TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need 2 center caps and info

hwhunter

Does anyone know where I can pick up two new center caps? I know they show up on eBay from time to time, but that usually turns into a bidding frenzy.

What is supposed to hold the caps on? I did not realize it at the time of purchase, but my hardware is broken off, and someone has siliconed the caps onto the rims.

Does anyone know where I can pick up two new center caps? I know they show up on eBay from time to time, but that usually turns into a bidding frenzy.

What is supposed to hold the caps on? I did not realize it at the time of purchase, but my hardware is broken off, and someone has siliconed the caps onto the rims.

There is a set of four caps on ebay right now. The caps are held on by an allen screw which corrodes and breaks off flush in the threaded hole.

Always use some anti-seize on the allen screw threads. And it never hurts to use anti-seize on the lug nut threads.

Steve

There is a set of four caps on ebay right now. The caps are held on by an allen screw which corrodes and breaks off flush in the threaded hole.

Always use some anti-seize on the allen screw threads. And it never hurts to use anti-seize on the lug nut threads.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Were the allen screws stainless or chrome? How can I find out the specifications of the set screw?

Trey

Weren't stainless but SS is what I replace them with. I just took one of the screws to the local boat supply house and marched it up.

Steve

Sounds like a plan.

Unfortunately, none of my wheels has an original set screw. I am working on extracting the 4 existing broken ones.

Weren't stainless but SS is what I replace them with. I just took one of the screws to the local boat supply house and marched it up.

Steve

How do you abstact the old screw studs? What are the tools needed? I've never done this before. Can the local dealership special order any of the Shelby Dakota parts like the cab farring or center caps?

Archived