TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My opinion? Bad form SAI - locking the "bad plugs" topic...

BoneDoc

Thanks to whoever minused my post, hysterical.gif

Whateverjackinbox.gif

I guess I'd better clarify the traction comment, at 725hp stabbing the throttle dead flat is gonna overpower those tires...and that can be very fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very fun!!!

I have mentioned this on "other" forums when the Super Snake tire/traction issue is brought up.....................

As an automotive enthusiast, what would you rather have...............a car that has all of the tire needed and is in need of more power? OR a car that has all of the power that most anyone could desire and just needs more rubber on the rear?

I know the answer from most people is both, but, since "both" is not included in this build, I choose the more rubber option over being dissatisfied with the power output of the car. Being able to achieve high 10's in a 2 ton sled with a simple tire swap (not even slicks), the A/C blowing and the Shaker 1000 shaking, is pretty impressive to me. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?!?!?

R

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very fun!!!

I have mentioned this on "other" forums when the Super Snake tire/traction issue is brought up.....................

As an automotive enthusiast, what would you rather have...............a car that has all of the tire needed and is in need of more power? OR a car that has all of the power that most anyone could desire and just needs more rubber on the rear?

I know the answer from most people is both, but, since "both" is not included in this build, I choose the more rubber option over being dissatisfied with the power output of the car. Being able to achieve high 10's in a 2 ton sled with a simple tire swap (not even slicks), the A/C blowing and the Shaker 1000 shaking, is pretty impressive to me. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?!?!?

R

Nope I am with you 100% ! In fact I think that having a drivetrain like the SS mod is stellar...

The SS is an awesome car and who knows one day I may add one to my SGT, and like you I'd gladly "suffer" through a tire change hysterical.gif

Cheers! And Shelby on!

Phil, since you're not an expert and no one has damage, I would suggest you stop posting about "gross Negligence. which implies we knew what was happening and did it anyway. This is a public forum and I dont want any issues with possible misconceptions. We have always done the right thing by customers and always will. and again, I will close this if this path continues

Amy,

I would suggest you go back through this thread and actually read my posts, and then get back to me on my "posting about gross Negligence".

Phill Pollard

ooooop !!!!!!!!! :hysterical3: Phil i think you have just been touched by an angel :redcard:

and do you even own an ss

An "Angel"?

Not hardly. And apparently, one that can not read or comprehend what she reads.

Phill Pollard

Hey Phill, where did you get your law degree, off the internet?

Hey Shelbyite, where did you get your reading comprehension skills from, your mommy?

Take your lips off of Amy's butt for a second and read my post where I clearly state "I AM NOT A LAWYER".....

Doh!

Phill Pollard

I don't know Phil, it seems to me she "read" your post and "comprehended" that you are no expert .

I never claimed to be a expert and that's not what I'm taking exception to. In fact, I clearly said I am NOT a lawyer (although I do have experience in a warranty litigation (i.e. COURT) case so by definition, I *am* a 'expert').

Her comment about me posting that there was gross neglegence on SAI's part is what I take exception to.

As I suggested to Amy, read *my* posts on this issue and you'll understand why I take exception to that.

If *anything*, I was defending Shelby's position on this issue and in fact say there is *no* liability on their part.

I am patiently awaiting a public apology from the parties involved.

Phill Pollard

Hey Shelbyite, where did you get your reading comprehension skills from, your mommy?

Take your lips off of Amy's butt for a second and read my post where I clearly state "I AM NOT A LAWYER".....

Doh!

Phill Pollard

Phill, way to go, nice way to respond. First off, you make an ass of yourself when you start spewing legal mumbo-jumbo and then saying you are somesort of expert because you were a successful litigant in a civil case against another party (whoop-de-do for you). The bottom line is that you shoudn't be posting/quoting legal opinions here if you aren't a lawyer, which you have stated you are not. See, I can read and write quite well in spite of your cheap shot at my mother and her mothering skills. I can start quoting the CA lemon law as well but I dont have the legal knowledge to quote that stuff and neither do you, so DON'T.

Hey, check it out Phill... I did this post with out bringing your mother or any other family member in the middle of this.

