TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Super" Car Comparisons

thewheelman

So, I've been watching the discussion on whether our cars are "supercars" or not and decided to run some research. Let's say I'm somewhat successful in my business ventures and have decided it's time for me to buy a fun car. My criteria are 1) must be a convertible, 2) must have 4 seats (to show off grandchildren in), 3) must have "ample" (400 or more) horsepower, 4) must be able to be serviced locally and reasonably--here I mean, I live an hour from Nashville, TN, which provides access to almost any "exotic" or upscale auto available and I don't want oil changes to run into 4 figures. Therefore, I've compiled the following list, noting that some obviously don't meet either # 1 or #2, but had to be considered to make the list valid. Some of the others; Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin are way out of price consideration (and #4), as are the not-included Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. When you look at the choices, I'm even more convinced that our cars; 2007- to present, really are "super" cars. I'm sure I've left out someone's favorite or insulted someone else merely by mentioning their car in the same list as ours......

(Is there anyway to post an Excel spreadsheet?)

Supercar comparisons.pdf

Supercar comparisons.pdf

GT500 convertibles totally rock. BMW M3 convertible sounds like a good choice, too. A couple of other considerations- if you would ever consider owning a GM or Mopar, that is:

1) Camaro convertible supposedly coming out

2) Do what I did with a Challenger SRT8- send it to CoachBuilders for a convertible conversion, and slap a Kenne Bell on it with 10 lbs of boost. 650 hp, unique, great-looking ride, and you can put THREE of those grandchildren comfortably in the backseat!

post pics !!!!!!!!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46214-teaser-shot-of-my-plum-crazy-kenne-bell-srt8-challenger-convertible/

I even updated the thread with some new pics for you!

You want a fun car? Then only one choice listed.......buy a GTR, I know! M3 and M6 won't cut it as fun cars, neither will the Bentley......

I agree Luis, my GT-R brother, but his first criterion was "convertible"...

I agree Luis, my GT-R brother, but his first criterion was "convertible"...

Yes, the first criteria was a top that goes down.....sadly to say this desire has caused me to cross over to the dark side (British cars) a time or two and even to a Chrysler! Top's got to go down!

Archived