TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm insane (New 2010 Raptor AND 2010 GT500 purchased)

xjrguy

Not that unusual actually...I did the same thing. I bought the Raptor for my wife last August, and the very next day I picked up my GT500. I'm getting my radio light issue (posted on another thread) resolved at the dealership, as well as the differential whine. But, as soon as it's back I'll take some pics with both of them side-by-side.

FordGeek (Joseph)

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I've owned several Mustangs.

1983 Mustang GL with T-tops and the 3.8L Aluminum head "Essex" V6

1989 Mustang GT 5.0 Cabernet Red/Titanium - GT40 Intake, etc

1992 Vibrant Red Limited Edition Mustang LX Convertible

2002 Mustang GT 5 spd Premium, Black exterior/Saddle interior leather

2004 Mustang Cobra "Terminator" Redfire, 532hp dyno tested (motor)

2010 GT500

I sold a 2005 Viper SRT10 and got the Raptor, and then sold my 2004 Cobra (loved that car) and bought the GT500.

Still have a Volvo C70 HT vert and FJR1300ABS motorcycle and my wife drives an FX35

Wrench on EVERYTHING and try to do all my own work (upgrades, brakes, maint., etc)

I bleed Ford blue and I've always owned a Ford (or Volvo or Jaguar, hence my name)

These new Fords are amazing vehicles. It's great to see this American company doing so well. Big credit to all the employees and Alan Mullaly who I believe came from Boeing and helped turn the company around.

Hope to make some new friends here.

AZ guy you can have the rain! :)

Bill Ford and Alan Mulally should personally call and thank you for your purchases. salute.gif

I'm nuts.

In the past week I have purchased a brand new 2010 Raptor 4x4 and then went back to the dealership and picked up a 2010 GT500!

I wish it would stop raining here so I can enjoy my new vehicles.

I may have you beat:

Purchased a 2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Sterling Gray/Silver stripes) - then a 2000 Cobra R - then turned around and traded in my Shelby (yes, the one I had just purchased) for a different 2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Black/ Silver stripes) and a 2010 Ford Ranger Sport!

All in a one week time frame!

Yikes!

NOTE: Did trade in my 07 Shelby GT / 2008 ROUSH / 1968 GT Fastback!

Did I win? :headscratch:

and apparently very wealthy too. Good gosh two new vehicles at once.

two feet here too. Just crazy.

Certainly is. I've lived here 40 years and this is the worst one. Took my neighbor and I all day to dig out with the help of that wonderful Ariens snow blower and Ibupropen. Thank God we didn't lose power. This area is just not used to this amount of snow and I think the DC area will see snow piled in the malls into June! Guys who live up in the real north must be getting a laugh listening to us whine!

Geeez!! Do you rob banks for a living? That must have been a whopping financial outlay! I do thank you for the pictures, Your GT500 is the exact color combination of the 2011 I ordered last week. Makes me feel better about that Grabber blue stripe and performance white. Great looking car!! Congrats!!

I probably win,but I am afraid you guys will think I am a fool if I tell ya what I've done...... :hysterical: I'll have a nice tax break this year! :happy feet:

Go ahead! Want to hear this one! :talkhand:

Just kidding....but do tell !

Go ahead! Want to hear this one! :talkhand:

Just kidding....but do tell !

Ok, since you asked........

1) Bought an 09 BMW M3 and traded it 4 months latter on a Nissan GTR.

2) Sold my 08 HD Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Eddittion with 2600 miles and bought an 08 Suzuki B-King.

3) Sold my 08 vert wht/red GT500 after TVS and VMP pulleys and tune....624RWHP

4) Bought an 09 BMW Z4

5) Bought an 08 GT500KR

All within the last 3 months of 09........now trying to convince old lady that I NEED a GT350!

Like not to think about it, just enjoy the toys and move on! :happy feet: piggy bank is broke!

Ok, since you asked........

1) Bought an 09 BMW M3 and traded it 4 months latter on a Nissan GTR.

2) Sold my 08 HD Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Eddittion with 2600 miles and bought an 08 Suzuki B-King.

3) Sold my 08 vert wht/red GT500 after TVS and VMP pulleys and tune....624RWHP

4) Bought an 09 BMW Z4

5) Bought an 08 GT500KR

All within the last 3 months of 09........now trying to convince old lady that I NEED a GT350!

Like not to think about it, just enjoy the toys and move on! :happy feet: piggy bank is broke!

It's good to see I am among like minded sanitarium ready folks.

Why didn't you wait for the bigger engine in the Raptor?

Because I wanted the truck now and for me the 5.4L is just fine and dandy for what I want from this truck.

The dealership had the vehicle on the lot with all the options and color I wanted at the time I was ready to buy.

I also got a good deal.

Archived