TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner shocked at what's missing on my Shelby!

lark830

UPDATE:

So I contacted Ford Customer Relations and told them about my missing trunk lid S H E L B Y emblem, and they told me to take it to any dealer and they will sort it out.

Which is in fact what I did, or attempted to do. I didn't want to drive 3 hours back to San Diego to get them $70 part put on, then drive back, especially with gas prices, and the inconvenience factor, so I took it to Galpin Ford, which is 3 miles down the street from me.

So, I take it there and the first person I dealt with after telling him the story, was immediately dismissive, defensive, and skeptical...Which I don't blame them, to a certain extent.

He told me that Ford will deny my claim since the dealer who I purchased the vehicle from, signed off on the car and it's entirely possible that the dealer damaged the trunk, had it fixed, and forgot to re-apply the emblem. Therefore, it should be handled by them! I told him I spoke with Ford Customer Relations and they told me any dealer would help me out....

Anyway, we went back and forth for a minute, then I was passed on to the assistant service manager there, his name is Johnny. Initially, Johnny was very cool and helpful. I didn't have to sell him on my issue, he just ordered the emblem in front of me and told me he would contact me in a few days to have it installed. I said great! While waiting, I pulled up pictures of the car on the showroom floor in San Diego to show him how the letters were not there.

"No need to show me, I believe you!" he said...

Fast forward to a few hours ago today. I get a call from the same gentleman, Johnny, the ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER, at Galpin Ford, who has totally flipped his position, and feeds me this line of BS...

"Hi Kenny, this is Johnny. Apparently, with the VIN number, that particular Shelby doesn't come with the emblem on the back, so I can't help you out. Only the Super Snakes that come from the actual Shelby shop in Vegas, applies those."

I lost it!!!! I told him how that was complete bullshit, and I know Shelby's backwards and forwards, and that this car should have an emblem on the trunklid. I told him I know all about the Shelby location in Vegas, and it had nothing to do with my car, which was build in Michigan. I'm from Detroit...

I said I wanted to talk to his boss...

"Well, that's not going to change anything" he said...

I hung up and immediately called customer relations to report this guy, and to file a complaint about his blatant attempt to deceive and lie about what my car should have on it.

The dealer not wanting to put the emblem on because I didn't buy it there is one thing, but say that, and not "it doesn't come with an emblem!"

Ford Customer Relations immediately called the guy, while I was on hold, and told me to expect a call back from him either today or tomorrow. I would love to know what she told him!!

Anyway, I'll let you guys know the next chapter tomorrow.

A dealership's reputation is made or broken by the service it provides the public. This guy has absolutely ruined my experience with this dealership! I will never buy another car from them again! I bought my last mustang GT from them in 2008, and planned on getting the new 5.0 mustang for my brother when it comes out this spring.

How low can you go, I wanna ask this guy.

You know what at 3,500 miles?

- My hood is crooked

- The right exhaust tip sits about 10mm lower than the left tip

- Both exhausts leak from rear of the muffler (drips appear under the rear of each)

- The seat belt is fraying

- Chipped door along the crease

- Moaning when turning at slow speeds

- Hood stuck and doesn't open without a heavy lift of both hands and a little "push up/down"

- more tomorrow will be found

In other words, I gave Ford my last chance of anything quality. This car does not feel like a Shelby or anything special. It feels like a GT-rebadge with a 5.4l stuffed inside and some fancy plastic, crappy seats, and purple micro dots etched into the dash.

I'm selling for a P-car.

That really stinks and all too unfortunately echos the run ins I've had getting service or warranty work on my previous Ford purchases in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. This is the #1 hurdle for me in choosing to go with Ford for my next vehicle instead of spending the $50k on a luxury SUV or car from BMW or Infiniti.

Maybe to get this settled you could ask the dealer that you bought the car from to order the letters for you and then mail them to you. Then buy a template and do it yourself. There is a video by one of our members on his letter install using the template. I think JLT sells the template for about $20.

