TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shipping to Vegas

shelbytexan

I'm planning to possibly send my car to Vegas from Houston in April and i'm wondering who the good shippers are and about what i am looking at in price for round trip . The more i spend in transportation cost , the less money for mods. Icould drive it there and fly home but i don't care to put a lot of miles on the car just for that. I got a price from Accurate transportation for 2800.00 for round trip but that seems a little steep to me.These people were recommended by Shelby so i'm sure they are good. If i were having a car supersnaked then that might be alright but i'm just having my SGT supercharged and gauges at this point. Any ideas.

I would drive it given it's April and from Houston. More $$$ for mods and to me miles = enjoyment.

Of course that's me and I can't personally see keeping the car for years with low miles so some rich guy can buy it after I'm gone. I keep my car perfect but I drive it and hope I die with LOTS AND LOTS of miles on it! :-)

BTW: I would buy some road wrap for the trip and keep the front from getting full of bugs or chips.

I can imagine what a GREAT ride it will be on the way home!

:shift:

Ken, FedEx/Passport just quoted me $1563 one way.

Sherri,i was quoted 2800.00 roundtrip with accurate which i thought was kind of high. Maybe its not afterall but shipping one way is probably more costly per trip than paying for roundtrip.I might just ship to Vegas and fly back and pick it up. It's depends on how much time i have. Thank's for the info. Kenneth

Sherri,i was quoted 2800.00 roundtrip with accurate which i thought was kind of high. Maybe its not afterall but shipping one way is probably more costly per trip than paying for roundtrip.I might just ship to Vegas and fly back and pick it up. It's depends on how much time i have. Thank's for the info. Kenneth

Off topic: Sorry but I hit the +/- sign on the bottom right of this email, did not know what it was until I clicked on it. Sorry my mistake.

THERE IS ALSO FED EX AUTO TRANSPORT. I USED THEM FOR MY

08 GT/SC ; SHIPPING FROM JONESBORO ARKANSAS TO SAI WAS

$ 1,200.00 U.S FOR 1,500 MILES.

I OF COURSE DROVE IT HOME THE 1,500 MILES BACK TO ARKANSAS AND

IT WAS THE BEST AND FASTEST 1,500 MILES I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. :happy feet:

SCOTTY

THERE IS ALSO FED EX AUTO TRANSPORT. I USED THEM FOR MY

08 GT/SC ; SHIPPING FROM JONESBORO ARKANSAS TO SAI WAS

$ 1,200.00 U.S FOR 1,500 MILES.

I OF COURSE DROVE IT HOME THE 1,500 MLES BACK TO ARKANSAS AND

IT WAS THE BEST AND FASTEST 1,500 MILES I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. :happy feet:

SCOTTY

I like the way you roll Scotty!

:shift:

I'm planning to possibly send my car to Vegas from Houston in April and i'm wondering who the good shippers are and about what i am looking at in price for round trip . The more i spend in transportation cost , the less money for mods. Icould drive it there and fly home but i don't care to put a lot of miles on the car just for that. I got a price from Accurate transportation for 2800.00 for round trip but that seems a little steep to me.These people were recommended by Shelby so i'm sure they are good. If i were having a car supersnaked then that might be alright but i'm just having my SGT supercharged and gauges at this point. Any ideas.

Last Oct I used AmeriFreight, which is a broker service. They eventually set me up with Dave's Auto and Bike Transport. The guy is an independant and has a cherry rig, all enclosed and charged me $1200 for a move from OH to S. Calif. (and that was through the broker). I paid more for an expedited pick up. The guy was actually sooner on the pick up and delivery end than we agreed to. It was a great move! I have his direct number if you're interested. AmeriFreight has one of the highest feedback ratings in the car carrier business and that's why I went with them.

John

PS:If you're really bored.....

http://www.transportreviews.com/company/directory.asp

Archived