TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 SVT package information.

Son of GT

Here's a link to Autoblog about Monday's live webcast from FoMoCo about the 2011 GT500 and specifics about what the SVT package is about. You will find pictures, data sheets and other information about the car and the package within the story.

I've tried the Ford Media link that within the story, but it doesn't seem to work for me right now.

EDIT: Try this link for the Ford Media site. http://www.fordmedia...helby/index.php

http://www.autoblog....rmance-package/

Odd looking stripes IMO.

I read the "unique gurney flap" on the SVT PP is the one from the 2010. The regular 2011 will not have one. LOL. Luv my 2010 =D

Not sure where you read that. Every indication I see and everything I've heard indicates that the non SVT package 2011 is the 2010 with an aluminum block.

That being said they messed up on the stripes. I've seen striping like this done on GT's and it looks very bad IMO. I don't need to see it in person to know it's not my thing.

I read the "unique gurney flap" on the SVT PP is the one from the 2010. The regular 2011 will not have one. LOL. Luv my 2010 =D

I think there is some confusion in reference to the standard 2011 GT500 rear spoiler. I ordered mine last week, got the DORA and the order form specifically states as standard equipment on the 2011 GT500 " Unique Shelby front and rear fascias, rear diffuser and DECKLID SPOILER. It also states under standard exterior equipment " Rear Spoiler-SHELBY rear deck lid." So......... I think those of us who have one on order WILL be getting a rear spoiler just like the one that is on the current 2010 Shelbys. Maybe the Gurney Flap is somewhat different in design etc. We'll see.

I think there is some confusion in reference to the standard 2011 GT500 rear spoiler. I ordered mine last week, got the DORA and the order form specifically states as standard equipment on the 2011 GT500 " Unique Shelby front and rear fascias, rear diffuser and DECKLID SPOILER. It also states under standard exterior equipment " Rear Spoiler-SHELBY rear deck lid." So......... I think those of us who have one on order WILL be getting a rear spoiler just like the one that is on the current 2010 Shelbys. Maybe the Gurney Flap is somewhat different in design etc. We'll see.

Nowhere did I say it doesn't get a DECKLID SPOILER. Just one without a GURNEY FLAP.

Nowhere did I say it doesn't get a DECKLID SPOILER. Just one without a GURNEY FLAP.

Didn't Ford refer to the rear spoiler on your 2010 as a gurney spoiler? Thought I read or saw that somehere or maybe not. Was looking at the current 2010 spoiler and it sure looks exactly like the one depicted in the video released today showing the 2011 GT500.

Didn't Ford refer to the rear spoiler on your 2010 as a gurney spoiler? Thought I read or saw that somehere or maybe not. Was looking at the current 2010 spoiler and it sure looks exactly like the one depicted in the video released today showing the 2011 GT500.

The video release is a SVT Performance Pack car, the pack says you get:

Spoiler with Unique Gurney Flap

This implies it is unique for 2011 with the PP. It looks identical to the one on the 2010 so I can only ASSume the "base" 2011 GT500 doesn't get one at all.

They are probably referring to a new different black insert for the spoiler which is the gurney part. I be the one on the 2011 SVT is different (longer or different angle) then the one on the 2010 and what will be standard on the 2011.

The video release is a SVT Performance Pack car, the pack says you get:

This implies it is unique for 2011 with the PP. It looks identical to the one on the 2010 so I can only ASSume the "base" 2011 GT500 doesn't get one at all.

The 2010 Order Guide says nothing about a Gurney Flap. Just decklid spoiler, just like the 2011 Order Guide says. I'll be very surprised in the non-SVT PP spoiler does not have a GF. Why would Ford go the trouble of designing a new spoiler for 1 model year? And seriously, who cares? What exactly does this GF do? A 2011 with out one vs. a 2011 with one, the one with the GF will be faster? More aerodynamic?

The 2010 Order Guide says nothing about a Gurney Flap. Just decklid spoiler, just like the 2011 Order Guide says. I'll be very surprised in the non-SVT PP spoiler does not have a GF. Why would Ford go the trouble of designing a new spoiler for 1 model year? And seriously, who cares? What exactly does this GF do? A 2011 with out one vs. a 2011 with one, the one with the GF will be faster? More aerodynamic?

Who cares? People interested in the cars and their differences.

The Autoblog article is clear to me, the regular GT500 has no Gurney Flap (see quote below):

"Finally, in the shot of the car's rear end, the spoiler with Gurney flap is plainly visible. Regular GT500s don't get the flap."

Why would Ford not put a GF on the regular GT500? Probably put the GF on the SVT package to try justify the price of the SVT package to customers - make it seem like you are getting so much extra with that package.

The Autoblog article is clear to me, the regular GT500 has no Gurney Flap (see quote below):

"Finally, in the shot of the car's rear end, the spoiler with Gurney flap is plainly visible. Regular GT500s don't get the flap."

Why would Ford not put a GF on the regular GT500? Probably put the GF on the SVT package to try justify the price of the SVT package to customers - make it seem like you are getting so much extra with that package.

I wonder if you get a complimentary tube of KY jelly ? Thats why I left that option off my 2011 order. Just too expensive for what is being provided by Ford.

I wonder if you get a complimentary tube of KY jelly ? Thats why I left that option off my 2011 order. Just too expensive for what is being provided by Ford.

What's even funnier is the SVT option pack is 2000.00 dollars even in Canada. We pay significantly more for the car as MSRP is around 59k but the option is way cheaper....amusing.

Autoblog has retracted that statement.

"Regular GT500s don't get the flap.(Never mind; I forgot that the 2010 GT500 rear spoiler had the flap, too. - Nunez) "

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/05/sneak-peek-2011-ford-shelby-gt500-w-svt-performance-package/

Archived