TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deposit Amount

vinstang

What is the "nornal" deposit one needs to put down to order a GT500?

The dealer I ordered my 2010 from usually wants 10% down but said $1000 was fine on a gt500 because they new if I didn't take it they could probably sell it quickly, especially since there are not many option combo's. I'm sure every dealer is differant but as long as you know they will be able to get you your car in a timely manner, the deposit amount shouldn't be of much concern.

My dealer took a $1,000.oo deposit on my car which by the way, didn't show up on the final receipt. I had to go back in and remind him that I had already paid $1000 so they had to rewrite the contract and subtract the one thousand dollars from it.

I had forgotten all about it until my wife reminded me...

It's only money,

Phill Pollard

I think you will find it really is going to be situational. Can the dealer move the car should the original person not be able to get the car, does the dealer have a positive working relation with the person buying the car, is the person buying the car financing or paying by some other means and I'm sure a storm of other factors. My personal experience was 2 emails, car was ordered, built and everything sealed without any money being asked for or expected, nor any obligation. My opinion is/was that the dealer knew he could sell the car should anything happen on my end and I told him I would be paying in cash, in full well before delivery of the car to his dealership or my house.

Nic

I think you will find it really is going to be situational. Can the dealer move the car should the original person not be able to get the car, does the dealer have a positive working relation with the person buying the car, is the person buying the car financing or paying by some other means and I'm sure a storm of other factors. My personal experience was 2 emails, car was ordered, built and everything sealed without any money being asked for or expected, nor any obligation. My opinion is/was that the dealer knew he could sell the car should anything happen on my end and I told him I would be paying in cash, in full well before delivery of the car to his dealership or my house.

Nic

Nic--you should be getting close right?/who did you wind up buying from??

Nic--you should be getting close right?/who did you wind up buying from??

I would like to say I am going to see it this week. But it has been dragging its feet getting to me and keeps coming up missing in action. To the best of my knowledge it is in the greater state of Georgia some place, other than that I have no clue where it is at and no clue on when it will get to my house.

Ended up going with MM.

Nic

$500,which you will walk away from if you cancel generally

I thought so too but when I decided to stop waiting and buy mine off a lot the sales manager at the dealership I bought from let me know that by CA law the dealer I ordered from had to give back my deposit. no problems getting my deposit back from other dealership

I thought so too but when I decided to stop waiting and buy mine off a lot the sales manager at the dealership I bought from let me know that by CA law the dealer I ordered from had to give back my deposit. no problems getting my deposit back from other dealership

I bought from smal dealership in Louisiana and only had 1 07 & 1 08. The 07 was sold a week before I went in so I wanted the 08 and put 10,000 down in late 06.He cut 1000 off msrp on 08 when came in he made interest on my money so he cut me a deal.I did not what to lose out are get in a bidding war with any one. That sucured the deal.I waited a long time for the car but it was worth the wait,what a great machine she is!!!

I had no problem getting my full deposit back too. Really was the most pleasant part of the "ordering" process for me...LOL!

So your sure California law state you get your deposit back if you back out? Also what if I place the order through a well known east coast dealership and have them deliver it to my local CA delear. Who gets the deposit and will I get it back then? Can all of this be done over the internet/phone?

I dont want to pay more then $500 if I have to send the money across the country for a deposit

I would like to say I am going to see it this week. But it has been dragging its feet getting to me and keeps coming up missing in action. To the best of my knowledge it is in the greater state of Georgia some place, other than that I have no clue where it is at and no clue on when it will get to my house.

Ended up going with MM.

Nic

Have you called Michael--hes usually on top of these cars.If you had one built,Im guessing istsdrop shiping to a local dealer by train,maybe Michael can get you tracing info--theres someone on Ts that has traced West coast train delivery--you can find the thread Im sure.I know michale is in, he sent me an email Monday thats hes got 11 GT500s on his lot

The dealer I ordered my 2010 from usually wants 10% down but said $1000 was fine on a gt500 because they new if I didn't take it they could probably sell it quickly, especially since there are not many option combo's. I'm sure every dealer is differant but as long as you know they will be able to get you your car in a timely manner, the deposit amount shouldn't be of much concern.

This is exactly what my dealer did when I ordered my 2010 GT500.

Have you called Michael--hes usually on top of these cars.If you had one built,Im guessing istsdrop shiping to a local dealer by train,maybe Michael can get you tracing info--theres someone on Ts that has traced West coast train delivery--you can find the thread Im sure.I know michale is in, he sent me an email Monday thats hes got 11 GT500s on his lot

Yeah he is tracking and workin on it. It is just being very elusive on getting to him and getting to me. It was supposed to be there last week, then this week, then last night/today. So hopefully soon. He should have it at his dealer any time now, most likely the wait is killing me more than anything so maybe im being over impatient hehe.

Nic

Vinny,

I have bought a number of cars and trucks from the dealer I used and he is a personal friend, so a handshake was fine for him even though he was ordering through a dealer in FL and drop shipping to LI.

Not really helpful for you as it doesn't answer the question.

Hope all is well with you and have broken her out of the garage a couple of times over the winter when the weather is OK.

Send me a PM and I can try to swing by so you can see the car.

Regards,

Jim

Archived