TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pink GT500

mikesdream

I don't usually tread on the 67/70 Shelby turf but I was curious. Does anyone have info about this cars history or current state?

1969 Connie Kreski - Shelby Cobra GT500.jpg

She apparently received this as a Playmate of the year thing in 69.

Mike

I don't usually tread on the 67/70 Shelby turf but I was curious. Does anyone have info about this cars history or current state?

1969 Connie Kreski - Shelby Cobra GT500.jpg

Mike

Don't know about the GT500 but here is a link to the 1965 Sunbeam Tiger

pinkbunny.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Don't know about the GT500 but here is a link to the 1965 Sunbeam Tiger

pinkbunny.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Nice headlamps... salute.gif

post-10954-126517872218_thumb.jpg

Mike

Take a look here. About half way down is all the info you need on the 10 Playboy Shelbys, including serial numbers. Go find them!

Chris.

Take a look here. About half way down is all the info you need on the 10 Playboy Shelbys, including serial numbers. Go find them!

Chris.

Wow, what an interesting piece. Thanks for sharing that bit of history, truly enjoyed reading it.

Thank you Chris.

From the above TS Member,

Most people are familiar with the pink 1969 Shelby GT500 that was given to the Playmate of the Year. That car actually started out as a Pastel Gray fastback (1969 - Serial Number 1027). It was automatic transmission car without A/C. Northwestern Ford.

Mike

TS members rock. I would love to find and restore this Shelby : ) I wonder if the Bunny still has it or if she is documented were it went.

nice to see you back Chris, how is the Extreme doing?

I still drop by here from time to time - the 60's forum always seems to be a little quiet though. The Extreme is actually down at SMS Supercars right now, (hopefully) getting a few more ponies wrung out of her.I took her in because she was only (?) putting down 500 RWHP. Actually the power was plenty for me, but the car was also running a little rich. Hopefully she'll be back once all this rain stops! We Californians aren't used to getting wet... ;-> Heheh, shouldn't complain with what the East Coast is getting right now I guess! :->

Chris.

Hey Mike - it is Mike here (GT 500 owner - Son has the Shelby GT - we met over at Hi Times) - The bunny died of a heart attack when she was 48 years old...she is not around any more.

Long time no see. I think I need some more Bombay : ) So she passed in the early 90s? She was a beautiful woman and what a title "Miss 69". Wonder if the car is in her family or if she treated it like all the other gimmies that Bunnys get (Sold for shoes)?

Mike

PS your son still have the SGT? Lookn for a daily car.

Hi Mike:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Kreski

She died in 1995...

Son is at UC Merced, he is driving the 2001 Range Rover while his Shelby GT stays parked in the garage. I take it out on Sundays for a 10 mile drive, but that is about it.

I haven't see you around lately either. Still driving my GT 500 every day...still loving it!

Hi Mike:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Kreski

She died in 1995...

Son is at UC Merced, he is driving the 2001 Range Rover while his Shelby GT stays parked in the garage. I take it out on Sundays for a 10 mile drive, but that is about it.

I haven't see you around lately either. Still driving my GT 500 every day...still loving it!

Thank u 4 the info on Connie K. If I ever get a Sun off (Payrole day) we should go to Cooks Corner and get breakfast (let the 2 wheelers drool).

Mike

Pretty routinely I go to Cars n Coffee at Irvine Spec (an hour or so). Nice short drive and see a couple of cool cars. I come back through Laguna canyon to see if the FR susp is still OK : )

smurfs.jpg

smurfs.jpg

post-10954-126517872218_thumb.jpg

Mike

Darn it Mike, now you've got me all depressed. Connie Kreski was about the nicest Playmate of all times. Her centerfold was on my locker door in Viet Nam for a year. She was a natural beauty, not like all of the "plastic surgeon enhanced women" of today. When you did your post I did the research to "see where she is now" and found she died in 1995 (born 1946) of lung cancer. Very sad, she did a lot for Viet Nam vets.

Darn it Mike, now you've got me all depressed. Connie Kreski was about the nicest Playmate of all times. Her centerfold was on my locker door in Viet Nam for a year. She was a natural beauty, not like all of the "plastic surgeon enhanced women" of today. When you did your post I did the research to "see where she is now" and found she died in 1995 (born 1946) of lung cancer. Very sad, she did a lot for Viet Nam vets.

I have to agree! The 1960's had the best...articles...not like the stuff today!

:dance:

She looks alot like my first wife. Here you go a slightly larger pic so you can see the "details" ; )

Large Connie.jpg

Large Connie.jpg

• 5 months later...

She looks alot like my first wife. Here you go a slightly larger pic so you can see the "details" ; )

post-10954-126636577081_thumb.jpg

Sorry to bring up an old topic...

Does anybody have any pics showing the side or rear it the pink playmate Shelby? I'd like to make a model of this car, but I have no idea what the side stripes were - or if they even bothered to put them back on after the repaint.

The CA tag (black plate??) would be helpful as well, but would just be icing on the cake.

The SAAC registry has very little on this car.

Thanks,

Steve DeVaux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah they really stand out ; )

If I get into gear, I may try to contact the family. I think they are in MI. If it can be bought I would love to resurrect this car and show it. I found ......

*"Circumstances have pushed me into acting now and I love it," Connie tells us. Her new Playmate Pink Shelby GT 500 should provide attention-getting transportation to and from the Universal sound stages.

Connie Kreski DL (Constance Joanne Kornacki).jpg

I know the DL # and if the title was in her name couldn't the cars history through DMV be tracked down? Oh yeah, I don't work for the DMV : )

Mike

Connie Kreski DL (Constance Joanne Kornacki).jpg

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic...

Does anybody have any pics showing the side or rear it the pink playmate Shelby? I'd like to make a model of this car, but I have no idea what the side stripes were - or if they even bothered to put them back on after the repaint.

The CA tag (black plate??) would be helpful as well, but would just be icing on the cake.

The SAAC registry has very little on this car.

Thanks,

Steve DeVaux

Hey Steve,

Did you have any luck finding more pictures? I'd expect the car to have white side stripes, it would seem to fit in with the softer side.

I wonder if they showed any pictures in the 1969 POY issue. Even if there was a small section of the car, the side stripes would likely stand out. Maybe some research is in order!

Hey Steve,

Did you have any luck finding more pictures? I'd expect the car to have white side stripes, it would seem to fit in with the softer side.

I wonder if they showed any pictures in the 1969 POY issue. Even if there was a small section of the car, the side stripes would likely stand out. Maybe some research is in order!

I have not checked here for a while. I was talking to my parents and they swear they saw it auctioned at BJ. News to me. I was interested in purchase/ restore because it is so unique.

I have not checked here for a while. I was talking to my parents and they swear they saw it auctioned at BJ. News to me. I was interested in purchase/ restore because it is so unique.

I just searched through the Barrett-Jackson auction results for all 69 Shelby's. I read through each car description and there is nothing showing for this car.

Seriously, have you checked the Playboy issue where she was voted the playmate of the year. There may be some pictures there. I haven't found much of anything helpful on the web.

Archived