TEAM SHELBY FORUM

custom steering shaft help

Okay im thinking of ordering 1-3/4 kooks headers, but the problem with 1-3/4 primaries is that it need a custom steering shaft and i'm totally lost in that catergory!! Have any of yall done this kind of setup or have done any custom steering shafts?? any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :) im thinking of buying everything from flaming river!!

Where did you get this info, first off? This is the first I've heard that a custom shaft is necessary for 1 3/4" primaries. Everyone I know that's installed the Kooks has said that they were the easiest and cleanest installed headers they had ever done.

Secondly, Flaming River is garbage, IMO. And their customer support is the worst that I've dealt with in the entire industry.

Ken

Where did you get this info, first off? This is the first I've heard that a custom shaft is necessary for 1 3/4" primaries. Everyone I know that's installed the Kooks has said that they were the easiest and cleanest installed headers they had ever done.

Secondly, Flaming River is garbage, IMO. And their customer support is the worst that I've dealt with in the entire industry.

Ken

i was talking to MMR of what headers best match there ported heads and they said 500 or less than 1-5/8 were good and than 500+ 1-3/4 were good, but i would need a custom steering shaft. i thought it sounded alittle weird considering that kooks dont say anything about needing a custom shaft for they're product. and thanks for the heads up on flaming river!! so i guess stock steering shaft is good for 1-3/4?

i was talking to MMR of what headers best match there ported heads and they said 500 or less than 1-5/8 were good and than 500+ 1-3/4 were good, but i would need a custom steering shaft. i thought it sounded alittle weird considering that kooks dont say anything about needing a custom shaft for they're product. and thanks for the heads up on flaming river!! so i guess stock steering shaft is good for 1-3/4?

Call Jared at Lethal Performance he has always been super helpful and I got my American Racing 1 5/8 LT's from them

Good Luck

Andrew

Archived