P.S. quoting the great legal mind of Homer Simpson does not buy back your insult to my mother.

"Doh", my ass.

I'm not a lawyer but I was the plaintif in a warranty litigation issue with a well know motorcycle builder.

There are two terms you need to know:

1). Gross Negligence

2). Willfull Misconduct

One or both would need to occure *prior* to the action.

In other words, if they knew there was a issue *prior* to delivery (the 'action') and there were damages incurred, that would fall under one of the two (or both) of the above mentioned terms.

After the fact? Ehhhh, remember, the burdon of proof lies in the plaintifs (accusers) lap.

Frankly, I am VERY surprised that Amy addressed this issue in such a public forum, or for that matter, at all.

Just my 3 cents worth,

Phill

Phil This is your post and what I responded too. You are not and expert and I will not have legal action discussed on these forums. That is what I was responding too. If someone has an issue, they can take it up with us. Discussing legal issues and actions for something that hasn't happened is irresponsible at best.

Amy

Phil This is your post and what I responded too. You are not and expert and I will not have legal action discussed on these forum.

Fair enough. But I think it's important to note that *I* wasn't the one that even came *close* to 'starting' talk of legal action. That came long before my post.

I responed with what one would need prove IF legal action was to take place.

But you decided to pick *me* out of the bunch for some reason and hence, my reply to *you*.

Had you said what I quoted above in your first reply (to me), I wouldn't have even responded other than possibly with an apology.

I'll end this now (at least on my part).

Phill

Bob, KKB includes a set of spark plugs with all SC, I am told. We are looking into the mod shops to seeif they are getting them and if they are being installed. We are working on this.

Also, please take the caps lock off when posting, it's very hard to read and on the web it's considered yelling....

Amy

HI AMY

IN THE EARLY 60'S IN A JUNGLE FAR FAR AWAY PROTECTING PEOPLE'S RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS I WAS HIT IN THE LEFT EYE BY A LINK FLYING OUT OF A MACHINE GUN THAT PLUS GLAUCOMA MAKES READ--AND WRITTING DIFFICULT. I HAVE THAT ATTACHED TO ALL MY POSTS FOR ALL TO SEE SO THEY KNOW WHY I USE CAPS.

THAT SAID AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT THIS TOPIC MAY DESERVE SOME YELLING.

THE CORRECT PLUGS WERE NOT PUT IN MINE AND OTHERS 735HP CAR.

WILL WE GET THE CORRECT PLUGS?

EUSMCBOB

Bob, KKB includes a set of spark plugs with all SC, I am told. We are looking into the mod shops to seeif they are getting them and if they are being installed. We are working on this.

Also, please take the caps lock off when posting, it's very hard to read and on the web it's considered yelling....

Amy

PS---MY CAR WAS DONE IN VEGAS NOT SOME OTHER MOD SHOP.

EUSMCBOB

Bob, Im not sure you answered specifically what I was asking...but I guess that means no, we are dealing with isolated cases. Is it a good idea to check your plugs with a known issue? yup.

But I wonder how many people bothered to pick up a phone and call SA to find out what they will do for you, because it sounds like Amy is more than willing to correct any of these issues.

I know many people who are not experts in every component of these cars, but you should educate yourself as much as possible if you plan on doing massive modifications to it such as this, as an owner. Any vehicle pushing over 600HP should not be considered a turnkey purchase. It will need a lot of maintenance and care. Compare it to owning a boat or an RV....after a year or two of owning either of these toys, you become a virtual expert in them pretty quick, or wind up stranded in the middle of the lake, or on a backroad before you know it.

