TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stronger Shelby Mustang GT500 to roll out

GT500-07

Nice, no major surprises I guess, we all were hoping for more than 10hp increase but it is all good.

The alum. block is welcome. All modern manufacturers , boosted or not have gone to alum blocks with liners. It is going to be a real nice sports car.

I notice in the article they are going to talk about the future of SVT. Hopefully they start diving into other cars. I've love to see the SHO get the SVT treatment.

Amy (if you're out there),

What about a Shelby performance package for the new Taurus SHO? Wheels/Tires, Brakes, Exhaust, Suspension, Cooling and Tune for the new 365hp EcoBoost Turbo V-6 engine so it can run with the BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E Class. In the next several years, you're going to have hundreds of SGT / GT500 enthusiasts who will physically struggle with our manual transmission clutches / shifters and would line-up for a Blue Oval performance sedan.

SVT NAJA

What about a Shelby performance package for the new Taurus SHO? Wheels/Tires, Brakes, Exhaust, Suspension, Cooling and Tune for the new 365hp EcoBoost Turbo V-6 engine so it can run with the BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E Class. In the next several years, you're going to have hundreds of SGT / GT500 enthusiasts who will physically struggle with our manual transmission clutches / shifters and would line-up for a Blue Oval performance sedan.

SVT NAJA

cmon--just because your old (im 64) doesnt mean we cant drive.The clutch is so much easier than the one in my 65 GTO,which i still drive.Paul Newman raced till he died at 75

SVT NAJA

Let's not put the Shelby name on EVERY Ford car. There needs to be a certain level of exclusivity.

SVT NAJA

Some good numbers for just of the showroom!

The story's the same at the dragstrip, where the new Taurus whooshes quietly off to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds, hitting the quarter in 13.7 seconds at 103 mph, besting the 1992 five-speed manual by a second and a half and 9 mph, and the base 2010 by almost two seconds and 12 mph. America's BMW? Well, it's about four-tenths off the 550i's pace, but that $61,225 V-8 sled'll be stopping for gas a whole lot more often, given its 15/22-mpg EPA ratings. The SHO is rated at 17/25 mpg, and a week's worth of our lead-footing yielded 18.9. Among the more likely competitive set, the SHO's performance is about a half-second and 5 mph slower than the similarly priced 400-plus-horse Pontiac G8 GXP and Dodge Charger SRT-8, about even with the G8 GT, and a bit ahead of the Charger R/T. Fuel economy greatly outpaces that of all those V-8s, as does the general level of refinement, fit/finish, and interior noise

Archived