TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Deal on #34 GT 500!

Joker45

I just got off of the phone with a dealer about 40 minutes away from me. Spoke to the salesman that wanted to set me up with the Manager for a personal tour and showing of the GT 500. Mind you this is one minute into the conversation. Then I ask what options and color do they have and he tells me that they have two in stock right now and that the Red/White that I want is a very low production number, Number 34 to be exact, and that he doesn't know the options but that they want $103,000 for it because it's such a low production number. :hysterical2: The other one that they have in is a White/Blue and they want $70,000 for it. He doesn't know the options on this one either but wants to sell it to me today. Asks me if I can drive up there right now to talk to the Sales Manager. I politely tell him I don't have the time today and I'll be in touch.

I stopped by my local dealer today and they have a Black/Grey and they want 25k ADM for it but they tell me they will sell it for $60,000 + TTL. They also said that it is the last one they are getting for the 2007 models. They got 2 and said they are getting their next 2008 in September. I thought that was interesting that they already know when they are getting the 2008's in.

How do they know what production number it is? The VINs aren't sequential.

I didn't bother to ask. I'm sure it's because they think they are and are just trying to pull some BS like alot of dealers. WOW #34 out of 7,000+ :finger:

I just got off of the phone with a dealer about 40 minutes away from me. Spoke to the salesman that wanted to set me up with the Manager for a personal tour and showing of the GT 500. Mind you this is one minute into the conversation. Then I ask what options and color do they have and he tells me that they have two in stock right now and that the Red/White that I want is a very low production number, Number 34 to be exact, and that he doesn't know the options but that they want $103,000 for it because it's such a low production number. :hysterical2: The other one that they have in is a White/Blue and they want $70,000 for it. He doesn't know the options on this one either but wants to sell it to me today. Asks me if I can drive up there right now to talk to the Sales Manager. I politely tell him I don't have the time today and I'll be in touch.

I stopped by my local dealer today and they have a Black/Grey and they want 25k ADM for it but they tell me they will sell it for $60,000 + TTL. They also said that it is the last one they are getting for the 2007 models. They got 2 and said they are getting their next 2008 in September. I thought that was interesting that they already know when they are getting the 2008's in.

Smells like Galpin Ford.

Everyone knows #1 is worth well over 600K!! :drop:

Actually Mr. $600,000 man (Ron Pratt), got #2. #1 is going to the museum. He ordered a Grabber Orange coupe with the stripe delete option.

Actually Mr. $600,000 man (Ron Pratt), got #2. #1 is going to the museum. He ordered a Grabber Orange coupe with the stripe delete option.

:redcard::redcard:

Well, I know your wrong about Pratts' car. His car is Grabber WITH Tungsten stripes.

He was awarded the first public car for purchase. Therefor, He has #1.

He also has the lowest production Ford GT being #3.

I was at the largest West Coast Ford Dealership back in Jul or Aug looking at a White and a Red GT500 when car #34 was sold for $85000. I was trying to find my old post from back then but am having trouble locating it. It was Red w/white stripes and they claimed it was production car #34 because the VIN# ended with 0034. Who knows - two car #34's?

Well, I know your wrong about Pratts' car. His car is Grabber WITH Tungsten stripes.

Actually, the first publicly available (2005-6) Ford GT was serial #10 and it was purchased by Jon Shirley (former Microsoft executive) who bought it at auction from Ford. The dealership I work for delivered this car to Mr. Shirley in August 2004 (I am that dealer's SVT Team Leader and was there for the event).

Click here to read the article on this GT's delivery.

Now, if you meant a classic Ford GT-40 from the 1960's, then accept my apologies.

I am most courious about how you know that I am wrong about my facts. I would be grateful if you would enlighten me about this.

I'm sorry wild, but nevermind. I really don't need to know why you believe that my information is wrong. Let's just leave it that I ABSOLUTLY KNOW FOR A 100,000% FACT what number and color 500 Mr. Pratt purchased for $600,000. Without going into personal information on how I know this to be FACT, I will let our good old website here prove it to you on my behalf. Please read the thread below and you will see the pictures of Mr. Pratt and Carroll SITTING IN MR. PRATT'S GO, (over the roof) STRIPE DELETED, GT500 SN#2.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=119

If you still don't believe after that, then I also recommend that you keep an eye out for the repeat showing of Barrett Jackson's "Life on the Block" second epsiode that aired on SPEED about two weeks ago. Towards the end of that epsiode you will see everything that happened at the factory the day Pratt picked his car up. If you still think that I am wrong after that, then PM me and I will share with you how and why I know that I am correct.

No :extinguish: on you my friend, none what so ever. I just get surprised at some "FACTS" that are really not as such.

I am most courious about how you know that I am wrong about my facts. I would be grateful if you would enlighten me about this.

fwiw - I saw the B-J special on Mr Pratt at the factory, and they filmed him in front of a GT500 with stripes and with Mr Shelby. The car had stripes over the top and on the sides. I'd have to assume it was his car they filmed.