As far as being upset with SAI for not providing some sort of "manual" for the Super Snake, what can a manual possibly say? It sounds like you need a better local mechanic. You are driving a Ford engine, with a Kenne Bell Supercharger, and a Eibach suspension, Baer brakes...etc. Shelby installed them, but didnt manufacture them. If you have a problem with the way your car is running, you need to find a local tuner to analyze what the problem is. Or Im sure SA would be happy to look at it if you are in the area or want to ship your car there. They have always been very helpful for us when we need a hand and are in Vegas. But what can you expect them to do over the phone? When have you ever owned a car in your life that you could pick up a phone and tell a mechanic or the dealership your problem and not get the response, "you need to bring it in"? Have you considered the fact that driving your car in VERY thin air could be one of your problems? I notice you live near Denver. Its just a thought, Im not looking to beat you down...just trying to help. :salute:

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLE SAY THAT SHELBY IS NOT SELLING A "TURNKEY PRODUCT??? I'LL BET THERE'S A HELL OF A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW THAT. HAVE YOU NOT READ ANYTHING SHELBY PUBLISHES

OH WAIT I THINK I GOT IT---IT'S NOT TURNKEY BECAUSE THE PLUGS NEED TO REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH THE CORRECT ONES---OH OH AND MECHANICS-NOT BEING EDUCATED AS YOU ARE SHOULD KNOW WHAT SHELBY ITSELF DOESN'T OR DIDN'T.

OH AND YES IT MUST BE ISOLATED BECAUSE ONLY A COUPLE OF US HAVE PULLED THE PLUGS---AND LETS NOT SAY ANYTHING THE ALL THE REST UNLESS THEY CALL US FIRST.

STRANGE SET OF VALUES YOU HAVE THERE MY FRIEND AND WITH YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF WHAT YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU BUY SOMETING PREPARE TO BE REALLY REALLY DISAPOINTED IN LIFE.

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLE SAY THAT SHELBY IS NOT SELLING A "TURNKEY PRODUCT??? I'LL BET THERE'S A HELL OF A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW THAT. HAVE YOU NOT READ ANYTHING SHELBY PUBLISHES

OH WAIT I THINK I GOT IT---IT'S NOT TURNKEY BECAUSE THE PLUGS NEED TO REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH THE CORRECT ONES---OH OH AND MECHANICS-NOT BEING EDUCATED AS YOU ARE SHOULD KNOW WHAT SHELBY ITSELF DOESN'T OR DIDN'T.

OH AND YES IT MUST BE ISOLATED BECAUSE ONLY A COUPLE OF US HAVE PULLED THE PLUGS---AND LETS NOT SAY ANYTHING THE ALL THE REST UNLESS THEY CALL US FIRST.

STRANGE SET OF VALUES YOU HAVE THERE MY FRIEND AND WITH YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF WHAT YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU BUY SOMETING PREPARE TO BE REALLY REALLY DISAPOINTED IN LIFE.

yes for $35K plus car should:

be detailed when you pick it up (basic stuff!).

have the the right plugs (without having to check or having to call the management at SAI)

have an owners manual (only for parts/service/maintenance of parts installed by shelby)

have reasonable traction (not adding 200HP to the car and then decreasing the size of the tires)

If anyone believes these to be unreasonable expectations, might i respectfully suggest that your blind loyalty to SAI has convinced you to give them a pass on some very basic design/manufacturing/quality control/service issues.

Ron

have the the right plugs (without having to check or having to call the management at SAI)

have an owners manual (only for parts/service/maintenance of parts installed by shelby)

have reasonable traction (not adding 200HP to the car and then decreasing the size of the tires)

If anyone believes these to be unreasonable expectations, might i respectfully suggest that your blind loyalty to SAI has convinced you to give them a pass on some very basic design/manufacturing/quality control/service issues.

Ron

Can we please let this thread die! It's becoming a boring and old topic. While I appreciate your position and understand your frustrations, I just don't see what is gained by continuing the dialogue on the forum.

Ron

If it sucks so much why did you buy one?

I mean seriously...its not a pass it is what it is.

Did you not research the specs on the car?

My wife could have told you that over 700hp would overpower the tires and allow some sideways fun. I mean what if they tubed the rearend and gave you slicks then you'd complain about the driveshaft popping u-joints.

So really no one is giving SA a pass, IMO we are just understanding the realities of modified cars...

Further, my car was modified at SAI as well, it was returned spotless, I recieved a manual for the parts that were installed and guess what my car had too much HP for the stock tires, so I choose to get some different ones....

I find it very very difficult to believe that SA would intentionally mess up anyones car or return it dirty, they are all car people as well....