Maybe to get this settled you could ask the dealer that you bought the car from to order the letters for you and then mail them to you. Then buy a template and do it yourself. There is a video by one of our members on his letter install using the template. I think JLT sells the template for about $20.

I did exactly that...But, the 2010 Shelby has different spacing, if I'm not mistaken. I emailed JLT last week and asked them if the spacing between the letter's of the 2009 was identical to the newer model, but I haven't heard back from them.

I did see on other forums people mentioning that its completely different spacing. Anyway, I shouldn't have to do this! Ford should! Doesn't matter which dealer, it's a very small issue that can be taken care of quickly, and I don't understand what the big issue is. I would do it myself, but not all people are good at doing things like this, I am one of them! LOL...

So the S H E L B Y letters I got from the dealer I purchased the vehicle from yesterday via UPS sit here on my counter waiting to be installed. Coincidently, it looks like they are in a template already. But, I don't know for sure if that's what this is. The letters are encased in a foam-like strip, but dimensions of the foam don't seem to be symmetrical.

Has anyone ever used it to apply their letters to a 2010 shelby?

post-27112-12665552751_thumb.jpg

post-27112-12665552751_thumb.jpg

UPDATE:

So I contacted Ford Customer Relations and told them about my missing trunk lid S H E L B Y emblem, and they told me to take it to any dealer and they will sort it out.

Which is in fact what I did, or attempted to do. I didn't want to drive 3 hours back to San Diego to get them $70 part put on, then drive back, especially with gas prices, and the inconvenience factor, so I took it to Galpin Ford, which is 3 miles down the street from me.

So, I take it there and the first person I dealt with after telling him the story, was immediately dismissive, defensive, and skeptical...Which I don't blame them, to a certain extent.

He told me that Ford will deny my claim since the dealer who I purchased the vehicle from, signed off on the car and it's entirely possible that the dealer damaged the trunk, had it fixed, and forgot to re-apply the emblem. Therefore, it should be handled by them! I told him I spoke with Ford Customer Relations and they told me any dealer would help me out....

Anyway, we went back and forth for a minute, then I was passed on to the assistant service manager there, his name is Johnny. Initially, Johnny was very cool and helpful. I didn't have to sell him on my issue, he just ordered the emblem in front of me and told me he would contact me in a few days to have it installed. I said great! While waiting, I pulled up pictures of the car on the showroom floor in San Diego to show him how the letters were not there.

"No need to show me, I believe you!" he said...

Fast forward to a few hours ago today. I get a call from the same gentleman, Johnny, the ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER, at Galpin Ford, who has totally flipped his position, and feeds me this line of BS...

"Hi Kenny, this is Johnny. Apparently, with the VIN number, that particular Shelby doesn't come with the emblem on the back, so I can't help you out. Only the Super Snakes that come from the actual Shelby shop in Vegas, applies those."

I lost it!!!! I told him how that was complete bullshit, and I know Shelby's backwards and forwards, and that this car should have an emblem on the trunklid. I told him I know all about the Shelby location in Vegas, and it had nothing to do with my car, which was build in Michigan. I'm from Detroit...

I said I wanted to talk to his boss...

"Well, that's not going to change anything" he said...

I hung up and immediately called customer relations to report this guy, and to file a complaint about his blatant attempt to deceive and lie about what my car should have on it.

The dealer not wanting to put the emblem on because I didn't buy it there is one thing, but say that, and not "it doesn't come with an emblem!"

Ford Customer Relations immediately called the guy, while I was on hold, and told me to expect a call back from him either today or tomorrow. I would love to know what she told him!!

Anyway, I'll let you guys know the next chapter tomorrow.

A dealership's reputation is made or broken by the service it provides the public. This guy has absolutely ruined my experience with this dealership! I will never buy another car from them again! I bought my last mustang GT from them in 2008, and planned on getting the new 5.0 mustang for my brother when it comes out this spring.

How low can you go, I wanna ask this guy.

