TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Please Recommend Tires for the Aloca's

hornsberry

All you guys that have the Aloca's can you recommend a tire brand? I dont' have a clue! :) Just ordered them up for my 2010 shelby.

I don't need anything for racing just daily driving, something under $300.00 per tire. I was gonna get the pirelli p-zero but there like $430.00 and the reviews didn't look very good.

Any help??

All you guys that have the Aloca's can you recommend a tire brand? I dont' have a clue! :) Just ordered them up for my 2010 shelby.

I don't need anything for racing just daily driving, something under $300.00 per tire. I was gonna get the pirelli p-zero but there like $430.00 and the reviews didn't look very good.

Any help??

Trust me, Hankook Ventus K110 Evo, you will love this tire!

Toyo proxes are great

Nitto INVO are amazing!

nitto nt555 are good

BFG KDW are ok

Just depends on your pocket book.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Have fun and drive the hell out of her! :shift: :happy feet:

Trust me, Hankook Ventus K110 Evo, you will love this tire!

I just recieved these Hankooks yesterday and they are sweet! Also the price is amazing, the tire is very High quality for the price. I went with wider 285/30's (26.8 tall) for the rears instead of the taller (27.5) 275/35s.They are at the shop being mounted and balanced as we speak, excited to see them on the car.

I just recieved these Hankooks yesterday and they are sweet! Also the price is amazing, the tire is very High quality for the price. I went with wider 285/30's (26.8 tall) for the rears instead of the taller (27.5) 275/35s.They are at the shop being mounted and balanced as we speak, excited to see them on the car.

congrats hirevn!

make sure to post some pictures when you them back and on the car.

Everyone I know who has them, loves them.

I drove my car on the track at the bash with Ventus Evos and then drove another car with Pirellis in the next session. Not even close! Plus the street performance wet or dry is smooth and predictable.

Crappy I phone pic, but you get the idea. My drag car is on the other side of the shop so pic is at a bad angle. Theres to much snow yet to pull either car out for better pics, now I just have to wait for spring to try it out lol. Also finished up my long tubes and H-pipe, it sounds amazing now and with the wheels looks as good as it sounds!

post-27318-126533838448_thumb.jpg

post-27318-126533841071_thumb.jpg

post-27318-126533838448_thumb.jpg

post-27318-126533841071_thumb.jpg

If you don't mind saying, what can you get a set of 4 of these in that size for?

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a question about balancing the 20 in Aloca's. Should regular lead weights be used on the rim edge or the stick on weights. If the stick ons are used I have heard they should be mounted in the center of the rim. Which version works the best. I noticed today that my 20's have both. 50/50 chance there are correct. Thanks.

Heres a question about balancing the 20 in Aloca's. Should regular lead weights be used on the rim edge or the stick on weights. If the stick ons are used I have heard they should be mounted in the center of the rim. Which version works the best. I noticed today that my 20's have both. 50/50 chance there are correct. Thanks.

I had the "stick on" weights installed behind the spokes and had the standard "hammer on" weights installed on the inside (since they'll never be seen).

• 8 months later...

Thanks. And you guys think they hook better than the F1's?

The HanKook V12 K110 is a high performance Summer street tire. The Eagle F1 is about the same grip and is an all weather high performance street tire. If you need wet traction the F1 is better. If you don't need wet traction the Hankook is better. Make the choice based on your need not what others say. Always pay attention to the load capability of the tire. GT500's are very heavy cars. If you drive a GT it requires less load capability.

Drive safe but as fast as you can!

Jason

Archived