Your car is fine, you need some different plugs after you further modded your car. BFD.

My daughter does not complain this much over $60.

Bob in all the time you have spent posting about this you could have just changed the plugs.

TALK ABOUT MISSING THE POINT--HARD TO EXPLAIN IF YOU DON'T GET IT-----LIKE WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT. DON'T YOU GET THAT . IT TOOK FOREVER FOR SAI --AND YES I KNOW IT'S KNOW SHELBY AMERICAN---LAST COMPANY THAT DID THE NAME CHANGING BIT WAS AIG--BUT IF THERE IS NO NOTIFICATION TO OWNERS OVER INCORRECT SPARK PLUGS BEING USED IN VEGAS DO YOU THINK YOU'LL GET NOTIFIED WHEN THERE IS ANY TYPE OF PROBLEM-ANYTHING--EVER. SEVERAL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE FOUND THEY HAVE THE WRONG PLUGS--AND THAT IS JUST PEOPLE ON THE SITE. WHAT ABOUT THE GUYS THAT DON'T VISIT OR BELONG TO TEAM---TEAM--TEAM SHELBY. IS IT JUST SCREW THEM POOR SUCKERS AND WHAT HAPPENS HAPPENS. DO YOU 'LOOK INTO IT' --FOR HOW LONG---WILL IT BE AS LONG AS WAITING FOR THE STRUT TOWER BRACE FOR THE 735HP CARS THAT ARE STILL WAITING.

GOOD GOD MAN IT'S ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAIN AND DAMN SIMPLE. IT'S SICKING WATCHING THOSE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO SAY 'TO HELL WITH THERE FELLOW SHELBY DIEHARD FANS. LET THENM FIND OUT OR FEND FOR THEMSELF'S-DAMN IF I'LL SPEAK OUT-SREW THEM I KNOW ABOUT THIS TO HELL WITH THEM.

COMIMG OUT OF THE MARINE CORP DURING HARD TIMES IT WAS ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE. YOU GUYS WHO WILL ONLY DARE SPEAK UP WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING GOOD AND SWEET AND NICE TO SAY DON'T BELONG ON ANYTHING THAT IS CONSIDERED A TEAM.

SEMPER FI TO THOSE THAT GET IT AND UNDERSTAND IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT SPARK PLUGS. TO THOSE THAT DON'T EVEN GET THE BETRAYAL OF THE WORD TEAM--SAD

EUSMCBOB--AND DAMN PROUD OF IT.

IT'S WINTER IN COLORADO WHERE WE MEASURE SNOW IN HUNDREDS OF INCHES. CAR IS STORED FOR THE TIME BEING.

If it sucks so much why did you buy one?

I mean seriously...its not a pass it is what it is.

Did you not research the specs on the car?

My wife could have told you that over 700hp would overpower the tires and allow some sideways fun. I mean what if they tubed the rearend and gave you slicks then you'd complain about the driveshaft popping u-joints.

So really no one is giving SA a pass, IMO we are just understanding the realities of modified cars...

Further, my car was modified at SAI as well, it was returned spotless, I recieved a manual for the parts that were installed and guess what my car had too much HP for the stock tires, so I choose to get some different ones....

I find it very very difficult to believe that SA would intentionally mess up anyones car or return it dirty, they are all car people as well....

Your car is fine, you need some different plugs after you further modded your car. BFD.

My daughter does not complain this much over $60.

Dude thanks for setting me straight. Now I understand completely, Dude. You are a genious dude. :doh:

I hear you and just disagree. Can't you understand that, Dude? Intelligent people can disagree without being disrespectful, right dude?

