TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Defective Clutch

computermike

Please help, I am having trouble getting my clutch fixed. Need documentation, advice or any help fighting dealership.

My dealer is giving me hard time to replace clutch that is slipping after 7500 miles. I have seen a quite a few people having trouble with their clutch on line, have seen Technical Service Bulletins from Ford all describing a clutch that is hard to get into first, chatters, then slips. This is exactly what happend to my clutch. And, apparently this problem was fixed in late 2008 when they fixed.

My 3 year warranty expired in Nov, but I bought extended warranty. Warranty company is saying it is not covered under extended, just original 3 year, Ford denies any financial assistance, dealer won't help either and wants $3000. I finally got then to look at it, they say they will take out transmission, take pics of clutch and send to Ford, then they will fix if deemed defective or will give me back GT500 still broken with $1000 bill.

I am looking for any insight that might help me resolve, if worse comes to worse I will take them to small claims court, so any documentation or knowledge that might help me build case would help.

Thanks Mike

missing my Tourch Red 2007 GT500

Good Luck...you should have taken it in prior to the 3 year warranty running out...there have been several TSB's on the clutch issues and it probably would have been fixed under those...now, I'm afraid you are at their mercy...even though you only have 7500 miles on it...Plus, be aware that if you have stomped it at all, the computer will reveal this to them....

Good Luck...you should have taken it in prior to the 3 year warranty running out...there have been several TSB's on the clutch issues and it probably would have been fixed under those...now, I'm afraid you are at their mercy...even though you only have 7500 miles on it...Plus, be aware that if you have stomped it at all, the computer will reveal this to them....

Yeah I know...I need luck, I never noticed the problem until after 3 year ran out, except for the trouble getting it into first.

I have never done a burn out and I don't think I have ever even floored it before. I have got on it, but just to make the super charger kick in.

Do you know where I can find all the TSBs???

Know when they Ford starting using another clutch in 2008, any documentation??

Welcome Mike to this site....You should do a search on the TSB on the defective clutch....There is alot of information on this issue....Before bombarding your dealer I would suggest having the right ammunition...meaning arm yourself with all th facts about your defective clutch and then present it to them but make sure you approach them the right way....Hope this helps and good luck....If you have any other information please feel free to contact me for your 2007 GT 500....Do not forget to register it with Shelby American for the registry....

Here is the link concerning the clutch http://www.teamshelb...h-tsb-09-19-11/

Alexandros

Welcome Mike to this site....You should do a search on the TSB on the defective clutch....There is alot of information on this issue....Before bombarding your dealer I would suggest having the right ammunition...meaning arm yourself with all th facts about your defective clutch and then present it to them but make sure you approach them the right way....Hope this helps and good luck....If you have any other information please feel free to contact me for your 2007 GT 500....Do not forget to register it with Shelby American for the registry....

Here is the link concerning the clutch http://www.teamshelb...h-tsb-09-19-11/

Alexandros

Thanks Alexandros,

That is exactly what I am doing. I have let dealer know allot of this stuff already. Took Shelby in yesterday. Just looking for more info that I can let them know about.

I checked out the link you gave, yeah Grabber help me some already. I told the dealer exacactly what grabber suggested. Before, they just said no, when I told them what Grabber mentioned, they said they would remove tranny, take out clutch. Take some pics and send to Ford to determine if defective. Any clutch should last longer than 7500 miles. What a headache!!!!

Thanks again,

Mike

Maybe try a different dealer. If that doesn't help than I would do what SVTpower suggests, put in a SPEC or McLeod.

+1, good idea...for a different clutch and do not give up..that is what they want...if it is really defective, they should change it or come into an agreement with you....

Good luck,

Alexandros

Archived