TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VAPOR 2008 GT500 with 2010 RIMS

DarthLord

2010 wheels on 07-09 GT 500  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the wheels on the car?

• Great
    • Wish they where chrome!
    • Keep the stockers!

Just got them on today, so more pics when I can clean the car up. To clear up so confusion, the OEM fit perfect. Same lug nuts, locks etc. All works great. They really fill up the wheel wells nice, but I think the car

needs different springs now.. The wheels are out to the edges, but the car still drives and feels the same. The quality is top notch. I changed my stripes are tunsgen gray so it really looks great with the wheels.

78761030.jpg

</p>

98181383.jpg

</p>

27531634.jpg

more pics added 03/01/2010:

img0824d.jpg

img0823q.jpg

img0828q.jpg

img0827im.jpg

Just got them on today, so more pics when I can clean the car up. To clear up so confusion, the OEM fit perfect. Same lug nuts, locks etc. All works great. They really fill up the wheel wells nice, but I think the car

needs different springs now.. The wheels are out to the edges, but the car still drives and feels the same. The quality is top notch. I changed my stripes are tunsgen gray so it really looks great with the wheels.

78761030.jpg

</p>

98181383.jpg

</p>

27531634.jpg

Really like those, stock height or lowered?

Awesome , these look like the factory ones! where did you get them? Please tell me I want a set!

thank you

Jason

So did you dismount the tires, change to the '07-'09 Lear "banded" TPMS sensors, remove the 2010 "snap-in" TPMS sensors, remount the tires, and rebalance?

Or are you just pushing the "reset" button every time you start up the car?

I ask because I recently picked up a complete set of 2010 wheels/tires myself (from a TS member that posted he was selling them here just last week)...

Tob

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments...

Ok, the rims are OEM Stock 2010 Ford 19's from a 2010 with only 21 miles on it.

I traded him my rims and XXX amount of cash for them. I have seen them listed

on ebay for $2500 or so. They quality is second to none. They feel and are finished

better than the Alcoas in my opinion. I have owned both so I know.

UPDATE

They are complete with all sensors etc from the 2010. You MUST get new sensors

from the 08's and new bands as the 2010 valve system does not work on our cars.

I'm trying to find a way around this and haven't had them programmed yet.

The car is not lowered, that is stock height. I do have a spare in the trunk as I didn't

trust the pump in the trunk thing, but this makes a little difference. I will be putting

on springs as I feel the car looks a little higher with the big rims.

Thanks the color comments, Yes they match great. It takes a little bit to get used to

as the mono-chromatic and not very flashly without light directly on them. Alot like the

new BMW and Lexus type wheels.

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments...

Ok, the rims are OEM Stock 2010 Ford 19's from a 2010 with only 21 miles on it.

The car is not lowered, that is stock height. I do have a spare in the trunk as I didn't

trust the pump in the trunk thing, but this makes a little difference. I will be putting

on springs as I feel the car looks a little higher with the big rims.

I do like the wheels, but am holding out for a set of 18" verts. Hopefully they'll work; I still don't know why the coupes & verts had diff sizes.

Congrats on the spare; as I understand it that sealer for the flats is subject to screw up the TPMS sensor in the wheel you use it in. :banghead:

I do like the wheels, but am holding out for a set of 18" verts. Hopefully they'll work; I still don't know why the coupes & verts had diff sizes.

Congrats on the spare; as I understand it that sealer for the flats is subject to screw up the TPMS sensor in the wheel you use it in. :banghead:

You can buy the vert rims from Tousley Ford for 400 dollars apiece. Not bad considering the 19 Inch coupe rims are 800 apiece.

They are complete with all sensors etc from the 2010. You have to use the TPMS device

to reset them. Its a very simple process. I had the tool, but my friend lost it. I just drove

by the dealer (around back) and handed the guy a 10 spot and he programmed them

right there, takes all of 5 minutes.

You cannot retrain the 2010 (mfg by Schrader) "snap-in" TPMS sensors to communicate with the 2007-2009 GT500 SJB/PCM. The earlier system, while operating at the same 315 mhz, emits a signal at 8 bits. The later (2010-2011) SJB/PCM is looking for a 16 bit signal. They simply do not talk to each other.

I confirmed this with the "tech" people at Schrader. They were well aware of the issue. I spoke with them at length about a workable solution, and we both concluded that until they release their programmable EZ-sensor (they indicated they would start releasing certain applications at the end of 2010) the only solution is to remove the snap-in sensor and replace it with the older style (mfg by Lear) "banded" sensor.

Schrader offers these as well, part #28385 for Ford Banded OE 6F2Z1A189A, as listed here. You can typically find and save big money on a set of sensors and bands at eBay, or from vendors such as American Muscle. Your Ford dealer will absolutely rape you if you choose them as your supplier.

Here is a post that backs up exactly what I'm trying to say.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38271-the-wheels-thread/page__view__findpost__p__884139

I happen to have an interest here as I have a set of 2010 take-off's as well...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/663429-2010-gt500-rims-3.html#post9318950

So either you aren't noticing the dash, which is indicating a fault, or a miracle happened!

Tob

More on TPMS sensors here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again guys... The wheels were 2010 take offs with 11 miles..

No the car is not lowered, stock height, I do not have the air compressor in the back, but a full spare.

Yes, that is a 93 cobra (I just sold it today, the KR hunt begins!). and yes that is a 67 RS/SS 396 4 speed Camaro. Love new fords since 5.0's and old chevy muscle! But never mix ! LOL

I saw Shelby somewhere is supposed to be selling 19 takeoffs for $1400 with tires???

More pics from today and some bad news.. The post by TOB is true. I went to my friend at the dealer today and he could not program them. It will cost another $300 in sensors, bands and labor to make them work on the 07-09s.

Better pics...

img0824d.jpg

img0823q.jpg

img0828q.jpg

img0827im.jpg

img0826a.jpg

Car and wheels look like they were made for each other. Also nice to see that the sun is still shining somewhere as well.

Keep us updated on the sensors. I'd like to see what it costs you and where you get the sensors/bands from. Also curious if you remove the 'snap-in' sensor and replace it with a conventional rubber valve stem when you change to the 'banded' sensors.

You should be able to sell the sensors you remove for a good buck as well. Good luck with it.

Tob

More pics from today and some bad news.. The post by TOB is true. I went to my friend at the dealer today and he could not program them. It will cost another $300 in sensors, bands and labor to make them work on the 07-09s.

Better pics...

img0824d.jpg

img0823q.jpg

img0828q.jpg

img0827im.jpg

img0826a.jpg

I really like the look of those wheels. Too bad about the sensors though. You need to lower at least the rear. That will help fill in the space and level out the car. Plus you need some KR mufflers, they look great on that car. Just a couple of suggestions to hopefully help you out a bit.

Archived