Congrats on having such a car-smart family! :hysterical:

TALK ABOUT MISSING THE POINT--HARD TO EXPLAIN IF YOU DON'T GET IT-----LIKE WHAT ELSE COULD BE WRONG THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT. DON'T YOU GET THAT . IT TOOK FOREVER FOR SAI --AND YES I KNOW IT'S KNOW SHELBY AMERICAN---LAST COMPANY THAT DID THE NAME CHANGING BIT WAS AIG--BUT IF THERE IS NO NOTIFICATION TO OWNERS OVER INCORRECT SPARK PLUGS BEING USED IN VEGAS DO YOU THINK YOU'LL GET NOTIFIED WHEN THERE IS ANY TYPE OF PROBLEM-ANYTHING--EVER. SEVERAL PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE FOUND THEY HAVE THE WRONG PLUGS--AND THAT IS JUST PEOPLE ON THE SITE. WHAT ABOUT THE GUYS THAT DON'T VISIT OR BELONG TO TEAM---TEAM--TEAM SHELBY. IS IT JUST SCREW THEM POOR SUCKERS AND WHAT HAPPENS HAPPENS. DO YOU 'LOOK INTO IT' --FOR HOW LONG---WILL IT BE AS LONG AS WAITING FOR THE STRUT TOWER BRACE FOR THE 735HP CARS THAT ARE STILL WAITING.

GOOD GOD MAN IT'S ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAIN AND DAMN SIMPLE. IT'S SICKING WATCHING THOSE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO SAY 'TO HELL WITH THERE FELLOW SHELBY DIEHARD FANS. LET THENM FIND OUT OR FEND FOR THEMSELF'S-DAMN IF I'LL SPEAK OUT-SREW THEM I KNOW ABOUT THIS TO HELL WITH THEM.

COMIMG OUT OF THE MARINE CORP DURING HARD TIMES IT WAS ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE. YOU GUYS WHO WILL ONLY DARE SPEAK UP WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING GOOD AND SWEET AND NICE TO SAY DON'T BELONG ON ANYTHING THAT IS CONSIDERED A TEAM.

SEMPER FI TO THOSE THAT GET IT AND UNDERSTAND IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT SPARK PLUGS. TO THOSE THAT DON'T EVEN GET THE BETRAYAL OF THE WORD TEAM--SAD

EUSMCBOB--AND DAMN PROUD OF IT.

IT'S WINTER IN COLORADO WHERE WE MEASURE SNOW IN HUNDREDS OF INCHES. CAR IS STORED FOR THE TIME BEING.

I get it. I have nothing bad to say in my experiences, period.

BTW have you ever seen The Big Lebowski?

Great character in there named Walter...check it out great movie.

But really. Your car did not blow up, we are with you just that to me the title and tone of this thread from the begininng was disrespectful and not the way to converse with anyone.

Edit: Bob maybe try calling Roger or someone at SA, I swear on a stack of bibles and my honor that my experience was the complete opposite of what has been described here. And further as a TEAM member Roger and Bud and EVERYONE at SA was amazingly on it when I was there...they dig cars as much as you do I swear.

Keep us posted on how the resolution to the plug problem goes...if it was me I'd call SA and ask what to do they are very helpful when called.

Again not trying to make it worse just saying that I think a direct call would make it better.

Cheers.

Dude thanks for setting me straight. Now I understand completely, Dude. You are a genious dude. doh.gif

I hear you and just disagree. Can't you understand that, Dude? Intelligent people can disagree without being disrespectful, right dude?

Congrats on having such a car-smart family! hysterical.gif

Your first post and the title WAS disrespectful Azzhole.

And I can and will back my play. Now go saw a bone and stay in geek land where you belong.

Edit: To others reading this, I apologize I temporarily lost the Buddah.

I am going to actually go DRIVE my Shelby now...good luck with your plugs BD, I could care less in reality about your problems your just some guy on the internet who has no basic understanding about cars and no common sense...enjoy your car, its cooler than you will probably ever know. We all tried to offer our compassion and advice and you want to whine....whine on I'm outta this thread. Rogers number was posted on the 1st page BTW.

This forum is now closed. Not because of the original content, but because it has evolved into a pissing match and insult fest between members. redcard.gif

Clearly, the point about the spark plugs not being correct has been beaten to a bloody pulp, so now members are jabbing each other about their opinions about SA's customer service and how they should have reacted to the core issue.

If Amy or other SA staff members want to reopen this forum for comment, that will be their decision to do so.

Link to additional information regarding this topic...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53871-the-rest-of-the-story/page__view__findpost__p__914481

Archived