TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Is A Maintenance Date?

07-SHLB

Called today about my car and was told it had a last "Maintenance Date" of 01-08-07, but was on hold for material availabilty. What does "Maintenance Date" mean? Was told by CSR that it was the last date something was done to my car. Anyone know where this puts my car in the process?? Does anyone know if this means the car is produced...I have no VIN #.

P.S. How do I find out who my Zone Rep or Regional Manager is?

Called today about my car and was told it had a last "Maintenance Date" of 01-08-07, but was on hold for material availabilty. What does "Maintenance Date" mean? Was told by CSR that it was the last date something was done to my car. Anyone know where this puts my car in the process?? Does anyone know if this means the car is produced...I have no VIN #.

Maintenance date is the last date on which your order was "evaluated" to see if the status needs changed. The systems are not updated every hour or every day. If you are on material hold...then nothing has been done yet, hang tight. Read the FAQ section in the new arrivals area for more info.

As for your zone rep, ask your dealer. Of course they'll want to know WHY you want their name.

Dave

Last Maintenance Date refers to any time that anything happens with the car. For example, if it goes from paint to trim, there is a maintenance date that corresponds.

Material hold doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have the widgets (or whatever) to build your car. It generally means that the materials aren't there because your car isn't ready for production yet. You can do a search for the production processes on this site as they have been detailed many times.

If they don't have a VIN for your car, it is not produced. Look up the processes and you'll see what I mean.

Your dealership sales manager can get you the zone reps name, but probably won't do so as it will only piss off the rep. Make friends with the sales manager or finance person. They will be the ones with access to help you.

Good luck.

bj

Welcome to the board, 07-SHLB! and welcome to the Material Hold Club. I've been a member of the MHC since March 06! :banghead:

What option(s) has put your car on MHC for so long?

I am a member of the SHC - Spouse Hold Club. In other words, she won't let me buy one.

I've been on material hold so long because I'm getting mine from a very small, non-SVT dealer with extremely low mustang sales. That puts them at the bottom of the priority list for Shelby builds.

Sorry about the SHC membership. :doh:

2008 allocations are not out yet. :headscratch:

Hence our confussion...A CSR told the wife that a "Maintenance Date" meant our car was actually in production and that periodically things were being done on it & recorded with maintenance dates...We know better now - Thanks

Archived