They only showed the upper right hand portion of the window sticker (VIN 1ZVHT88S475200002), so that portion of the sticker doesn't mention whether it had stripes or not.

Based on the show, I'd say it has stripes. If someone wants to run the VIN ...

Please excuse the low tech method of the picture taken off the tv screen, but here is the image of Mr Pratt at the factory. Over his shoulder you can see the stripes.

post-7801-1168539700_thumb.jpg

post-7801-1168539700_thumb.jpg

fwiw - I saw the B-J special on Mr Pratt at the factory, and they filmed him in front of a GT500 with stripes and with Mr Shelby. The car had stripes over the top and on the sides. I'd have to assume it was his car they filmed.

They only showed the upper right hand portion of the window sticker (VIN 1ZVHT88S475200002), so that portion of the sticker doesn't mention whether it had stripes or not.

Based on the show, I'd say it has stripes. If someone wants to run the VIN ...

Please excuse the low tech method of the picture taken off the tv screen, but here is the image of Mr Pratt at the factory. Over his shoulder you can see the stripes.

Did B-J video him in front of a Grabber Orange GT500 that wasn't his?

Sorry, but I was modifing my original post while you guys were posting. Please re-read if you are interested.

Son,

Several photos down in the link you posted shows a Grabber Orange WITH stripes along with a caption mentioning something like it was the first GT500 sold to the public????

Understood. That car is not Mr. Pratt's car even though the caption lists it as the first car sold to the public. The capton is not accurate to the car shown. As stated and seen in the articial Mr. Pratt did indeed get a GO coupe with the Tungston "belly" stripe, but the roof stripes were deleted. My 500 is the GO vert that's sitting behind the striped GO coupe in the last photo. My 500 can also been seen for a brief second in the BJ episode too which I obviously got a big kick out of seeing on TV.

Now I'm really confused. In more than one place, that article mentions it has stripes.

The first paragraph:

(FLAT ROCK, MICHIGAN) StangsUnleashed.com watched as GT500s were rolling off the assembly line and Carroll Shelby handed the keys to the first Shelby GT500 (Grabber Orange with Tungsten Stripes) sold to the public to Ron Pratte, the winning bidder in a charity auction last January. This car was won for 600,000 from the Barret-Jackson auction house. All the proceeds went to Carroll Shelby's Childrens Charity.

Maybe somebody can run that VIN.

It also spells his name with a trailing 'e', which is correct. The article spells 'Barrett' incorrectly.

I just pulled an OASIS report on the VIN # 1ZVHT88S475200002 and it says the car was built June 13, 2006, official delivery to the customer was done on July 21, 2006 in Arizona, and that it is painted Valencia (Grabber Orange) with NO stripes listed. Fully loaded coupe (for a Job 1 car) with Sirius, Premium Interior, and Shaker 1000 with an MSRP of $45,060. Interestingly, it is reported as a "reacquired vehicle," as if it were bought back by Ford Motor Company. Might have something to do with the charity auction purchase as the original dealer it was shipped to was in Michigan, then the subsequent "official" purchase was through a local Arizona dealership.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 11 2007, 01:05 PM) 87756[/snapback]

I just pulled an OASIS report on the VIN # 1ZVHT88S475200002 and it says the car was built June 13, 2006, official delivery to the customer was done on July 21, 2006 in Arizona, and that it is painted Valencia (Grabber Orange) with NO stripes listed. Fully loaded coupe (for a Job 1 car) with Sirius, Premium Interior, and Shaker 1000 with an MSRP of $45,060. Interestingly, it is reported as a "reacquired vehicle," as if it were bought back by Ford Motor Company. Might have something to do with the charity auction purchase as the original dealer it was shipped to was in Michigan, then the subsequent "official" purchase was through a local Arizona dealership.

Now you opened a can of worms. I thought Job1 was built on June 7, 2006. Your saying it or at least maybe Job2 was built on June 13, 2006. What's the real deal?

Secondly, my car was built on June 15, 2006. If you are correct on June 13, 2006, then my car was built on the second day...holy crap! But my VIN ends in 201842. What do you think?

Thanks Five Oh :)

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 11 2007, 04:05 PM) 87756[/snapback]

I just pulled an OASIS report ... it is painted Valencia (Grabber Orange) with NO stripes listed.

Well that means the TV picture car is NOT the same car as the one with the window sticker.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 11 2007, 04:05 PM) 87756[/snapback]

... official delivery to the customer was done on July 21, 2006 in Arizona, ... Interestingly, it is reported as a "reacquired vehicle," as if it were bought back by Ford Motor Company. Might have something to do with the charity auction purchase as the original dealer it was shipped to was in Michigan, then the subsequent "official" purchase was through a local Arizona dealership.

Maybe because Barrett-Jackson is located in Arizona ?

