TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wow it pays to know people lol

mach1fever

A local dealer I have a relationship had a couple of new untitled 2009 Shelby's on the lot listed for 39,9 and change. So I figured I would shoot them an email and see if they were willing to deal. Needless to say this is what I got back and what I responded to. I have been with this dealer since 1999 and bought 5 mustangs and a fusion, not to mention all the people I spiffed to them free of charge (at least 15 sales). Now I could walk in to their Sales Manager's office and get him in trouble but I want to see what kind of hole he digs himself, if he even response. Stay tuned lol.

Respectfully,

Roger

Richard, tax tag and title on this car is only 2900 based on the "internet price". Where would the rest of the 6000 come in. Even with a dealer fee, your numbers are way off. If someone paid 53k for the other car you had, I could order a 2011 with an aluminum block, fully loaded for that and I will just pass. If you want to move the car let me know, otherwise thank you for your prompt response. I don't know if you guys are taking x-plan on it but it might help.

Respectfully,

Roger

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Feb 2, 2010 3:38 PM

To

Subject: Shelby

Roger,

Per your request I got with Arsene and we have worked the numbers for the Shelby. Arsene wrote it up taking all margins out of the vehicle and can get it out the door taxes, title and documentation fees included for $48,995 dollars. We had two identical vehicles and the other one sold to a customer nine days ago for $4,500 dollars more. When can I set an appointment for you to come in and look at this vehicle? Also, is this a replacement vehicle or an additional vehicle? If a replacement could you send me more information on your present vehicle? This can help to save you time when you come into the dealership.

Thanks,

Rich Wilkerson

A local dealer I have a relationship had a couple of new untitled 2009 Shelby's on the lot listed for 39,9 and change.

Richard, tax tag and title on this car is only 2900 based on the "internet price". Where would the rest of the 6000 come in. Even with a dealer fee, your numbers are way off. If someone paid 53k for the other car you had

Arsene wrote it up taking all margins out of the vehicle and can get it out the door taxes, title and documentation fees included for $48,995 dollars. We had two identical vehicles and the other one sold to a customer nine days ago for $4,500 dollars more.

I'm confused.

They actually want 53K for a 2009 Shelby..but will get it to you for 49K. But they have it on the lot for 39k?

- so where does the $6,000 figure come in? Sorry...just having a hard time following.

That was my point. The car is listed on the website for 39985.00 I sent an email inquiring. The dealer emailed me back with an offer of 48k out the door and that another person had paid 4500 more last week for an identical car they had listed last week bringing his total to 53k. That was the email at the bottom of the original post. Then I responded:

"Richard, tax tag and title on this car is only 2900 based on the "internet price". Where would the rest of the 6000 come in. Even with a dealer fee, your numbers are way off. If someone paid 53k for the other car you had, I could order a 2011 with an aluminum block, fully loaded for that and I will just pass. If you want to move the car let me know, otherwise thank you for your prompt response. I don't know if you guys are taking x-plan on it but it might help.

Respectfully,

Roger"

I just got another reply from him saying he made a mistake and the quote was based off of msrp and not the internet price. Anywho, now they want 43k out the door and he is checking on x-plan.

Roger

Archived