When I was first looking to buy my car I gave Galpin a try and had a horrible experience with them. I ended up going on to their website and left a comment saying how bad the experience was. The next day I received a call from a guy saying he worked directly for the GM apologizing for my bad experience and asked if there was anything he could do to help. I told him I appreciated the call but it was too late and I found another dealership to sell me a car. Later that day I was actually signing the paperwork for my car when the GM at Galpin called and left a voicemail also apologizing. I hope the salesman I dealt with got laid off.

I did exactly that...But, the 2010 Shelby has different spacing, if I'm not mistaken. I emailed JLT last week and asked them if the spacing between the letter's of the 2009 was identical to the newer model, but I haven't heard back from them.

I did see on other forums people mentioning that its completely different spacing. Anyway, I shouldn't have to do this! Ford should! Doesn't matter which dealer, it's a very small issue that can be taken care of quickly, and I don't understand what the big issue is. I would do it myself, but not all people are good at doing things like this, I am one of them! LOL...

So the S H E L B Y letters I got from the dealer I purchased the vehicle from yesterday via UPS sit here on my counter waiting to be installed. Coincidently, it looks like they are in a template already. But, I don't know for sure if that's what this is. The letters are encased in a foam-like strip, but dimensions of the foam don't seem to be symmetrical.

That does look like a template. I didn’t know if the layout for your year was the same as mine. Maybe you could ask the dealer if you could get a reputable auto body shop or a stripe contractor to put them on and send the bill to the dealer.

I know what you are going through. I had a problem with my hood stripes, it took the dealer a year to make arrangements to have them changed. I had scratches on both stripes when I bought the car. After the dealers stripe contractor got done with it the new stripes they had more scratches than the original stripes, a tear and bubbles. I asked the dealer if they could order me new stripes and let me pick the contractor that I wanted to use for the job. They got me the stripes, I took them to my stripe contractor and had them put on. The contractor called the dealer and they paid for the install within 2 days.

I did a search and found the membre who changed his letters with a template.Heres a link

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49123-blacked-out-emblemspics/page__p__820278__hl__shelby%20letters__fromsearch__1entry820278

His name is 2sharpie

PM him and see what advice he can give--hope it works for you--bob

I did a search and found the membre who changed his letters with a template.Heres a link

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49123-blacked-out-emblemspics/page__p__820278__hl__shelby%20letters__fromsearch__1entry820278

His name is 2sharpie

PM him and see what advice he can give--hope it works for you--bob

Half way home... Galpin finally ordered the nameplate today. Expected to be in Monday. That was AFTER I was on the phone with Customer Relations again today for an hour trying to convince them too that the word S H E L B Y is supposed to be on the back of this vehicle. The lady I was dealing with on the phone was taking their word over at Galpin that it didn't go on this particular Shelby! lol... I was livid and floored that these people don't know there own products and was too lazy to do a little research to find out. I had to ask the customer relations rep to go on their own website and look at the car to see the emblem on the back, to which she finally did, and confirmed it does in fact belong there! Are you fuggin' kidding me?!!

I have zero confidence in Ford's customer relations department after they sided with Galpin on bogus information.

Do I expect everyone to know EVERYTHING about a small side project that Ford does with Shelby? No, but I do expect them to investigate the issue independently of what an uncooperative dealer is telling them is the truth.

Half way home... Galpin finally ordered the nameplate today. Expected to be in Monday. That was AFTER I was on the phone with Customer Relations again today for an hour trying to convince them too that the word S H E L B Y is supposed to be on the back of this vehicle. The lady I was dealing with on the phone was taking their word over at Galpin that it didn't go on this particular Shelby! lol... I was livid and floored that these people don't know there own products and was too lazy to do a little research to find out. I had to ask the customer relations rep to go on their own website and look at the car to see the emblem on the back, to which she finally did, and confirmed it does in fact belong there! Are you fuggin' kidding me?!!

I have zero confidence in Ford's customer relations department after they sided with Galpin on bogus information.