Now you opened a can of worms. I thought Job1 was built on June 7, 2006. Your saying it or at least maybe Job2 was built on June 13, 2006. What's the real deal?

Secondly, my car was built on June 15, 2006. If you are correct on June 13, 2006, then my car was built on the second day...holy crap! But my VIN ends in 201842. What do you think?

Job 2 just started a couple weeks ago (refers to a running change in equipment during a model year). Job 1 was originally supposed to be the week of June 5th, 2006 and slipped a couple days. It was very slow going the first several days while they ramped up production of GT500's. The VIN # 200002 being referenced above shows to have been finished on June 13th (Tuesday). A Mustang is on the assembly line for over 30 hours, so it probably got onto the assembly line Friday the 9th or Monday the 12th. Who knows? Any way, cars are not built in sequential VIN # anyway. Our first GT500 had a VIN # with the last 6 digits 196XXX and it was built on June 12th. Your VIN is 5,000 numbers later, but remember there are V6 and GT Mustangs using VIN #'s in between.

So, correct me where I'm wrong here:

Mr Pratte has the first GT500 delivered to the public.

Mr Pratte does not have the lowest VIN sold to the public.

Mr Pratte does not have the first GT500 built for a retail customer.

If the above 3 are correct, for my $600k I'd rather have more than just the first publicly delivered GT500.

So, correct me where I'm wrong here:

Mr Pratte has the first GT500 delivered to the public. YES.

Mr Pratte does not have the lowest VIN sold to the public. No, he did. He recieved VIN #2, but no lower number was sold to the public

Mr Pratte does not have the first GT500 built for a retail customer. No, he does because VIN 001 stayed with FoMoCo.

If the above 3 are correct, for my $600k I'd rather have more than just the first publicly delivered GT500.

No arguement here.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jan 11 2007, 02:03 PM) 87771[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Job 2 just started a couple weeks ago (refers to a running change in equipment during a model year). Job 1 was originally supposed to be the week of June 5th, 2006 and slipped a couple days. It was very slow going the first several days while they ramped up production of GT500's. The VIN # 200002 being referenced above shows to have been finished on June 13th (Tuesday). A Mustang is on the assembly line for over 30 hours, so it probably got onto the assembly line Friday the 9th or Monday the 12th. Who knows? Any way, cars are not built in sequential VIN # anyway. Our first GT500 had a VIN # with the last 6 digits 196XXX and it was built on June 12th. Your VIN is 5,000 numbers later, but remember there are V6 and GT Mustangs using VIN #'s in between.

That's good news to me. I was advised that #12 was built on June 6th. If OASIS is showing the build (completion) date to be June 13th, then technically my car could have started being produced on my Birthday which is/was on the 11th. If that's true, I think that's very cool.

Thanks!

Son of GT,

The reason I thought Ron did not have the lowest VIN was because of post #26 in this thread and post #2 in the following thread:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5365

Five Oh B said their first 2007 GT500 had a VIN of 196XXX which would have made it lower than Mr Pratte's 200002 and being 3k-4k numerically lower, most likely built before Mr Pratte's.

edit:added post#'s

OK, here's the weird deal with 2007 Mustang VIN #'s. Traditionally, all vehicle lines (including Mustang) would have a VIN # sequence where the last 6 digits of the first one built would be 100001 (or sometimes 200001, 300001, 400001, etc. if more than one model line is built in the same factory so as to not confuse two VIN #'s that would have the same factory code in the VIN #). That would lead a rational person to believe that the first 2007 Mustang VIN # was 100001 (which it wasn't) or perhaps 200001 (seems more likely as most of the early 2007 Mustangs have a VIN ending with 2XXXXX). A rational person would then think that VIN # 200002 is the second 2007 Mustang VIN #. In almost every model year on almost every model line that appears to be correct.

However, there are a few forum members here who have 2007 Mustangs with VIN #'s in which the last 6 digits start with 196XXX, 197XXX, 198XXX, or 199XXX - not 2XXXXX. Our very first 2007 GT500 had a VIN ending in 196XXX and our very first 2007 Mustang GT Convertible had a VIN ending in 196XXX, as well. These were both regular production 2007 Mustangs - not some sort of VIP or Prototype car (which appear to have VIN's ending in 195XXX - look at some of the earliest prototype photos that Robert Lane posted here last spring). This would lead me to believe that Ford randomly started regular 2007 Mustang production with a VIN # ending in 196001. Keep in mind that Mustang shares Flat Rock with Mazda production, so the VIN # starting point would have to be different for Mustang vs Mazda so as to not confuse two VIN #'s that would have the same factory code in the VIN #. But why such a random and arbitrary starting point like 19XXXX and not an even number like 200001?

Can anyone with connections inside Flat Rock confirm this for us?

On a side note, Ford just scheduled our 5th and final 2007 GT500 to be built and its VIN # ends with 303XXX.

Archived