TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2009 Headlight Differences

ctmars02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at buying the attached 2009 GT-500. The problem I have with the car is that it has the headlights that were used on the 2007, rather than on the 2009. That suggest to me that the car has been wrecked, and the headlights replaced with the 2007 version rather than the 2009 version. The CarFax is clean on the car and does not show anything as far as a wreck/damage on the car. Also, the car has a manufactured date of 9/08.

Does anyone else have another explaination as to why the car would not have the regular 2009 headlights?

Thanks for the help.

post-27218-126559285065_thumb.jpg

post-27218-126559288037_thumb.jpg

post-27218-126559285065_thumb.jpg

post-27218-126559288037_thumb.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at buying the attached 2009 GT-500. The problem I have with the car is that it has the headlights that were used on the 2007, rather than on the 2009. That suggest to me that the car has been wrecked, and the headlights replaced with the 2007 version rather than the 2009 version. The CarFax is clean on the car and does not show anything as far as a wreck/damage on the car. Also, the car has a manufactured date of 9/08.

Does anyone else have another explaination as to why the car would not have the regular 2009 headlights?

Thanks for the help.

This car is a 2009, they or the dealer didn't order the HID headlamps on this car. they must have wanted to keep the car cost down. If it had it it would say

HID headlamps

I have seen two other 2009's like this dont worry my friend. Just add the option.

Jason

My car had everything except the sirius satellite radio. I am adding to my car now. my car is a 2008 GT500 red and white , NAV, HID, Ambient light,Gt500 trim package, red interior.

The sticker you show doesn't show HID headlights as a option. The ambiant lighting is an interior option. That car comes equiped with the regular lighting the way I see it.

It isn't marked as an option because all '09's have the HID's. I would be suspicious too. It's a buyers market, keep shopping and get what you want.

I don't think the HID headlights were standard equipment on the 09 GT500. If they were I think it would say so on the left side of the window sticker under standard equipment. The HID lights were optional on the 08.

I just looked at my copy of the 09 Mustang brochure and it does not list HID headlights as standard features for the GT500 but does list it on the next page under optional equipment for the GT500.

I don't think the HID headlights were standard equipment on the 09 GT500. If they were I think it would say so on the left side of the window sticker under standard equipment. The HID lights were optional on the 08.

I just looked at my copy of the 09 Mustang brochure and it does not list HID headlights as standard features for the GT500 but does list it on the next page under optional equipment for the GT500.

HID headlights are a $525 option. I am looking at my sticker now and it has it on the optional equipment. I hope that helps.

just be glad you did get the 09....I wish I even had an option to add HID lighting in my 07....in fact I got a very early 07 (delivered back in OCT of 06) and there was no ordering, you just got whatever came in, I couldn't even get a Shaker 1000 system in it and forget all the interior lighting and other options you guys have.

This car is a 2009, they or the dealer didn't order the HID headlamps on this car. they must have wanted to keep the car cost down. If it had it it would say

HID headlamps

I have seen two other 2009's like this dont worry my friend. Just add the option.

Jason

My car had everything except the sirius satellite radio. I am adding to my car now. my car is a 2008 GT500 red and white , NAV, HID, Ambient light,Gt500 trim package, red interior.

Have you or anyone else found a good aftermarket (or OEM) way to add HID lights to the non-equipped early models? My wife's new Caddy has them and they are pretty cool.

HID headlights are a $525 option. I am looking at my sticker now and it has it on the optional equipment. I hope that helps.

I can't recall the price but I think the actual Ford HIDs are spendy to add or replace.

• 3 weeks later...

HIDs were a $525 option on my '09 also. They're okay, but I'm not convinced they're worth $525.

Before spending a lot of money to upgrade I would want to see a side-by-side comparison between two GT500s, both with OEM susp height. JMHO :shift:

HIDs were a $525 option on my '09 also. They're okay, but I'm not convinced they're worth $525.

Before spending a lot of money to upgrade I would want to see a side-by-side comparison between two GT500s, both with OEM susp height. JMHO :shift:

You must not do any night driving!! There is a big difference between the HID and Standard lighting. It's definitely worth it.

My '09 KR has the HID option, but my '08 Bullitt has the standard halogen lamps... The HIDs are brighter, but it's not a huge difference. If you get a car you like without the factory HID lamps, you can either upgrade the halogens to brighter bulbs (like the Silverstar) or add an aftermarket HID kit. Check out: HIDguy There are probably also less costly kits around, if you do some shopping.

Archived