Do I expect everyone to know EVERYTHING about a small side project that Ford does with Shelby? No, but I do expect them to investigate the issue independently of what an uncooperative dealer is telling them is the truth.

lark830, sorry about what you are going through. I live in Valencia, near magic mountain, and have dealt with galpin also. I have a black and grabber blue 2010 that I bought in Denver, and had it shipped here, because Galpin wanted 20,000 over sticker. I paid under sticker, including shipping, and this is back in August of last year. I got one of the first ones. My left rear bumper did not line up with the left rear fender, I took it to galpin and was told this is "normal" and that it could not be fixed. I disagreed, and the service advisor treated me like I was insane. Well, now there is a TSB fix for this. Imagine that! I have bought 2 saleens and a mach 1 from galpin, and they still wanted 20K over sticker. Nice customer loyalty. You should take your car to the knotts show this April. Its awesome. pm me if you want to go, as I am going to drive my shelby. Also, I had a 2007 GT500, and put the rear letters on myself, with a template, It is really very easy. The 2007 GT500's had the letters in the left rear, so I moved them. Check out my picture. Good luck.

post-5933-126664775529_thumb.jpg

post-5933-126664778108_thumb.jpg

lark830, sorry about what you are going through. I live in Valencia, near magic mountain, and have dealt with galpin also. I have a black and grabber blue 2010 that I bought in Denver, and had it shipped here, because Galpin wanted 20,000 over sticker. I paid under sticker, including shipping, and this is back in August of last year. I got one of the first ones. My left rear bumper did not line up with the left rear fender, I took it to galpin and was told this is "normal" and that it could not be fixed. I disagreed, and the service advisor treated me like I was insane. Well, now there is a TSB fix for this. Imagine that! I have bought 2 saleens and a mach 1 from galpin, and they still wanted 20K over sticker. Nice customer loyalty. You should take your car to the knotts show this April. Its awesome. pm me if you want to go, as I am going to drive my shelby. Also, I had a 2007 GT500, and put the rear letters on myself, with a template, It is really very easy. The 2007 GT500's had the letters in the left rear, so I moved them. Check out my picture. Good luck.

Sorry here is the 07 with the letters moved that I installed with the template.

post-5933-126664800833_thumb.jpg

Sorry here is the 07 with the letters moved that I installed with the template.

thanks for the reply bro...I've seen the video and posts about owners applying the letters themselves, but i have never seen anyone with a 2010 do it. the trunk is completely different than the older models, so the measurements are different as well. i guess i could do it to 2009 specs, but with the trunk having a curve, i don' t know if that would interfere with placement.

i wish i was a do it yourselfer in that regard, but i'm not. i'm a musician, and not the type of guy who can do all the mods most of you are dong on this forum.

:)

k

Car went in the shop to have the Shelby letters attached to the rear deck lid finally. Also will have my rear stripe replaced due to part of one coming off. I also have a spring popping in the lower seat, almost like in a mattress.

This is not the start I had in mind with my new Shelby.

Dealers and Ford CS don't care, the damn execs need to deal with it:

Mark Fields

President of the Americas

Tel: 313-594-2264

Fax: 313-390-5182

mfields@ford.com

Jamal Hameedi

SVT Chief Nameplate Engineer

jhameedi@ford.com

We have all gone through normal channels. I had to use the above 2 contacts to finally get Ford to pay attention to my issues. Mark Fields responded to me personally and Ford executive offices called me and assisted me. The dealer that didn't give a shit and made my buying experience the most awful EVER was Drew Ford in San Diego. It is pathetic that you have to go all the way to SENIOR management these days for anyone to care after you drop $50,000 on a company's product.

I hope Ford pays attention to their Customer Satisfaction Surveys. I very accurately and without emotion filled mine for Drew Ford. I hope they fail to achieve a President's Award this year.

Finally got my car back with the shelby letters installed. i'm pretty satisfied. I guess at this point, it's more of a mental thing to get over, since it feels like they were added as an afterthought. lol...

now, i have to go to the stripe installed this week... sigh.

Archived