted Rear-end on the 2011 GT500

Pockdog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked my 2010 with build date 12/09. The axle is painted black all the way :happy feet:

But while looking, I found a tire in my 600 mile old rear tire. :doh: I was going to buy the certs from Discount this weekend Siigghhhhhhhhhhh

You must have awesome tires.

Where did you get them?

That's amazing FireDragon's shot even shows a factor inspection mark on the rusted bracket, shame on Ford

Still, it looked better than the 10 underneath. The hard part for me is knowing they have an 11 there, now, while mine isn't built yet. Victim of the "dealer stock" vs. "retail order." Who knows when they'll get their allocation for my retail order. Meanwhile, the Sterling Grey with SVT package, Electronic Package, Car cover, and stripe delete sits there with my 2011 Sterling Grey with black stripes and Electronics package remaining in limbo. Talk about hard decisions. I wasn't crazy about the wheels in pics, but in person they look great! I can always add stripes later. But the 4 grand for the SVT package and car cover would up my payments a lil bit and put me over my 20% down I have saved up. And that will raise the APR I'm taking out with my credit union. Not too keen on that! But still, I'm soooooo freakin tempted. Thing drove like a dream!!!!

post-28125-127389958308_thumb.jpg

post-28125-127389958308_thumb.jpg

In the first picture it looks like there is still a bracket just above the control arm that is still rusted. Guess we can't win them all just puts in bad taste in my mouth having RUST on a brand new car....much less a $50K+ car. It's like buying a hot dog with a bite already out of it.

Those are the axle weights; they are very easy to remove and paint if desired; one bolt each.

Archived