TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby - What is This?

springer

Found this on ebay, and they say it is an authorized Shelby based on a new Mustang. Maybe it is just somebody's imagination playing with Paintshop Pro.

The company making it is called Retrobuilt. And, they do have a website. http://www.retrobuilt.com/home.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Mustang-GT-1969-Shelby-GT-500-CS-by-Retrobuilt_W0QQitemZ190371039868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c52ff8a7c

post-26281-126555229552_thumb.jpg

post-26281-126555229552_thumb.jpg

Found this on ebay, and they say it is an authorized Shelby based on a new Mustang. Maybe it is just somebody's imagination playing with Paintshop Pro.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Mustang-GT-1969-Shelby-GT-500-CS-by-Retrobuilt_W0QQitemZ190371039868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c52ff8a7c

I think it could look better if the bottom rockers and front / rear valances were painted flat black. The lower front valance looks to be joined to the front fenders with filler, not cool, could just be the pix?. It would be nicer with a 07-11 GT500 front clip. The rest of what we see looks good IMO. 1970 Take 2.

Edit: It would also look much better in my garage or going down the road with stuff flying by in a blur.

For a prototype of a '70 throwback, I think they did a pretty good job. I agree that it does need a little refinement, but it could turn out cool with a little extra effort.

After visiting their website, this appears to be a legitimate car, although I find it odd that it has not been discussed here before. As far as aesthetics go, The '69 - '70 Shelbys were one of my favorite designs and you have to give them some credit for taking on this project.

Personally, I give them "two thumbs up" for what they have done with the car. Although I owned a 1966 and 1968 Shelby, I never was able to negotiate the purchase of a 1969 Shelby due to the "wife factor" which stalled the negotiation process.

Maybe it's time to find a 2005 GT Mustang and see what they can do with it. What say you, birthday boy Jim from San Diego?

I find it odd that it has not been discussed here before.

Actually, this has been discussed on here multiple times over the past couple years. Do a search on Retrobuilt. The designer from there, Tony, has been on here a couple times, goes by "Retromods"

It is a real car and was first shown in Las Vegas during the SEMA show. Retrobuilt contacted us during the prototype construction as it incorporates our new Twist Lock Style of Quik-Latch hood pins that we make. www.q-latch.com. From what I hear it's a very nice job and it is endorsed by Shelby as I have one of the advertising cards for the car.

Archived