TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY GT BADGE

JFPEELE

I HAVE A 2008 SHELBY GT IT HAS A GT TRUNK BADGE ON IT AND I HAVE SEEN 3 OTHERS THAT HAVE THE SNAKE WITH SHELBY GT ON IT JUST LIKE THE FLIP DOWN GAS CAP ON THE 1968 WHY DO SOME HAVE THIS AND SOME DOINT ? I BOUGHT THIS NEW WITH THE SIGNED PIC AND LETTER FROM SHELBY I THINK I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE ON MINE BUT DID NOT AND CANT SEEM TO FIND WHERE TO GET ONE . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE THANKS JIM

I went with the CS badge also, only snakes on my car are the ones on the Razors. Never wanted any snakes on my SGT so to avoid the comments like " look at that fake Shelby", " How does 500 hp feels like", and the GT350 names.

Only a few people really know about the SGT's which in a way is kind of cool but boy do you have to correct a whole lot of people, yes even supposedly mustang enthusiasts.

It's all about prefferences, I know there are two types of snakes and one is specific to our SGT's but again not many can tell the difference between two. Enough ranting....

I like the CS emblem also, and I see a lot of the snake emblems on the forums.

Do you just replace the emblem or is it the whole cap?

Laurence

Just the emblem

My wife doesn't like snakes so this was a nice add on. As an atlernative.

post-10954-126585948497_thumb.jpg

Mike

I had the CS emblem too and my wife does not like snakes. However, after I supercharged the car I really wanted the "S" snake theme. I bought the "S" snake emblem and installed it on a satin faux cap. Also added the "S" snake headrests and armrest. She has learned not to hate the snake as I explained to her that it is synonymous to Mr. Shelby. Forgiveness comes easier than permission. :happy feet:

I have the S Snakes all over my SGT...I didn't want the Tiffany Snake that is on the GT500, but did like the S Snake as it is more a SHELBY snake than any other...The emblem on the back is only a thin cap that uses double sided tape to secure it to the original GT cap...it fits like a glove and I have not had any problem with mine in almost 2 years now. I had custom emblems made for my steering wheel cap and wheel caps on my GT500 wheels. I have the Shelby GT head rest covers and also made a custom power outlet plug as well...

I didn't see the S Snake emblem on the Shelby Store site, so you may just have to call Robert or Sharon and ask if they are still available...hopefully they can help you out...

You can do a search and see I was 100% anti-snake! I used to say "just say no to snakes"! But this was BEFORE the "S" snake and the great collection of "S" snake themed items for our car. What I didn't want was a "mish mash" of crap that ruined the simple elegance of the SGT.

Since then I think the items that SA has offered up for sale like the faux gas cap, engine dress-up, interior upgrade, wheel caps, floor mats, etc., are nicely done and when installed "in moderation" I think look great! I've since added all of the above, accept the IU that I can't afford right now.

So make the decision yourself decide on a theme and keep it consistent, and clean. Do what you want but my personal opinion is those that mix and match detract from what I think is one of the most beautiful 197 Mustangs ever made.

IMHO!

I didn't see the S Snake emblem on the Shelby Store site, so you may just have to call Robert or Sharon and ask if they are still available...hopefully they can help you out...

Yeah, seems to be MIA? I searched for "cap", "gas" and "faux", but it didn't show up.

I sent a note.

Sharon and Robert are still working on getting all the stock transfered from Drake to Shelby Store. As they get the items they are adding them to the sight, once they get everything transfered over, they will be available in the store. Until then if you want one now, you gotta call them.

Chris

Sharon and Robert are still working on getting all the stock transfered from Drake to Shelby Store. As they get the items they are adding them to the sight, once they get everything transfered over, they will be available in the store. Until then if you want one now, you gotta call them.

Chris

Well there you have it! Thanks Chris! I noticed the "CS cap was also unavailable so the same I would think goes for that as well.

I HAVE A 2008 SHELBY GT IT HAS A GT TRUNK BADGE ON IT AND I HAVE SEEN 3 OTHERS THAT HAVE THE SNAKE WITH SHELBY GT ON IT JUST LIKE THE FLIP DOWN GAS CAP ON THE 1968 WHY DO SOME HAVE THIS AND SOME DOINT ? I BOUGHT THIS NEW WITH THE SIGNED PIC AND LETTER FROM SHELBY I THINK I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE ON MINE BUT DID NOT AND CANT SEEM TO FIND WHERE TO GET ONE . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE THANKS JIM

You mean this one? If so, you can purchase it from Shelby Performance Parts for around $27 shipped. It's part number 7S3Z-9A031-SGT

IMG_3666.jpg

My stripes were changed by the dealership I purchased the car from. I did not catch the lettering was off. Thanks for letting me know.

Just another reason I insist on watching them while they are working on my car....I need to have my hood scoop replaced, but I'm paranoid that they won't let me watch and ensure that it is done right!

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the one thanks .

THANKS FOR THE HELP THAT IS THE ONE I WANT MY GT IS CSM 08SGTO239 I REALLY LIKE THE CAR. I HAVE MISSED PLACED THE PHONE # CAN YOU EMAIL IT TO ME AT EMPIRETIRE17@COX.NET THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP JIM

I have the Snake Faux gas cap...

IMG_0827.jpg

Is there a stencil available that will ensure this does not happen?

I'm getting ready to have my Deep Draw hood installed and have the stripes

Painted on.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jessie

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a stencil available that will ensure this does not happen?

I'm getting ready to have my Deep Draw hood installed and have the stripes

Painted on.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jessie

'mrfarmdog' has a template for the Cobra guys to center their Ford OEM Shelby letters. You may want to contact him to see if it'll work well enough for our letters.

Archived