TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a 2011 500

Ezkill

I don't have a lot of posts but I read these forums almost religously and have done so for a very long time. Didn't get around to registering a profile until August of this year because I just usually don't have a lot to say. However I feel like I know a lot of you better then you know me because I've been following all the forums on here for so long. I've followed along on all of the forums and feel like I know some of you quite well as you share a lot of things on these forums.

I was probably born in the wrong generation as my lovely wife keeps telling me. I've always loved the old muscle cars and the shelby was something that I've coveted since I was a little kid. In high school while kids were buying and dreaming of current models I went shopping for a 30 year old car and ended up finding a 1969 Camaro that I could afford. That was my first car and I have it to this day. However the Shelby has always eluded me. I was never able to find a classic shelby for a price that I liked. Then 2007 rolled around and the new Shelby's where here...but the timing was completely wrong so I waited some more. Now we're into the 2011 model year and the wait is nearly over. I've wanted one of these cars for 20 some odd years. It's likely only guys on this forum won't think that it's completely bat shit crazy to want a vehicle for 20 some odd years.

I was apprehensive about posting my order until I got a few confirmations from my dealer(I didn't want to jinx it!). Now that everything is confirmed and he's managed to remove the SVT package from my order I feel I can at last share the news. Basically they are getting one Shelby for now as they found on Thursday and that order luckily is mine. I removed the SVT package this morning....it's actually a pretty good deal being only a 2000 dollar option in Canada but I can't stomache the stripes. Being that the wheels aren't actually wider either and I don't particularily like the look of them removing it is the right option for me.

If all goes well I'll be one of the club in 3-4 months.

I removed the SVT package this morning....it's actually a pretty good deal being only a 2000 dollar option in Canada but I can't stomache the stripes.

Hey, I'm from Toronto!... I just put my order in on Saturday so I'm still waiting to hear about my VIN.. but the dealer said I was the first to order at his dealership so hopefully that's a good thing!

Where did you order your car and if you don't mine my asking, what did you agree to pay prior to removing the SVT Package?

Congrats man!

Hey, I'm from Toronto!... I just put my order in on Saturday so I'm still waiting to hear about my VIN.. but the dealer said I was the first to order at his dealership so hopefully that's a good thing!

Where did you order your car and if you don't mine my asking, what did you agree to pay prior to removing the SVT Package?

Congrats man!

I'll PM you. Given that we have purchased literally 100's of vehicles from this dealer for work they tend to give me a bit of a break on pricing.

Archived