TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you attend an east coast Bash-like event?

MMcGuirk

East Coast Bash   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Event duration?

• Thursday thru Sunday
    • Friday thru Sunday
    • Saturday / Sunday
  2. 2. Itnerary preference?

• Road course, Drag racing, Car show, banquet
    • Road course, Car show, banquet
    • Drag racing, Car show , banquet
    • Cruise, Car show, BBQ
  3. 3. Max $ to attend full content ECBash

• $1000
    • $800
    • $600
    • $500
    • $400
  4. 4. Likelyhood to attend

• 100%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 50%

I'm in either way!!! But one thing that is important to me and are cars is safety monticello, Ny is not the greatest area they have that nice track but crime just about everywhere. I know that my 2 friends will be watching my back (smith&wesson) more worried about damage to are cars. I know Philly has some ruff areas so hopefully we won't be anywhere near that stuff.

Whenever, I travel somewhere and know that I will be stopping for the nite. I give the local P.D a shout to give the heads up that my butt is in there town. Also to ask how the area is and if my car will be safe. I rather be safe than sorry for the P.D that has to restrain me if my car goes missing or worse. Sometimes, I would leave my car at the local P.D for the night.

Also it would be a good idea to include your plans for an event to the cops most cops are car lovers.

I'm in either way!!! But one thing that is important to me and are cars is safety monticello, Ny is not the greatest area they have that nice track but crime just about everywhere. I know that my 2 friends will be watching my back (smith&wesson) more worried about damage to are cars. I know Philly has some ruff areas so hopefully we won't be anywhere near that stuff.

Whenever, I travel somewhere and know that I will be stopping for the nite. I give the local P.D a shout to give the heads up that my butt is in there town. Also to ask how the area is and if my car will be safe. I rather be safe than sorry for the P.D that has to restrain me if my car goes missing or worse. Sometimes, I would leave my car at the local P.D for the night.

Also it would be a good idea to include your plans for an event to the cops most cops are car lovers.

There is the potential for crime and auto theft anywhere we have our event. Danville recently had one of the largest textile mills in the world close down. Does this mean there will be an increase in crime and Auto theft ? If it becomes a concern we can have security companies patrol our hotels whether the event is in the north or south. I speak for the northeast car guys. If the event is at VIR the attendence from the northeast will be low but higher from the southern states. If we have an event based in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania; the Northeast draw will be high. How about rotating east coast events north and south every other year. Mike Bruno and I will help promote a northeast / mid atlantic event but will not get very good attendence if the event goes to far south. Pocono Raceway is also a possible venue also. My 2 cents, Rick

First off, I want to apologize if anyone thought that I was hijacking this thread. That was not my intention, I just wanted to make a suggestion that VIR was more centrally located to all TS members that reside on the east coast since this was in the planning stages.

To clear up a couple of facts, yes Robert and Sharron brought out the SAI trailer and joined as vendor/sponsor for of one of the annual SCMC Track events held at VIR in May/June of '08 this was not a TS event. If you recall, the did the same thing at SAAC-33 in Millville, New Jersey in August of '08.

I'm still interested either way. I'll now go sit in the corner and keep my mouth shut.... :lurk:

Count me in for any East Coast Shelby bash....but my vote is for VIR. I don't think you'll find a better facility than VIR. Accomodations are outstanding and very reasonable (hotel is on track) and the race track is one of the best (if not the best) road racing circuits in the country. Plus, the season is extended by a month or more from the Northeast. There's also a great tie in with Carroll Shelby..."As I said in 1957 when I won the race here, I think this is the most interesting and fun race track that's been built in this country. I still feel that way...- Carroll Shelby" Why not combine the event with SCMC? They already have a fall date scheduled for mid-October (10/16 - 10/17 -- 2 days of full course) and they will take care of all of the on track scheduling, instructors, etc. Get Tony involved at Tony@svtcobraclub.com

We would like to keep this thread on topic.

We are polling Team Shelby members to judge the feasibility of creating a LV Bash-like event. Our AIM is to provide similar content that we experience at Las Vegas Bash.

Details such as track choice, lodging, etc will all be ironed out once the level on potential participation is understood.

We are targeting suburban Philadelphia / New Jersey for sponsorship reasons and the availability of race track rentals. All aspects of the event are under serious scrutiny, especially safety and security.

