New Products

2005 -09 Mustang GT and Shelby GT

Real Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake

CFCAI-FMG-0509 $399

thumb2005-09%20GT%20CAI%20021.jpg

Painted Fiber glass Cold Air Intake

FPCAI-FMG-0509 $379

thumbDSC01115.JPG

Results below are on a GT, but on average we can produce 15 RWHP over and above your stock FRPP CAI the SGT comes with. Enjoy the read.:)

Finally we have released our Carbon Fiber CAI and color matched fiberglass kits for all 2005-09 Mustang GT’s. This monster is huge and looks awesome. With its 110mm MAF housing and 4.5” free flowing tube, it’s by far the largest you can get.

Why so big? Well, with many N/A 4.6’s hitting the 360-400 RWHP we saw room for air flow improvement. Not only that but the requests for a carbon fiber intake were overwhelming. We are currently checking to see if this fits with Saleen blower cars, which will benefit greatly from this monster.

We are currently conducting more tests on high HP cars, but so far have seen 10 RWHP gains in the 350 RWHP range.

We took a basically stock, 2005 Mustang GT that had only a JLT CAI and SCT tune package and did some more testing to check low end TQ gains or loses and idle MAF counts.

We strapped the car down and built our own custom tune for 93 fuel and made a couple runs. The car responded very well putting down 289 RWHP and 304 RWTQ. Not bad for nothing more then a JLT CAI and tune. We went on to test a few different tunes for the 89mm JLT CAI and then we installed the Carbon Fiber 110mm kit and custom tune. Idle was nice and smooth with crisp throttle response. A couple runs later we were happy to see we didn’t lose and TQ, but gained 3-4 ft lbs through out the RPM range. Peak gains went up to 293 RWHP and 308 RWTQ with HP and TQ gains from start to finish and this was on a hot engine.

We built this kit for higher horsepower cars, but learned it works just as well on a stocker. The kits are available alone or packaged with a SCT tuner and our custom tunes.

These kits are ready and shipping. You can find them here: JLT CAI packages 2005-09 Mustang GT and Shelby GT

Thank you

Jay Tucker

thumbJLT%2093%20tuned%2089mm%20vs%20110mm.jpg

This is a graph from an earlier JLT test on a Shelby GT using our regular 89mm CAI kit.tn_SHELBY%20GT%20JLT.jpg

Sounds good but if I read this correctly in order to get the HP gains mentioned the 93 octane tune is required. If that's the case, how much extra is the tune, and is there any advantage over the stock SGT intake if one doesn't also get the 93 tune? Or...maybe I completely misunderstood... :confused:

In order the change your CAI, you must retune and in order to retune you need a programmer, so we have it as a package. Plug and play right in your driveway.

This goes for all 2005 up Ford cars. When your Shelby was built, Shelby reflashed your computer to work with the larger MAF and filter. The tunes they use are very conservative and leave much room for improvement. We can tune your car for 91, 92, 93 or higher and the benefits go up along with the octane of fuel.

It's not only about the HP and TQ gains, we can custom tailor a tune to get you better throttle response as well. Your drive by wire throttle has a slight delay and we can make that much more crisp.

So we can smooth out the air flow over the stock rubber tube, improve drivability and as you can see in the 2nd dyno graph, increase power by quite a bit.

Remember, the first graph is my JLT CAI vs. my new JLT 110mm kit. The 2nd graph is a test we did with out JLT CAI vs. a stock Shelby GT equip with the FRPP CAI and tune.

Thanks for the questions, I hope this helps.

Jay

Jay,

How difficult of an install is this package? I am not a mechanic by any means but I am not afraid to try new things. (I installed my driving lights and bezels). If a mechanic would be better, how many hours should it take? I am trying to get a handle on the total price. Finally doe the flash take into account if I were to change from the 3.55 rear end to 3.73, Or would I have to purchase yet another tune? Thanks for your input.

Scott

The install is simple. The tuner comes with easy directions and walks you through the job. Not to mention, I can walk you through it over the phone, but I'm sure you can get it.

The tuner has full user adjustability for things like gear changes, reading and clearing trouble codes, timing and fuel changes and more. Plus as long as I know of the gear change before it ships, I can do it in the tune, so you don't have to do anything but select "JLT Tune" on the tuner.

We will be working on a replacement Whipple tube in the coming weeks. It will be a direct replacement tube in real Carbon Fiber.

Thanks

Jay

Jay,

I already have the SCT X3 tuner with some tunes for my SGT. Do you have a package with the CAI kit and just a tune file?

Thanks,

Jim

Sure we can.

I'll just need the serial # from the tuner, your computer code and all mods.

Give us a call when your ready.

Jay

Sure we can.

I'll just need the serial # from the tuner, your computer code and all mods.

Give us a call when your ready.

Jay

Jay,

One more question. Do you guys have experience in making tunes for the Shelby GT? The reason I ask is that our cars come with a Ford Racing tune and not the stock factory tune. I have tunes from Brenspeed and Bama. Brenspeed had no trouble in creating tunes for my 2007 Shelby GT (early model s/n 0384). Bama, on the other hand, had considerable trouble getting it right. It took several attempts by them to get a 93 octane Race Tune that would actually start the car (it cranked but wouldn't start). I liked the tune so much (once it worked) that I actually purchased a 93 Torque Tune. They could never get that one to start the car so I had to ask for a refund. Since then Bama has refused to create tunes for the Shelby GT.

So, if I buy the CAI and tune from you guys, can you create a tune that works???

Jay,

One more question. Do you guys have experience in making tunes for the Shelby GT? The reason I ask is that our cars come with a Ford Racing tune and not the stock factory tune. I have tunes from Brenspeed and Bama. Brenspeed had no trouble in creating tunes for my 2007 Shelby GT (early model s/n 0384). Bama, on the other hand, had considerable trouble getting it right. It took several attempts by them to get a 93 octane Race Tune that would actually start the car (it cranked but wouldn't start). I liked the tune so much (once it worked) that I actually purchased a 93 Torque Tune. They could never get that one to start the car so I had to ask for a refund. Since then Bama has refused to create tunes for the Shelby GT.

So, if I buy the CAI and tune from you guys, can you create a tune that works???

That's very odd, Doug knows his stuff. :headscratch:

The only thing that may cause a glitch is Shelby tunes "something" change the computers stragety and the tune won't load. At that point you can read the new stragety with the tuner and we can create the tune that will work.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the SGT is basiclly a GT with a FRPP CAI on it and a tune for it to work, but like I said if Shelby's code doesn't match the code on your computer box that's when you'd have a problem and that is a simple fix.

Brenspeed is a dealer of ours and has tuned several of these new 110mm kits. So you might want to have him send you an updated tune if your happy with his tuning. Either way will work.

Thanks

Jay

Archived