TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stain removal

TxCan

Got my car a few weeks back and was given it a third or fourth going over, had a few at the dealership before leaving also. During the 1st cleaning / wiping down I noticed a yellow / brown stain under the front wheel well area. It's on both sides of the car on the area that wraps under the wheel well, on the front side, covers about 12" or so. It looks like something was sprayed there, I didn't get the undercoat protection, so not sure what it is. I have tried to remove it using the decal remover, that worked great on the area were they put the dealer sticker that I specifically asked not to have on the car. Anyway, need some help on what to try to get this stuff off, bug and tar remover?? Not going back to the dealer, weather and roads suck up here this time of year, barely got it home before the roads got crappy again.

Got my car a few weeks back and was given it a third or fourth going over, had a few at the dealership before leaving also. During the 1st cleaning / wiping down I noticed a yellow / brown stain under the front wheel well area. It's on both sides of the car on the area that wraps under the wheel well, on the front side, covers about 12" or so. It looks like something was sprayed there, I didn't get the undercoat protection, so not sure what it is. I have tried to remove it using the decal remover, that worked great on the area were they put the dealer sticker that I specifically asked not to have on the car. Anyway, need some help on what to try to get this stuff off, bug and tar remover?? Not going back to the dealer, weather and roads suck up here this time of year, barely got it home before the roads got crappy again.

First,dont use any acetone basewd cleaner--itll take clear and paint off the car.Not sure if your referring to a painted area or the black paint in the wheel well,But in either case,if its just on top of a painted area Id use Meguairs #3 and try and rub it out.#3 is a very light compound, i use it to get light scratches off my cars.If that doesn t work well, try the #2,its a little heavier. The heaviest is#1, but thats a seriious compound and will take off paint/clear.But if it the wheel well, its not cleared anyway.After you get the yellow out, use Meguiars #9 swirl remover.Make sure you aplly the stuff in a circular motion,not striaght lines.If this doesnt work, id bring it bcal because it'll need to be re-piented. You can get all the Meguairs stuff off Amazon.com--good luck and let us know how it worked.NAPA has the Meguiars stuff too,but not alwats in stock

I had a light film of what appeared to be overspray on both sides of the rear quarter area, I used a clay bar and it removed it all.

The clay will remove any surface crud and prepare the surface for wax and polish.

Good Luck

Archived