With your support, we anticipate moving forward quickly. Please pass the word to your fellow Shelby enthusiasts and owners. Ask them to participate in the poll.

We would like to keep this thread on topic.

We are polling Team Shelby members to judge the feasibility of creating a LV Bash-like event. Our AIM is to provide similar content that we experience at Las Vegas Bash.

Details such as track choice, lodging, etc will all be ironed out once the level on potential participation is understood.

We are targeting suburban Philadelphia / New Jersey for sponsorship reasons and the availability of race track rentals. All aspects of the event are under serious scrutiny, especially safety and security.

With your support, we anticipate moving forward quickly. Please pass the word to your fellow Shelby enthusiasts and owners. Ask them to participate in the poll.

Let's get this done! All of you guys that have communicated your dissatifaction with only having West Coast events need to speak up now....

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

Mike,

Are you planning on driving or flying there? Depends on the exact date, i might want to take a nice drive to philly for a cheese steak. i understand that they are pretty good there.

It is only 2700 miles or 40 hours one way...

Tom

Mike,

Are you planning on driving or flying there? Depends on the exact date, i might want to take a nice drive to philly for a cheese steak. i understand that they are pretty good there.

Tom

I will be using one of my east coast Shelbys for event.B)

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

Mike,

I want to thank you for taking the time to put the survey together and suggesting this event, I would be happy to assist in any way. As a former Porsche Club Racer, we took for granted the plethora of events we had. I feel our cars, stock or modified would represent themselves very well, in competent hands, and for those new to track events it's a very friendly car to learn with, thank you.

peter

There is the potential for crime and auto theft anywhere we have our event. Danville recently had one of the largest textile mills in the world close down. Does this mean there will be an increase in crime and Auto theft ? If it becomes a concern we can have security companies patrol our hotels whether the event is in the north or south. I speak for the northeast car guys. If the event is at VIR the attendence from the northeast will be low but higher from the southern states. If we have an event based in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania; the Northeast draw will be high. How about rotating east coast events north and south every other year. Mike Bruno and I will help promote a northeast / mid atlantic event but will not get very good attendence if the event goes to far south. Pocono Raceway is also a possible venue also. My 2 cents, Rick

Thanks Rick for that lesson in crime, I get a little nervous leave my home town of Mayberry where crime doesn't happen here. I read the papers once in awhile and they say that monticello has a high murder rate. But a person as yor self living in long island, I sure you have to be on your toes. I almost go transfered there to a pathmark. All, I know is pointing out safety issues, I know anywhere that my car goes it will be parked at the nearest police dept.

As far as this topic goes mike bruno has my full interest on whatever choice he makes.

Remember there is crime everywhere but why risk making yourself a victim.

You do realize that Shelby is putting on an 45th event the first or second weekend of October. I know that it is in Texas, but I think a lot of people might not want to choose one over the other. Justa thought.

Good luck Mike. If anyone can do this its you!

You do realize that Shelby is putting on an 45th event the first or second weekend of October. I know that it is in Texas, but I think a lot of people might not want to choose one over the other. Justa thought.

Good luck Mike. If anyone can do this its you!

Thanks. This is in the feasibility stages and we will coordinate this with TS/SAI.

BTW - why don't you put the bouncing ball avatar back on, I like it much better than the one you have now!

Mike,

Tom

For the Best Cheese Steaks in Philly, it's Tony Luke's, Abner's, Jim's, ofrJohn's in Philly proper. If your more towards Atlantic City then The White House is your place. West of Philly would be Nick's.

Any East Coast Bash and I'm in.

Both Lightning and Thunderbolt in NJ are fantastic. Pocono Raceway offers nice fall folliage, winding roads for any cruisin, and an ok set of tracks that use part of the nascar banking then an infield course. Pocono is not the best road course but it is VERY safe compared to other mid atlantic tracks and offers plenty of reasonably priced rooms in the area.

I'm headed to Shelbyfest (950+ miles) so this event is a no-brainer, I'm in. Thanks for thinking of us right coast car nuts.

I'd be more inclined to attend something in the summer. I'm not too fond of going to a car related event by airplane. The problem with the Vegas Bash for me is the Rocky Mountains. I'm on the wrong side of them for winter. A Vegas event in Sept. or Oct. would be perfect. (The Barrett Jackson Vegas auction is in late September this year.)

East coast is too far.

Archived